LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » alcohol and lyme diagnosis

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: alcohol and lyme diagnosis
Stefanie
Member # 16084

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stefanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does anyone know the reason why you should not
drink alcohol?

Is it because of the abx or because of the lyme.

I currently am taking doxy, but really want to have one cocktail.

Is that so bad?

Posts: 35 | From MN | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an occassional glass of wine. Doctor says it won't hurt. I don't think that you want to do anything in excess though.

Alch. is toxic and so are our bodies when fighting lyme.

feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Some abx do not mix with alcohol. Personally, I don't think ANY medicines mix with alcohol. It changes everything into a different chemical reaction.

FLAGYL and alcohol can cause some very serious reactions. So, even a dose of 30 drops of an herbal tincture preserved in alcohol can be contraindicated while on flagyl or its generic.

Dr. B states that one of the major reasons for treatment failure is the use of alcohol (and the lack of good rest).

Alcohol is very toxic to the liver and it can waste a critical window of opportunity for someone who is treating a new case of lyme.

For those who have been at this for a while, perhaps one tiny drink very six months may be a set back some will figure in and manage.

But if you have a fresh case and you are trying to treat this incredibly difficult infection, you need the best chance you can get. EVERYTHING that goes into your body matters. Even one drink can create a chance for the lyme to take hold.

Think of soaking your hand in an alcoholic drink for about six hours. I bet the skin it would itch and become irritated. And that is just a fraction of what it does inside of us when we are already in a weakened state.

As an alternative, get your friends to learn to give shoulder and foot rubs and everyone will fell loopy - other fancy drinks that are healthy can be a substitute if you have a special occasion out and want to feel special.

Good luck. It's not easy to be perfect and none of us are - but we all want to be better and that's what you hold onto. The feeling of health is FAR better than the feeling any alcohol could possibly provide.

Take care now.

-

[ 11. July 2008, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soonermom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soonermom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know why lyme causes such an intolerance to alcohol in general. One drink seems like 10...I don't even WANT to drink alcohol anymore. Can your liver just not function properly to break it down anymore or what?

This was one of my symptoms before diagnosis. When Dr. C read this in my "timeline" he said he would have immediately suspected a tick borne infection just based on that alone.

--------------------
3/08 CDC Positive
IgM 18++ 23-25IND 31++++ 34++ 39+ 41+++ 58+ 83-93+

CDC Negative
IgG 31IND 39IND 41+++ 58+ 66+

Posts: 274 | From oklahoma | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stefanie
Member # 16084

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stefanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well how depressing! I am getting way more no's than yes'.

You would think you could just take Milk Thistle which helps detox the liver.

Well I am having one right now, I'll stop there.

I am only on 200 mg/day of doxy!

Posts: 35 | From MN | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catskillmamala
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for catskillmamala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was like you, I wanted to drink and it didn't seem like a big deal. I liked to have a beer with dinner. I was dx with lyme and on oral abx but I just timed them to not be together.

But then one day it HIT me. I was at a fundraiser for a political event. I had ONE drink (vodka) and I was hammered. I couldn't drive home and I had to ask a judge's spouse to drive me-- what an embarrassment.

I tried again a few weeks later and had a beer with dinner. Half way through my head was on the table and I had to go to bed.

Now, I'm afraid to drink because it will probably wipe me out. That could happen to you at any time, and believe me, that's stressful.

I also agree that it probably interferes with healing. It's just another thing that you've got to process. I wouldn't stress about this one, but you should try to taper off to none.

Posts: 524 | From Hudson Valley, NY | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi stefanie

Booze is a No No -

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cactus
Member # 7347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cactus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alcohol is out when anyone is taking abx, because it often lowers the effectiveness.

In the case of doxy, drinking while taking it can cause the liver to break down the doxy faster than usual. That can lower your blood level of doxy, and lessen its effectiveness.

Check out drugdigest.com's "check interactions" feature - it will give you any drug interactions, and also list any potential food/drink interactions. Alcohol interactions often come up.

My LLMD even insisted that I say "no thank you" to my best friend's famous rum balls... That's okay, when this is all over, I will be digging my toes into the sand somewhere with an umbrellie drink in hand!

--------------------
�Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?� - A.A. Milne

Posts: 1987 | From No. VA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lauralyme
Member # 15021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauralyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well put Keebler
Bravo

--------------------
Fall down seven times, get up eight
~Japanese proverb

Posts: 1146 | From west coast | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gert
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gert     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any form of alcohol kills me. Even a sip on a teaspoon will give me facial flushing, heavy breathing, swollen throat, headache, sweats and just a really bad feeling.

I also have a very high biotoxin count in my body due to molds, lyme and probably other stuff.

When the body gets an overload of these toxins, we develop multiple chemical sensitivities.

One other thing ~ ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL (EVEN AVOID COUGH SYRUPS AND MOUTH WASH) WHILE ON FLAGYL AS IT WILL CAUSE AN ANTIBUSE EFFECT.

Posts: 261 | From NW Pa ~ Crawford County | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Alcohol also raises the level of excess porphryins in our body, an effect of the stressed liver detox pathway, Cytochrome P-450. In excess, porphyrins kill cells - especially nerve cells.

more information: www.cpnhelp.org/secondaryporphyria - for how excess porphryins are involved in an antibiotic treatment protocol for Cpn, a protocol that mirrors that for lyme/TBD.

Regarding the liver's capacity to detoxify certain chemicals through the Cytochrome P-450 pathway. If certain enzymes are deficient, excess porphyrins can cause neurological problems.

(That is just one reason for avoiding toxins, adding liver support and attention to endotoxin / neurotoxin prevention and clearance - on a continual basis.)

There are at least 11 types of genetic porphryias, some differences in each type.

However, secondary porphyria can also be present at times - in ANYONE - if the liver is overloaded as with certain toxic infections or with someone taking many medicines.

This can be hereditary or acquired through chemical overload or infection overload.

Classic symtoms can be found at the links below and often will involve sun damage from even a little sun or severe pain and cramping of the lower GI tract.

But, sink or GI symptoms may be absent and other symptoms, more neurologocial or psychological in nature, may be more pronounced, depending upon which specific enzymes and type of porphyria is involved.

In all types of porphyria, certain classifications of drugs are safe while others can be dangerous. Caution is to be advised when mixing drugs. Diet, too, is of utmost importance.

If a person has ever had any relative to show extreme reactions to drugs, especially in an E.R. setting, questioning the entire family may help save lives.

Undiagnosed porphyria can be fatal as, usually, there are never any signs until a certain chemical load has stressed the liver. This could well be a connection with so many hospital drug fatalities.

And - this could be why many patients with chronic infections have such a quick and serious reaction to such a little amount of alcohol. We happen to have an early warning system that our livers are doing the best they can and they just can't handle the effects of alcohol.

Of course, as to why patients with CFS and lyme are severely alcohol intolerant, there may be other connections, too.

Still, whatever the reasons, it's actually a good thing that our bodies are sending us a helpful message.

-------------------------------------------------

PORPHYRIA LINKS

-----------------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porphyria

WIKIPEDIA - good start, but not complete

===============================

http://www.cpf-inc.ca/

CANADIAN PORPHYRIA FOUNDATION

Call (in Canada) 204-476-2800 or toll-free at 1-866-476-2801

They have a Doctor's Guide to Medication in Acute Porphyria.

===================================

www.porphyriafoundation.com/ Another great site.

AMERICAN PORPHYRIA FOUNDATION

===================================

http://www.cpf-inc.ca/e-guide.pdf

Patient's and Doctor's guide to medication in acute porphyria.

A 74-page pdf in English - (French edition is available through their home page)

DRUGS IN ACUTE PORPHYRIAS
http://www.cpf-inc.ca/e-guide.pdf 2007 Edition Swedish Pharnacopeia.

======================================

http://tinyurl.com/2lrmqn

MALARIA PROPHYLAXIS FOR PATIENTS WITH PORPHYRIA TRAVELLING IN SOUTHERN AFRICA

==================================

http://tinyurl.com/yozppd From www.ImmuneSupport.com

Chlamydia Pneumoniae in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia -

Secondary porphyria in relation to Cpn. This article seems to mirror lyme tx - and reactions - in many ways.

======================================

http://www.cpnhelp.org/secondaryporphyria

Secondary Porphyria: what you should know before starting a CAP (combined antibiotic protocol)

Excerpt:

Symptoms of Porphyria- Porphyria may affect the nervous system or the skin.

When porphyria affects the nervous system, it can cause:

chest pain
shortness of breath

abdominal pain
nausea

muscle cramps
weakness

hallucinations
depression

anxiety
paranoia

seizures

death (fatality noted in other sources, not this article)

=-=-=-=

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez

PubMed Search:

Porphyria - 8735 abstracts

chronic porphyria - 676 abstracts

porphyria, alcohol - 383 abstracts

porphyria, cytochrome P-450 - 199 abstracts

porphyria, chronic lyme - one

---

BTW, a little organic carrot juice can be a very good thing to lower porphyrins. Greens powders, too, contain beta carotene.

In acute attacks, emergency medical care may be life-saving.

==

[ 12. July 2008, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angelica
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even for lymies who are not on abx doesn't alcohol and the sugar it contains feed the spirochetes and the disease? If we know it feeds Lyme disease who knows what it does to feed coinfections?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FreakShow
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
once you have lyme, life is basically over. from what I read on here. wow, i am so upset when I come on here. I just want to not read any of this anymore... this sucks.

thanks all.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-

FreakShow -

Okay, yeah, it can sure feel that way. Believe me, those of us who have dealth with this for a while do not offer advice to make it harder. We offer it to save others time and pain.

Honestly, a few times each day I am faced with how close to toast I am. Still . . . my mind reaches out to what else I can do - or what else I can stop doing that will help.

Knowledge is power. Always. With knowledge, you know how to proceed - what you are facing - etc.

Life is not over - although, I admit it can be drastically altered. Life as we thought we deserved according to what - TV, movies, magazines - well, that has been turned on its head for sure.

Even the simplest life is very hard with lyme, too. But, each day we can still enjoy family and friends, music, many flavors of foods and other simple joys. With treatment (we hope) and good self-care people can and do get better. With knowledge, we learn HOW to get better.

Even those who struggle without treatment or doing what treatment they can . . . we all have a chance. And there is more to learn. More to be discovered.

However, I've sure had to change my idea of the life I thought I was promised. I've had to get down to the basics. Had I been a cave-lady, I would be nourishing my body with foods from the earth (or from a fire that a cute cave man would, of course, make for me).

I get it easier, though, in that I have a fridge. Today, a very basic approach to nutrition can actually save a ton of money, simplify choices and help the environment - and strengthen health.

Rather than being forced into a healthy way of eating, I see it now as a privilege - especially when I watch the world news each night. In addition to knowledge, I constantly call upon perspective to help me trudge on. It helps.

Yeah, it still is very rough most of the time, but I feel more connected to what my body needs and more connected to the earth. My life has changed but it's not over. And - oh - it's best to limit that quest for knowledge to a set amount for science, some for nutrition, some for enjoyment and whatever movement feels healthy.

I look at reading about lyme as learning science. if learning about all this is too sad, just pick one good book (say, Singleton's "The Lyme Disease Solution" - key word: solution) . . . I look upon symptoms as "oh, that's interesting . . ."

Don't come here if it makes you feel worse. Really. There are plenty of ways to learn what you need to know. Once you have your treatment plan and know how to proceed, find what gives you nourishment. If you can, keep contact with some friends and music and whatever brings you joy. Some stuff may change, but true friendship can still grow.

If our need to rest far exceeds our desire to be out and about, realize that our bodies, our brains, are working against all odds and growing new tissue. It takes a lot to repair a whole body and rest speeds that along.

I hope it gets better for you soon. And, somehow, I hope you can enjoy a few things along the way.

-

[ 01. August 2008, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

SoSublyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoSublyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keebler,

I always learn so much from your posts...they are so thoughtful besides being very informative.

It is no surprise to learn you are a teacher and journalist. (I am using present tense because in my mind you still are.)

Jeanne

Posts: 345 | From East Coast | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-

not so sublime lyme: wow, thanks. Funny, I had come here to delete that post and now, with your note there, guess that would leave an empty space.

This is all so surreal and sometimes after writing off the top of my head and then taking a looking back, I simply delete.

Glad some of the words make some sense - I just pass along others' words that have made sense to me.

-

Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guy or girl?

Women have less of an enzyme to process alcohol thru the liver.

Alcohol dries out proteins.

Bb moves away from ethanol.

http://www.irishhealth.com/index.html?level=4&id=3877&var=print

NEVER take an alcoholic drink while on Flagyl.

If you want to get deeper into this:

http://sciencelinks.jp/j-east/article/200407/000020040704A0181475.php

What happens when sugar is fermented?

Spirochetes ferment sugar...what does this produce?

What pathogen uses that product?

Posts: 9426 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when i was really sick with the brain involvement, half a glass of wine and i felt horrible for three days. i didn't have any alchohol for about two years... and i'm an irish girl [Razz]

my son is an older teen with bad brain stuff now, and has used alchohol in attempts to self medicate, or when with peers who take alchohol.
he is at a point now with his tbi's where one drink is like ten. i wouldn't wish this problem on anyone.

it's not just physical and immune health related -
it can bring on a very dangerous acute state in some patients. alchohol is dangerous with neuro-lyme because the reaction can be immediate stupor, belligerance, extreme mood swings, complete disinhibition, explosive sadness or anger, panic attack, and more.

be very cautious, at times it can be like pouring gasoline on a fire.

mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2261

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beer, wine, and champagne contain living yeast cells. If you are on abx that yeast can really throw off your intestines. Alcohol in general is converted to sugar by our bodies, which is another reason not to drink. Plus it has lots of calories.
Before I was diagnosed I had the worst hangover of my life from just 2 beers. If I did not know better I would have sworn somebody drugged me.
We had to call a doctor, because I could not stop throwing up. Not an experience I wish to relive.
EVER.

Posts: 210 | From VA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stefanie
Member # 16084

So even when i am off my doxy, I shouldn't drink?
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stefanie:
[QB] So even when i am off my doxy, I shouldn't drink?

Right. And 200mg of doxy will NOT get you well. Are you seeing an LLMD?

Yeast is a huge issue and you will eventually succumb to it, especially if you drink alcohol.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just don't think it is good for you if you have LD. I tried to drink a couple of times, but ever since I became ill half a drink feels like 2 drinks.
Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Marschner
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Marschner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alcohol intolerance occurred to me THE SAME DAY I STARTED MY ANTIBIOTICS. Hasn't let up since.

I'd say that since ethanol causes mild encephalopathy: dizziness, nausea, head-ache etc. are expected.

When you have spirochetes "swimming" thru your brain and causing encephalopathy as it is...alcohol probably acts synergistically w/ the lyme inflammation. Making drinking virtually impossible and hang-overs, a death sentence. Plus all that other stuff that contributes to lyme patients feeling like crap.

I know its NOT AN INTERACTION BETWEEN ANTIBIOTICS AND ALCOHOL. I've gone off abx for 5 months, and I didn't come close to being able to drink again.-In fact, I'm very tired of hearing Dr's etc...tell me that my intolerance to alcohol has nothing to do w/ my disease...and that I should simply quit drinking and forget about why!-NO THANKS! I've also had my wife, and family members try my abx regimen for a while to see if they had any BAD EFFECTS. I wasn't surprised to find that ALL MY "TEST SUBJECTS" HAD NO SERIOUS SIDE EFFECTS FROM MY ANTI-BIOTIC REGIMEN (Rifampin-900mg, Zithromax-1,000mg, Omnicef-900mg/day).They had no trouble drinking on the abx...just turned their urine dark.--So why was alcohol making me so very sick?-Don't tell me it's the anti-biotics!

The day I can drink again, is the day that I will consider myself recovered.

Posts: 269 | From Valencia, CA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Marschner
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Marschner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some responses seem to advocate no, low carbs, low calories in general. Why?

Sure all bacteria survive on nutrientsfloating in the body's interstitium...but you would have to severely starve the host of nutrients and calories before the bacteria would even be slightly affected by the "hunger-strike".

I've found that a well balanced diet of at least 2,000-2,500 calories a day is about perfect. any less is detremental to the body.

Anabolism is not a disadvantage to the lyme patient. In fact, Testosterone injections are often given not only for it's encouragement for anabolism and therefore an increase in appetite; but for stimulation of immunity and other favorable changes.

Regular exercise is also beneficial in almost every respect.

Posts: 269 | From Valencia, CA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I asked for testosterone supplementation.

My LLMD said that my testosterone was in the normal range so that I shouldnt supplement.

Doesnt help hearing that when i have a low to non existant sex drive. Even for someone approaching 30.

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeorsomething
Member # 16359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeorsomething     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, the booze is not a good idea when there's a chronic condition present. But I really do miss my Guinness :/

LymeHerx...watch hormonal supplementation as the right Lyme treatment should, in theory, restore normal HPA axis function.

Hormone replacement can make matters worse if used in the wrong candidates...

You can always try some herbals for libido...reduced libido is a Lyme symptom...plus fatigue in general will reduce libido...

--------------------
"Whatever can go wrong will go wrong."

Posts: 2062 | From CT | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amye
Member # 16052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, now you guys have me thinking. i am here to learn for my dtr who has lyme and although often irritable tired at the end of the day and headaches. i often attribute to being a mom, working full time, running the house blah blah blah.

but i have notice over the past year if i have a drink or two i feel like i have had double that amount.

hmmm...a light bulb just went off.

Posts: 26 | From verona, nj | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-

Also, for those who have systemic candida, they are already drunk on the byproducts of that fermenting in the gut, so to speak.

-

Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
did someone say.. guiness?

it wasn't until i was symptom free and off ab's that i could drink wine without feeling like i'd had a lobotomy.
jokingly you could say it's sort of a marker as to when you are getting better.

mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crabby
Member # 6804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crabby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always had a ridiculous tolerance (as in can't hardly EVER get drunk) since getting lyme and the coinfections... anyone else have that? Always best not to drink, especially when taking ABX. why bother taking the meds if you are going to counteract their assistance by preoccupying your body and liver with alcohol? That being said... I have one here and there myself, but will have no one else to blame, of course, if the healing process takes forever!
Posts: 52 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lauralyme
Member # 15021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauralyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
James
Do you have an intolerance for sugar? Just curious

I suffer evil reactions from sugar...please tell me it's not forever

--------------------
Fall down seven times, get up eight
~Japanese proverb

Posts: 1146 | From west coast | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Marschner
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13073

I have NEVER correlated sugar intake w/ any symptom.

I have never correlated eating w/ any symptom.

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
James you should consider yourself very very very lucky...
Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Marschner
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13073

One drink NEVER has felt like more than One.

It just makes me sick as a dog. I feel no drunkeness...only ill. I cant even finish one drink, so how could I possibly feel like I had several drinks?

I think people may be mistaking sickness w/ drunkeness.

If it were true...I'd still like drinking!

I'd have one or two drinks, and get wasted! That would be great! But of coarse thats not what happens. There is NO good feeling about drinking while infected w/ Bb.

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Well its not the drunkedness perse, its the hangover ill feeling.

So yes I do think we are talking about the same thing.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement