LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I can't believe I'm this sick!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I can't believe I'm this sick!!!
Mtgirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13278

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Mtgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what has happened. I am so sick, and I haven't felt this bad since before I started treatment. Over the last week, things have gotten just plain weird.

I started taking Chantix on 7/8, and just as my cravings for cigarettes started to drop off, I started getting these horrible headaches. I also felt like I wasn't in my body. (That's the best way I can explain it.) By 7/14 (Monday) the headaches were so bad that I stopped taking the Chantix, which was still the lowest dose so I didn't need to wean myself off. The headache subsided on 7/15 (Tuesday), but I had a couple weird spells in which I started sweating profusely, shaking hard, and had strong heart palpitations. Wednesday, Thursday and today have been really horrible. It is like every nerve in my body is screaming, my headache is back, and now my throat is sore and beet red.

I am on a two week break from antibiotics which started on Saturday 7/13. I was taking doxy, zith, mepron and 800 mg artimisnin on M-W-F + add Flagyl on the last Thursday and Friday of my cycle. I had been doing so well. My LLMD told me that I should expect ``blue sky days'' during this break. Have you ever had anything like this happen? I'm wondering if I have a viral infection (hence the sore throat) which has aggravated my Lyme and co. I want to go to the ER but I have no faith they would help me. I've already missed 3 days of work and have slept almost all day since Tuesday. HELP!

--------------------
Mountaingirl

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 138 | From West Virginia | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MtnGirl: I'm just breaking up your post so people with vision problems can read more easily and then you'll get more responses!!

You wrote:

I don't know what has happened. I am so sick, and I haven't felt this bad since before I started treatment. Over the last week, things have gotten just plain weird.

I started taking Chantix on 7/8, and just as my cravings for cigarettes started to drop off, I started getting these horrible headaches. I also felt like I wasn't in my body. (That's the best way I can explain it.)

By 7/14 (Monday) the headaches were so bad that I stopped taking the Chantix, which was still the lowest dose so I didn't need to wean myself off.

The headache subsided on 7/15 (Tuesday), but I had a couple weird spells in which I started sweating profusely, shaking hard, and had strong heart palpitations.

Wednesday, Thursday and today have been really horrible. It is like every nerve in my body is screaming, my headache is back, and now my throat is sore and beet red.

I am on a two week break from antibiotics which started on Saturday 7/13. I was taking doxy, zith, mepron and 800 mg artimisnin on M-W-F + add Flagyl on the last Thursday and Friday of my cycle.

I had been doing so well. My LLMD told me that I should expect ``blue sky days'' during this break. Have you ever had anything like this happen?

I'm wondering if I have a viral infection (hence the sore throat) which has aggravated my Lyme and co. I want to go to the ER but I have no faith they would help me.

I've already missed 3 days of work and have slept almost all day since Tuesday. HELP!

--------------------
Mountaingirl

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:
I have been changed for good.

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My personal opinion of what is going on:

The week of being off abx is kicking in...in a bad way.

The buggers are realizing that you've pulled out your ammunition and now they're partying.

I'm confused/concerned that your LLMD said you would see "blue skies". If you were to see them, it would have happened the first week...then go downhill from there.

I'd get back on the meds and blindside those buggers HARD. You'll probably have a massive killing, hence a massive herx but at least you'll be back on track.

I'm just not understanding why the abx holiday? Were you having gut issues? What was your LLMD's reasoning?

Need just a little more info to figure out the puzzle.

Nonetheless, I'm soooooo sorry you're in such pain!!

Best,

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:
I have been changed for good.

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Babesia can come back quickly. My LLMD had me stop abx early on due to GI issues. However, he said I should immediately start back on babs meds if I had a worsening of symptoms. This was while we were waiting for C. Diff results.

I lasted three days, then started back on the babs meds.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mtgirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13278

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mtgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no reason such as GI issues or yeast for the break. Dr. J in SC often does a three week on, one or two weeks off schedule. He said because I was doing so well, I should see the "blue sky days", and two weeks off would allow my immune system to do some of the work of the abx.

The sweating spell with the heart palps and shaking was horrible. Maybe that was/is babs. But why do I have such a horrible sore throat, and neck aches in the front of my neck? Maybe lymph nodes, but nothing feels swollen.

--------------------
Mountaingirl

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 138 | From West Virginia | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am confused as to whether you have recently quit smoking and are going through nicotine withdrawal?

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mtgirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13278

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mtgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
neither. Chantix gave me horrible headaches so I quit taking it. I'm still smoking, although barely now that my throat is so sore.

--------------------
Mountaingirl

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry you are feeling so poorly.

I am going into my 5th month of mepron/biaxin combo.

As per my LLMD, I take mepron for 3 weeks on and one week off.

On my week off, by day 3 I get a stiff, aching neck,

Increased air hunger, palpatations, night sweats, etc.

Can't wait to go back on mepron.

Call your LLMD and let them know what is going on with you.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for njlymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The night sweats and heart palp's sound like
Babesia.

However, the neck pain, swollen lymph nodes, and head pain sound like Bartonella.

Our personal experience with Bart is NO PULSING -
EVER. Tried it and made me instantly worse (back
to being bedridden).

It looks like you are treating bart too.

As for the nicotene addiction...I did that too.
Quit when I was in my mid 20's, the withdrawal
from nicotene took a long time.

I hope you find relief. I would call the llmd.

--------------------
This is NOT medical advice - and should NOT be used to replace your MD's advice. Info is only the opinion of those who publish the site.

The shortest way to do many things is to do only one thing at a time.

cb

Posts: 669 | From somewherebetweentherocks | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement