LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » LOW BODY TEMP...which infection?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LOW BODY TEMP...which infection?
jocus20
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jocus20     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering if anybody else here has a chronic low body temperature?

Ever since i got sick(3 1/2 yr ago) Ive had a low body temperature. For me it fluctuates and will go as low as 95 and usually never gets over 97.5 unless i have a fever.

What Infection causes this?

Ive read that babs causes it but im notsure if other tbis can cause it to be chronically low.

I also dont have hypothyroidism so i dont think its thatbut i ould be wrong.

Thanks,

Joe

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jocus20

also check out my videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/jocus20

Posts: 248 | From PA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UnexpectedIlls
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15144

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UnexpectedIlls     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always have a low body temp.. like 97.7 sometimes lower, sometimes 98.0... if it is above 98.6 I know I have a fever.

I just took my temp for you now... its 97.1 WOW!!

--------------------
"You'll be surprised to know how far you can go from the point you thought it was the end"

Posts: 946 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe the lyme causes the low body temp.

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look for information about Wilson's Syndrome.

I suspect that this is caused by tick borne infection.

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my lowest was 94 i think. Now its 97 or 98....for years it wouldnt go above 96 and i didnt have full blown lyme.

Once i got my temps up i started feeling better.

It could be the thyroid maybe you need to try low dose of armour to see if it helps. It helped my temps. I would run it by dr F.

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jocus20
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jocus20     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys,

Ill have to look into the wilsons syndrome.

Michelle,

What did you do to get your body temp up? Mine wills oemtimes get around 97.7 but thats about the max. I might ask for some armour or synthroid but i dont want to start messing with that stuff unless im for sure that its a thyroid issue.

--------------------

Posts: 248 | From PA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy1
Member # 12754

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i recently went through this, recording my daily temps and they were always low. added iodine as a supplement and for the last week normal temps and very good days. i take 40 mg of iodine per day. google idoral. this has really helped me.
Posts: 82 | From philadelphia | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could have thyroid problems ... mine were in the low end of normal with testing ... we did more extensive testing .... low end of normal across the board.

We treated to get me into the mid-normal range and I'm doing much, much better.

Lyme lowers the thyroid levels. Temp and thyroid are closely connected ... Dr. Broda Barnes did a lot of testing and came up with a temp test for thyroid .... you might Google the Dr.'s name to read more.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeorsomething
Member # 16359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeorsomething     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joe, how are your adrenals? Some would say adrenal fatigue would do this as well.

Thyroid and adrenal status can both influence temperature...

--------------------
"Whatever can go wrong will go wrong."

Posts: 2062 | From CT | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jocus20
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11576

Thanks guys,

I really think its my adrenals and not so much the thyroid. Ive been searching and i seen to have alot of the symptoms of low adrenals or adrenal fatigue.

Im gona ask my dr to test them.

--------------------

METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Likely Lyme, given it's influence on the endocrine system and temperature regulating systems of the brain.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeorsomething
Member # 16359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeorsomething     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joe, keep in mind most regular docs don't officially recognize adrenal fatigue, but it is becoming more mainstream.

An open-minded endo will at times treat it as will a good anti-aging/hormone doc.

However, many LLMDs would advise against the use of low dose cortisol. Still, run some tests on your adrenals to see what's happening.

I had a saliva test that showed my adrenals were weak....chronic infection and stress has that effect.

--------------------

Posts: 2062 | From CT | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DoctorLuddite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13853

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DoctorLuddite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hormones feed back on themselves and each other, you can't affect one without affecting the others in some way, and thyroid hormone and adrenal hormone are made from the same Amino Acid.

Things you need to bring back the glands' abilities are the building blocks.

In the case of the thyroid, L-Tyrosine, iodine, selenium, the B-vitamins, Vitamin D. Pretty much the same for the adrenals, except for iodine, but if iodine isn't there for the thyroid, thyroid hormone won't be there to rev up the adrenals, and hence iodine is still indirectly necessary.

Posts: 442 | From Biddeford, ME | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeorsomething
Member # 16359

Dr. D-

What is your take on vitamin D? My D 25-OH has been in the insufficient range...about 25 ngs.

Do I supplement heavily? Or does Lyme feed off the extra D? I haven't been sure of this....

--------------------

DoctorLuddite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13853

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DoctorLuddite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Start low and go slow, 400 IU D3/day from fish source, double daily dose if no herxing each week to 2000IU/day max. Stop if severe reaction. wait to up dose if herxing until herxing stops.

[ 22. July 2008, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: DoctorLuddite ]

Posts: 442 | From Biddeford, ME | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summer23
Member # 16193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for summer23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i always have a low body temp.. in the 97's
Posts: 39 | From south jersey | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cass A
Member # 11134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cass A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried regulating my low temp with the Wilson Thyroid handling for about 2 years before I found out that I have Lyme. Never stabilized at normal, or even above 98 degrees.

Would love to know some successful strategies on this!

Best,

Cass A

Posts: 1245 | From Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All

Babs will cause low body temp-
Usually lower than yours tho

Most with Babs range from 96 to 92F-

Check your temp several times threw the day-
Even health peoples temp will vary threw the day
a little -

Personally my temp was usually in the 94 to 92F range --

When I did the Permiquine - Chlorquine treatment
for babs my temp went down to 89F for 35 hours -
felt like I was in a freezer-Jay-

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement