LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I'm still kind of confused here....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm still kind of confused here....
rachellemarie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16419

Icon 9 posted      Profile for rachellemarie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm newly diagnosed with Lyme (IGeneX), Bands 23-25, 31, 41, 83-93.

However, as I read through everyone else's posts, I don't have the symptoms the rest of you do! I have NO pain whatso ever except for an occasional headache if I get too fatigued. And I suffer from fatigue daily on varying degrees. Enough so that I had to stop working for the time being.

And, I have NO cognitive issues, no memory issues, my thinking and head is completely clear.

Doesn't this sound strange then that I'm being told I have Lyme??

My worry is that I'd hate to take these endless doses of antibiotics and drugs only to find out I really don't have Lyme and didn't need them!

I'd appreciate any input... [confused]

Posts: 215 | From Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, you don't have to have that kind of pain.

My daughter's primary symptom was headaches.

Fatigue is a huge Lyme symptom! Maybe without the CNS symptoms you will end up with a shorter treatment. I went years without the cognitive involvement and the pain ..... it eventually showed up! Don't wait. Band 31 is Lyme-specific.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeorsomething
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeorsomething     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My biggest symptom has been steady fatigue. I'm only occasionally afflicted with joint symptoms that are rare and disappear rapidly. Palps, floaters, and hormonal disburbance have been other symptoms.

--------------------
"Whatever can go wrong will go wrong."

Posts: 2062 | From CT | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for njlymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many on this site went years w/o the correct dx.

Years in which this infection or multiple infections were able to fester.

If you wait, you too will end up with pain and
neuro symptoms.

It is to your benefit to treat now.

The earlier the dx and tx, the better chance of
complete recovery.

Good luck.

--------------------
This is NOT medical advice - and should NOT be used to replace your MD's advice. Info is only the opinion of those who publish the site.

The shortest way to do many things is to do only one thing at a time.

cb

Posts: 669 | From somewherebetweentherocks | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rachellemarie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rachellemarie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FYI, Band 31 came out "IND", but I was told that as long as it wasn't "negative", there was something there...
Posts: 215 | From Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will you post your results? You had several bands show up .... were any of them pluses?

If you're sick enough that you had to stop working, you're pretty ill. [Smile] I'd be pursuing this avenue because if it is Lyme, it will only get worse.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not on treatment yet, but as someone who believes I have this, I say don't let it go.

This has NOT gotten better. I've wished it away every day, but the disease doesn't listen to my wants. [Frown]

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm newly diagnosed with Lyme (IGeneX), Bands 23-25, 31, 41, 83-93.

However, as I read through everyone else's posts, I don't have the symptoms the rest of you do! I have NO pain whatso ever except for an occasional headache if I get too fatigued. And I suffer from fatigue daily on varying degrees. Enough so that I had to stop working for the time being.

And, I have NO cognitive issues, no memory issues, my thinking and head is completely clear.

Doesn't this sound strange then that I'm being told I have Lyme??

My worry is that I'd hate to take these endless doses of antibiotics and drugs only to find out I really don't have Lyme and didn't need them!

Hi. I'm from your neck of the woods.

You tested positive on a lot of bands. What caused you to seek medical attention in the first place? I'm only asking, because a doctor normally doesn't test for Lyme in our state.

My daughter only tests positive on two bands, and she is in constant pain, among a plateload of other symptoms. Some have resolved, some are holding on like grim death.

I have another questions, and you can private message me about this. Are you comfortable with the doctor who diagnosed you? I believe I sent you a private message on our local board recommending the one my daughter and I go to.

From what I understand, if you are positive on band 23, that's a strong indicator of Lyme. I can't say for sure, since my daughter and I don't have that.

I just spoke to someone last night on lymechat who is from the east valley, and he was newly diagnosed after being ill for three years. He doesn't have pain. His symptoms sound a lot like yours.

Take it from the people who have been here a while. The sooner you start to treat, the better chances you have of remission.

I should talk. I'm putting off treatment because I need to be functional to take care of too many people and a puppy. But, I've been this way so long, I've just learned to adjust.

Kelmo

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rachellemarie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rachellemarie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here were my exact results, all IgM:

23-25 ++
31 IND
41 ++
83-93 +

My entire IgG was negative, and I spoke to Dr. Harris at IgeneX who said that is normal for Lyme typically...which is the opposite of what you'd expect when you have this for over a year (active).

catskillmamala
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for catskillmamala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There may be things that you don't realize are symptoms. I will give you some examples from my own experience:

1) I couldn't stand the radio playing. It was sound sensitivity.

2) I couldn't garden because I thought the garden was too far from the house--I really had fatigue.

3) I had "getting over 40" joint pain-- It was lyme.

So until you start treatment, you may not even realize what is a symptom.

Posts: 524 | From Hudson Valley, NY | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no pain either. For me, nausea has been my most constant, debilitating symptom. It is a symptoms that has definitely gotten more tolerable with treatment.

If you were sick enough to get tested for lyme AND you have a positive test result, seems worth treating to me. Re-evaluate in 3 months.

Posts: 561 | From mass | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeorsomething
Member # 16359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeorsomething     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I've read, the IGM response tends to be (or can be) positive with persistent infection as well as new infection.

As such, IGG is not the only indicator of chronic infection.

--------------------
"Whatever can go wrong will go wrong."

Posts: 2062 | From CT | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rachellemarie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16419

Totally agree with you Cat...

Now that I think about it, it's hard for me on days to stay too long at the computer. The bones in my face actually start hurting and my eyes get all weird. I then start getting a strange headache.

Yes, I have noticed in the morning I'm a little sore getting out of bed and my joints in my hands are a little sore, but again, thought that was just "getting old" and doing alot of typing in my job...(the hand soreness part, that is!)

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement