LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Ceftin/omnicef

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ceftin/omnicef
UnexpectedIlls
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15144

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UnexpectedIlls     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone been on these two meds together??

Because I cannot get my Bicillin covered and cannot afford it, I jsut got a fax saying would be put on Omnicef and Ceftin... I think it is kind of weird to be put on two meds that are the same.
[confused]

So I will be on :
Zith 250mg MWF
Plaquenil 400mg Daily
Omnicef 500mg BID
Ceftin 500mg BID
+ all the supps

Is this a usual protocol???

I was under the assumption that cephlasporins (sp?) and penn's put any infection into the CWD and Cyst form... Why use these if we know they do drive them into a cyst or CWD form? It just drives the infection deeper and makes it harder to kill.

Thank for any suggestions, input!!

--------------------
"You'll be surprised to know how far you can go from the point you thought it was the end"

Posts: 946 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UnexpectedIlls
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15144

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UnexpectedIlls     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone?

--------------------
"You'll be surprised to know how far you can go from the point you thought it was the end"

Posts: 946 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doc
Member # 14471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ya i think ther the same (not 100%) mybe a typo?
Posts: 95 | From nys | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moosejive
Member # 14545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moosejive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being put on two cephalosporins at once is rather strange. I would ask your doctor about why he/she felt that was necessary, and maybe do a little research to make sure it's not harmful to take both of those at once.

As for driving the spirochetes deeper, into the cyst or CWD (I'm not sure what that is) form... I know that many people have gotten better taking bactericidal antibiotics like the penicillins and cephalosporins, so surely they must be effective at eradicating the infection to some degree. Perhaps they work as a sort of dragnet, forcing the spirochetes to go cystic or intracellular, so cyst busters and intracellular antibiotics (like Zithromax) can then come in and clean them out, like the SWAT team.

It's pure speculation on my part, and the analogy sounds a little too much like a cheesy crime drama film for my liking, but that's just way I conceptualize it.

Posts: 20 | From Portland, Oregon | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not being a doctor, I can't really comment totally on this.

All I can say is that I was Ceftin for two months and when I was transferred to a more well known LLMD, he changed me from Ceftin and put me on Omnicef instead with other abx, but NOT Ceftin.

I was originally told that Ceftin was 2nd generation and Omnicef is 3rd generation of the same med, so I too would check to make sure this is correct.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i believe they are different classes of cephlasporins, but rather odd to be put on two at once.

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alv
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UnexpectedIlls my doctor wanted twice to put me on those also as I am allergic to penicilin.

I did not wanted to go to that group also.Weitghed and muscle tested with my other doctor as you know .WAS a BIG NO .I decide not to take it .It was too much of coincidence with marschall protokoll.My doctor also gave me VITAMIN D.I weighted to muscle test it too.

CAME up again BIG NO for my body.So I never took it either.

I wish you can use the metod when you have doubts.When I had doubts about levaquin and stoped it ( it came I was herxing and killing too much of bart and call my LLMD at night scared to death could not breath and had a spasm on my left side at my heart and knee problem) , I decided to muscle test it.

I stoped it and MY LLMD said NO LEVAQUIN for you anymore.When I was in pain thinking I was having a bed reaction.Than 4 weeks after I muscle tested it too.

Came up I needed 1000mg LEVAQUIN.So restart it and NO I had no problem at all but brought me at a higher level of functioning .So it was a HERX.IT loocked SO as SIDE EFECT!!!

I mentioned all that just to let you know that other metods always let you know to your decision as beeing in doubt is not good for you either.

Now I take all my suplements and medications and MY llmd test them when I go besides she sees which pathogens are active.

Obviously ehrlichiosis came back after 11 motnhs of treatment of DOXY and RIFAMPIN , mucoplsama and BART/LYME as we new non stop.

Go figure how they change the turns...THANK GOD I HAVE BEEN 5 months of not showing babs it looks as is gone for good.ALSO my body does not want artemissin and mepron at the same time.TOO much of the coincidence.Confirmed the finding with my other doctor as you know.

I have made a decision to not use any of these drugs that send the bugs on CWD forms.ACtually I have included HIGHER DOSAGES OF HERBS as MY BODY LIKES THEM SO BADLY!

By the way -Now I am on MINO 4 X100 mg , 40 drops banderol , 15 HH Capsules , 600mg Rifapmin , 600mg azithromax ,nystatin ,6 andrographis and pulsing flagyl.

I recall last year I was bedriden and could not walk on 400mg doxy at all ...was so tough for me to handle...

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement