LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Off abx for several months, scalp bumps/acne now a problem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Off abx for several months, scalp bumps/acne now a problem
Ann in CA
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 97

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann in CA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After stopping all abx several months ago (with my LLMD's blessing) I am doing fine except for the scalp, which started to develop small bumps after the first 6 weeks or so, and then developed into larger, more acne like bumps. I tried a cider vinegar/hydrogen peroxide shampoo which I read about online, and it seemed to do nothing.

My LLMD let me go back on Doxy for two weeks (I had read about a study that used only 20mg...as I really did not want to go back on abx) but he said that ran the danger of developing an antibiotic resistant strain of bacteria so he said 200mg for just 2 weeks)

That worked fine, Got rid of the bumps, which were starting to show up on my face. But a week after I stopped, the bumps are coming back, just on the scalp so far. Some hurt.

I have read that a combination of teatree oil and lavender oil on the scalp can get rid of scalp infections, but I have a feeling this is lyme related...toxins perhaps? I've never had it before except once the tiny bumps, again when I went off abx. That time though, the symptoms started up within 3 weeks, so it did not have time to get really bad I suspect, as I had to go back on abx for lyme.

Any advice? My LLMD did not seem concerned about it, but it REALLY bugged me when it started to show up on my face. (not creeping down from the scalp, but just random unrelated bumps suddenly appearing) I started using an acne cream, but that just kind of made them recede, I could tell they were still lurking.

I have been on different abx for a long time. My LLMD said if we just kept plugging away, eventually we would get rid of enough for my own immune system to take over. It seems to have done that in general...but this scalp thing is new!

Thanks for any help. And if you know a good online place to buy teatree oil or lavender oil, please let me know.

Best wishes.

Ann

Posts: 287 | From Northern California, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymer
Member # 16352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ann,

I'm sorry to hear about your bumps. I really don't know anything about this. The only thing that comes to mind to me is Bartonella.

Were you ever tested for this coinfection? I've read that sometimes it can surface as bumps, rashes, and other odd skin related things.

How many months have you been off antibiotics?

How long had you been on antibiotic treatment?
When were you diagnosed and for how long have you had lyme? Any coinfections?

Lymer

Posts: 63 | From Humboldt County | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymer
Member # 16352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ann,

I'm sorry to hear about your bumps. I really don't know anything about this. The only thing that comes to mind to me is Bartonella.

Were you ever tested for this coinfection? I've read that sometimes it can surface as bumps, rashes, and other odd skin related things.

How many months have you been off antibiotics?

How long had you been on antibiotic treatment?
When were you diagnosed and for how long have you had lyme? Any coinfections?

Lymer

Posts: 63 | From Humboldt County | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
olivia_ham
Member # 9960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for olivia_ham     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
During my last LLMD appt. I mentioned these scalp bumps I've been having. There's just a few, but they won't go away.

I'm treating babesia right now and my LLMD said the scalp issue might be bartonella surfacing.

Posts: 26 | From Washington | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the same exact thing happen to me when I was done with my Lyme treatment.

It "could" be Bart but I think it's more likely the die off toxins coming out.

Are you familiar with the biotoxin gene?

http://ww.biotoxin.info

I have this gene and it makes you unable to rid your body naturally of all of killing you've done with your treatment. So you need to take choletyramine or some kind of toxin binding med to help get the toxins out.

Before I knew this fact, I went to an excellent dermatologist (Dr. Brandt...google). He gave me a special shampoo for my scalp acne (it was BLUE but it worked) and he prescribed me benzaclin and clindagel (both topicals) and they cleared up all the acne over a few months.

IF you have the biotoxin gene, taking doxy would be counter-productive because it would do more killing, thus creating more die-off, thus pushing its way out your pores instead of your stools.

Check out the site and get those prescriptions! They truly work! I'm embarrassed to say that I'm an acne victim but proud to say that you'd never it know it now by looking at my skin!

This is not permanent!

Best,

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:
I have been changed for good.

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mojo
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is very interesting.

I went off ABX in the spring and I'm now on Cowden. I have scalp bumps that I can feel and I also have acne on my chin, the tip of my nose (I know, very attractive) and in some other spots but not much. It seems like I got this immediately after going off ABX and beginning Cowden.

It's not really like teen age acne (I'm 49!) and I thought it was from the Cumanda I'm using. Some of them are painful bumps and some are little whiteheads and part of it is rash looking. I'm thinking it's Bart, too, from everything I've been reading here and in other research about bart.

I've been doing very well with my detox - in fact my foot pads barely turned color last time I used them.

Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann in CA
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 97

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann in CA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymer--Yes, I have been tested for bartonella, and LLMD seems to think that Lyme was the only thing left to work on. Bitten in 1991, officially diagnosed in 1996, first LLMD in 2000 and with current LLMD since 2003. I have been on almost every abx combo over the years except IV.

Have been off abx for about 3 months, and so far the old lyme symptoms have not come back, as they did the other times I have tried to eliminate abx. So I hope this is for real. It has been awhile since a bart test. Thanks for the suggestion.

Olivia-Ham-- Interesting that you would have something similar...I will ask about bart next appointment.

Clarissa--don't know if I have the biotoxin gene...will try to check that out. Had the vision screening with my first LLMD. Will ask Dr. S about benzclin and clindagel, but I am pretty sure he won't know about the blue shampoo...do you remember the name?

I was going to go to a dermatologist, but there are only two that take my insurance in our county, and I have not been able to find any info about them. Having been to quite a few duds before I found my LLMDs, I hesitate to go to new, untested docs. I do have cholestyramine that I never used. Perhaps I should try that.Thanks!

Mojo-- Do you have a detox plan that is helping get rid of the bumps? I want to do something...my next LLMD app't is not for a month and a half, and I am not sure he is going to come up with anything other than a bart test. So I probably need to find something now.

Thanks again!

Ann

Posts: 287 | From Northern California, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angelica
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would add marshmallow root to any herbal tea you like to drink. It is very healing to most skin problems.

You can also try taking Silica by Hylands in 6 x. It is a mineral. You let the tabs melt under your tongue.

I think activated charcoal or apple pectin is healthier to take then Cholestyramine. I wish I had never taken Cholestyramine.

If you live anywhere near Novato there is a decent dermatologist there that holds a donation only clinic once in a while. He does not know a lot about Lyme disease but he is a good doctor.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, I do not remember the name of the blue shampoo. If it persists, let me know, and I can call my derm but I think the CSm will clear it up.

When you start back up your cholestyramine regimen it will probably clear the scalp on its own (I never got that again since detoxing with CSM).

And I swear by the Benzaclin and Clindagel for topical use. It's not instant gratification but apply nightly and you'll see the results.

No picking!! (like me) [Big Grin]

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

Called my dermatologist's office and got the name of the acne shampoo.

It's called Zoma Shampoo (and it's blue).

The nurse said you do NOT need an RX but would have to call and purchase from them and they would ship it to you:

Dr. Brandt
(office in Miami)
(305)-443-6606

BEST,

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

Ann in CA
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 97

Angelica--Why would you not take cholestyramine again? My doc was not too keen on it, but when I took it a quite a few years ago, it seemed to help. I did not take as much as they said to...just one dose a day instead of three, though. I will check out the alternatives.

I am about an hour north of Novato, but I think I have enough info on one of the Santa Rosa Dermatologists to give him a try. Have never tried marshmallow tea, but love herbal tea, so will check it out. Thanks!

Clarissa--Many thanks for the shampoo info. I will give them a call Monday. What would we do without this board!

Best wishes!

Clarissa
Member # 4715

Ann:

No problem! The nurse also said you can try Selsun Blue Shampoo (sold in regular pharmacies) but she said it's not nearly as effective!!

Best,

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

Alv
Unregistered

To me I think is BARTONELLA linked.

My dauhgter had the same thing when she got a weird bump kind of rash that stayed on the back of her thigh.

Than the rash would apear in her scalp as bump and it would hurt.

Now she comes up as she has BART , muscle testing is proving also.LAb works show past infections of B QUINTATA and B HENSELAE.

I am about to see if she has more than just this 2 strains.

AS YOU KNOW , BART can not be CURED unlees you use very high dosages of many things and you are in maintanance.

Somehow DOXY will just cover it up but does not kill it.

Try HH Capsules ...with DOXY and also try BANDEROL drops to see how you react.

http://www.personalconsultcart.com/index.cfm?action=ViewDetails&ItemID=25

if you read the book you will see if you hav the same bumps.In the mean time there are methods there that you can use on your own and just in your skalp.It is worth reading and knowing.

As always KNOWLEDGE is the POWER !!!!!!In our case THE POWER OF HEALING!!!

MY ADVICE -lower dosages of anything you take will not do the job.Only higher dosages will reach the brain.

I am at 1 week 250 drops of banderol and 15 hh capsules DAILY.

Finally I am seeing steady and reached a plateau before I keep increasing ...my dosages:)

By the way , I take cholesteropue and Do sauna DAILY -so I AM DETOXING regurarly.BUt you can build toxins up very easy !!

I am amased as I continue to HERX.

THIS IS A HELL OF A BUG!!!!!!

Angelica
Unregistered

Lymebytes who posts on this forum has a good article she wrote about alternatives to cholestyramine on her website. It is worth reading.

I was warned by an alternative Asian MD that if I did cholestyramine it would take needed bile out of my body that the body needs and it would make me get cold easily. After I did 4 boxes of packets not only was I freezing all the time but the fructose in the kind I was doing put my yeast count over the edge.

Clarissa
Member # 4715

I take the cholestyramine that comes in sugar-free capsules.

The pharmacy is called Lionville Natural Pharmacy in PA.
(610) 363-7474

600mg capsule
6 capsules = 1 packet of the powder you're/were taking.

You need a doctor to call in the RX.

Best,

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

Angelica
Unregistered

If I could find lymebytes article on binders I would post it here but I cannot seem to find it.

I did find these comments on the forum here:

Lymebytes wrote

``Cholestyramine is often used for removal of neurotoxins which could be the cause of symptoms. It also absorbs everything good and bad including oil nutrients from food and supplements. If used too long, it can make you deficient in all oil souble vitamins, A, E, K and D and more which create havoc.''

Gigi wrote

``I don't have time to read the whole thread.

If you stir up, mobilize too many neurotoxins with the meds you are taking, the binding agents are not sufficient to take care of all. Lower the meds --- the body can only handle so much --- and increase the binding agents. Add some apple pectin into it - some chlorella - if your doctor believes in the cholestyramine only, he should broaden his horizon somewhat. Many people do not tolerate cholestyramine at all. We tossed ours after the first try.

But mainly - too much toxin mobilized and not enough binding agents. The toxins will just recirculate again and again and stress the body thereby even more. Not to mention what liver and gallbladder and kidney have to accomplish! We have only one of each (except the latter).

It's always good to use common sense. It has little to do with Lyme symptoms if the body is in overload with powerful abx.

Take care.

From my experience.''

AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I went after the BLO with Levaquin, for one month, all of the little bumps went away. My skin was as smooth as a baby.

It lasted about two weeks and then they came back and so did anxiety, periodic sole pain, fatigue....

I've been thinking that 1 month was not long enough and that it's BLO related. If that's the case, the Rocephin that I'm about to start should take it down, but it should come back when I stop.

Doxy & Rocephin take BLO down but don't get rid of it. Dr.B talks about it on page 23 of his guidelines. There's also a link to his video on www.lymediseaseassociation.org

Treepatrol had posted a thread about it here, a while back.

If it is toxin related, why would it go away ON Bart treating ABX & return when off them?

[confused]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had those bumps in the scalp for a long time (yrs) prior to breaking down sick with the lyme. They would always be more significant in the summer when I would sweat more.

I didn't understand all that I do today about toxins and illness, but for a long time I did believe I was allergic to my own sweat.

Finally, (like a yr after becoming sick with lyme) I began to realize these bumps started when I reached the age of needing to color my hair. I made that connection because the rash/bumps would burn really bad when I had the dye on my head.

I was already very toxic and very sick and I became frightened of the toxicity in the dyes. I switched to a more natural hair coloring agent which works just as well as the stronger commercial dyes.

I have been using this natural dye for a couple of years now. The bumps are long gone even though I sweat plenty.

I can't say for certain that the dyes were causing the problem or just aggravating it. Probably the latter, since lots of people dye their hair and do not get scalp rashes. Also, my rashes were worse in warm weather when I would sweat.

I also can't say for sure that switching dyes is the reason why I no longer have the bumps. After all, doctors have been working non-stop for 2 yrs to detox me. I can say for certain that the commercial dyes were burning my head and are full of chemicals soaking right into your head.

If you are coloring your hair, you may want to switch to a natural dye. It still has a small trace of the coloring agent required, but nothing else. It is much gentler. We just can't afford to add to our toxic load.

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

It's just so hard to say whether it's Bart or toxins. It could be a combo platter.

Sometimes my skin is bad while treating, other times it's the after math FROM treating.

I think the Bart definitely causes skin problems/acne/rashes/etc but I also think that die-off toxins causes acne so, although repeating myself, it's probably related to both.

Ideally, you kill the Bart (put it into remission) and then rid your body of the toxins. Then you're good to go, acne-wise and hopefully, otherwise.

Best,

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

Angelica
Unregistered

I finally found the artitcle lymebytes wrote on charcoal and binders;

Taken from truthaboutlymedisease.com

http://tinyurl.com/6er75d

All information contained herein should not be used as a substitute for the advice of an appropriately qualified and licensed physician or other health care provider.

The information provided here is for educational and informational purposes only. In no way should it be considered as offering medical advice. Please check with a physician if you suspect you are ill.

NO LIABILITY WILL BE ASSUMED FOR THE USE OF THESE ARTICLES. The information contained is not intended for medical advice. You should always discuss any medical treatment with your Health Care Provider

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am the owner of the website and this is my opinion and experience.

First let me say do NOT believe anyone that tells you Activated Charcoal will make you vomit. This is NOT TRUE!! This is a common misconception, they use this in hospitals in "liquid" form to first induce vomiting for patients that have overdosed and then they give them a second dose.

It is much stronger than store bought capsules, they will NOT make you sick, in fact they will knock out your nausea in an instant. They can clear brain fog and more....

I must make clear I do not believe in using "toxin binders", further in this section ("Everything you need to know about Tick Borne Diseases") you will see an article regarding the danger of toxin binders.

Chitosan, cholestyramine, can and do bind everything in the body unlike Activated Charcoal which does not bind to nutrients in foods or supplements and does not stop their absorption as do these other toxin binders previously mentioned, I would never, ever use again cholestyramine or chitosan again (it depleted my Vitamin D to critically low levels) and now after seeing what Activated Charcoal can do, well I can't say enough about this. Activated Charcoal is different.

I am not alone, I have now spoken w/others who say this can stop a herx in its tracks, I am fast becoming a believer.

First I must let you know, I am not selling anything, I am not representing any company, this testimonial is from my own experience with Activated Charcoal - the most amazing thing I have ever seen in my years of studying Lyme.

This is an OTC natural product that is used in hospitals (at much, much larger doses) and it is amazing...the first thing I noticed when I took it was it knocked out sickening nausea within 30 mintues that NOTHING was helping and cleared my thinking!!

No more disconnected feeling, no more stuttering and word searching and so much more. Intrigued? There is so much more to this, read all you can, links at the bottom. Just Read on...

I have first hand experience with this miracle natural substance purchased in capsule form online or in vitamin stores nationwide. Our LLMD recommended this for my son when he was so sick from Lyme toxin die off from 6 weeks of abx including 2 weeks of Flagyl, so sick that I was going to take him to the hospital when he began to halluciate.

I spoke w/my LLMD and he recommended Activated Charcoal, I was skeptical and very doubtful this was the answer. But thank God, I went and got it anyway because I have never witnessed anything like it in my life. Within HOURS my son was "returning" to a more normal state and within 4 days felt good. Our LLMD recommended 4 capsules up to 4 times per day, we never had to go even that high he started at 2 twice per day and worked up tot 4 twice per day and now is back down because he is doing very well to 2 twice per day.

Talk to your LLMD about doseage. It can be taken with medications but as stated below it must be taken 2 hours before and/or after any medications. For example, I take my medication at 2 pm at 4 pm I do A/C I eat dinner around 5 and at 6 I do my supplements or meds....2 hours before and 2hours after.

Another good time to take it would be at bedtime as long as it is 2 hours after any meds/proibiotics/supplements.

This can be used a detox for die of Lyme toxins, yeast, parasites and SO much more.

I couldn't possibly write here all the benefits of this, please study each link below for in depth explanation of Activated Charcoal...there is nothing like it, saving my son and husband under circumstances related to Lyme die off and medication interaction.

There are stories of people with high liver enzymes that would make a poultice and lay over their liver everyday for a week, it pulls out toxins and returns liver enzymes to normal in many cases....they use this at hospitals, this is not something new and the links will amaze you.

It can be used on bug bites to pull out toxins. I was bitten by a mosquito not to long ago, I quickly opened a capsule mixed a tiny bit of water with it and poured it onto a bandaid, I then put it on the bite, forgot about it until the next day and the bite was just gone. I can't explain it, but it worked, that is all I know.

All I am telling you here can be found at the websites below.

To summarize: If I were to post all that charcoal can do from lowering cholesterol, stopping stomach flu, to saving your liver, to saving your life and curing cancer, this post would be 10 pages long.

I have to tell you there was a story..(well their are many really)...one was about one of the first scientist who wanted to "test" activated charcoal. In the 1830's he drank a hefty dose of strychnine to prove to other scientist the amazing adsoprtion and then took AC - he was fine and never experienced any ill effects of the strychnine!! Some Md's say this should be in every medicine cabinet in America for accidental poisonings!

As quoted from one of the following sites: "Charcoal is an amazing substance. It adsorbs more poisons than any other substance known to mankind"
ALSO

Charcoal acts to purify and cleanse the body due to its amazing ability to attract poisons to itself. Charcoal has a wide range of absorption. Heavy metals, viruses, bacterial and fungal toxins, etc. are all absorbed effectively. Activated charcoal often absorbs more than its own weight of injurious materials.

AND

"If I were stranded on a desert island, and could take only one thing along to protect me from disease, infection, and injury, I would choose charcoal." (2003)
Agatha M. Thrash M.D. (Medical Examiner - State of Georgia; Co-founder Uchee Pines Inst.)

AND

Activated charcoal works by ADSORPTION, which is an Electrical Action, rather than ABsorption, which is a Mechanical Action. Activated charcoal ADSORBS MOST Organic and Inorganic Chemicals that do NOT belong in the body, but it does NOT ADSORB nutrients as some people are afraid of, at least no studies have proven such to be the case. It will adsorb any and all medications however, and, other than in the case of an overdose, activated charcoal needs to be taken 2 hours before or after any medications.

(MAKE SURE TO TAKE ACTIVATED CHARCOAL WITH PLENTY OF FIBER FOODS, BRAN, FRUITS, ETC. AND DRINK PLENTY OF WATER/FLUIDS THROUGHOUT THE DAY - ALSO ANOTHER LLMD WHO RECOMMENDS THIS (I CAME ACROSS ONLINE) HAS HIS PATIENTS TAKE 1-2 TABLESPOONS OF OLIVE OIL WITH IT)

Just a few of Activated Charcoal Cures and Uses:

Strep throat

Nausea

All GI (stomach intestinal pain, gas, bloating)

Purifies the body of viruses, heavy metals, bacterial and fungal toxins

Reverse osmosis water purification systems
Detoxification

Bloating and gas

Malodorous gas

High cholesterol
Anxiety/Panic

Poisoning / overdose - under medical supervision. If poisoning or overdose is suspected, go immediately to the emergency department of a hospital

LINKS

This is the one we have been using, make sure it reads ACTIVATED: http://www.vitacost.com/Natures-Way-Activated-Charcoal

Lots of info here, scroll down and see left hand colum for internal uses: http://www.buyactivatedcharcoal.com/home

http://www.bodyandfitness.com/Informati ... arcoal.htm

http://www.natural-holistic-health.com/ ... -charcoal/

http://www.quantumbalancing.com/activatedcharcoal.htm

http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/charcoal.html

http://amazinghealth.org/activated-charcoal.html

Fact from Fiction: http://healingtools.tripod.com/char6.html

GI cures of AC: http://www.jigsawhealth.com/products/ac ... rcoal.html

Making an A/C poultice - 2 different types on 'recipe' at top another if you scroll further down: http://www.buyactivatedcharcoal.com/poultice

AC Poultice: http://www.quantumbalancing.com/news/ch ... ultice.htm

Ann in CA
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 97

Thanks everyone! It will take me awhile to research all this advice...I appreciate all the suggestions and links.

Best wishes.

Ann

PS to luvs2ride--I don't color my hair, and this has only happened when I stop abx..hasn't been a problem before lyme. Of course that has been a long time now.

mojo
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anne: I don't color my hair either.

My detox program right now consists of:

Drinking lots of Reverse Osmosis Water
Chlorella
Burbur
MSM
Pinella
Parlsey
Infra red sauna

In the past I've done Lymph Drainage therapy and baths as well as the foot pads.

Right now due to my other symptoms I highly suspect Bart.

I hope you can sort this out.

Oh, and my scalp bumps/acne started right as I went off ABX and onto the Cowden.

Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmbfan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmbfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi ann, me too! I stopped abx in march to focus on decreasing yeast and started samento in april. i am constantly picking and scratching at my head-i'm obsessed!

my facial acne worsened as well. I haven't found an answer to either, but will investigate the suggestions here.

my son is also being treated and has similar red bumps on his head. I often find him picking away as he is watching tv.

there is comfort in knowing the two of us arent the only ones out there scratching our heads!

Posts: 368 | From freehold, nj | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement