LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » HBOT Hyperbaric oxygen therapy question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HBOT Hyperbaric oxygen therapy question
chamade
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chamade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone here done this and could they please share their experiences? Improvement, no improvement, symptom-free?

I will probably be doing this next, I like the idea that it's supposed to hit a whole bunch of other pathogens besides Borrelia.

Thanks.

--------------------
Why me? Well, why not me???

Posts: 411 | From San Francisco, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
boejr on here is a wonderful hbot tech in NJ.

shes a lymie, lyme literate, and has her own center. very inexpensive too.

juliashbot.com

good luck

derek

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After 8 years on this board and reading and reading and reading...HBOT helps, but does NOT CURE.
Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BOEJR
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOEJR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Marnie,

I agree HBOT is not a cure. And I think you will be hard pressed to find one as I have. However it does heal damage done by lyme.

Hi Chamade,

HBOT puts you in a much better place physically and emotionally. It is not toxic to the body and when used along with antibiotic therapy facilitates crossing of the abx across the BBB.

If you are considering HBOT you should rule out and treat any heavy metal toxicity and also make sure you are taking something to keep virals at bay.

Hope this helps,

Julia

--------------------
Please consult your LLMD before making any changes to your treatment regimen.

Posts: 641 | From NJ, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first thing you should do is go to the search feature and search this forum. Look especially for my moniker, boejr, and wildcondor, all of whom are advocates of hbot.

Then after researching posts made on this forum for several years, you probably will be better able to ask questions.

Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Littlesprout
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Littlesprout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did the 40 dive Fife protocol then did follow up dives ever 2 wks for about 1.5 yrs. Then the place closed down, had to stop.

It did help in the Big picture but is not a cure.
Just makes the Lyme struggle easier. Life in general is better when one can get alot of good O2
with today's air quality.

Posts: 315 | From USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timaca
Member # 6911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timaca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did the 40 dives. I certainly had a herx reaction from it....even had herx reactions to some other dives after the 40 dives.

It helped, (more energy), but it did not cure (not by a long shot). The HBOT chamber was a 2 1/2 hour drive (one way) from my home, so it just isn't feasible to continue to do it.

Looking back....I do believe it was killing off pathogens. And, if a chamber were closer, I'd consider doing 2 dives per month to keep hitting the bacteria.

If you have taken a lot of antibiotics and have not gotten well, consider getting yourself tested for HHV-6, EBV and Chlamydia Pneumonia. All these pathogens give the same symptoms as lyme.

For more info see:
www.hhv-6foundation.org
www.cpnhelp.org

Also you can do a search at lymenet for "viral testing" using my member number and info will come up.

Best,
Timaca

Posts: 2872 | From above 7,000 ft in a pine forest | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure HBOT has much of an action against babesia, because I have heard babesia is anaerobic, which means it does not require oxygen to survive. Don't quote me on that though....it is hearsay. I'm sure you could research it.

Besides, I do know of someone severely ill with babesia and lyme who tried HBOT and last I heard he was not doing much better.

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BOEJR
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOEJR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Hoosier,

I have treated several people that had tested positive for Babesia. The important thing is to target the bacteria with antibiotics prior to doing hyperbaric or at least during.

It is an anaerobic organism However, During my training I posed the question to Dr Eric Kindwall( author of Hyperbaric Medicine).

He does not advocate off label use of HBOT but he did admit that the organism would not survive at pressures below 2.4 ATA...

For the best result with HBOT you should rule out and treat high virals, heavy metals and co infections.

I hope this helps,,,

Julia

--------------------
Please consult your LLMD before making any changes to your treatment regimen.

Posts: 641 | From NJ, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chamade
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chamade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BOEJR:
Hi Hoosier,

I have treated several people that had tested positive for Babesia. The important thing is to target the bacteria with antibiotics prior to doing hyperbaric or at least during.

It is an anaerobic organism However, During my training I posed the question to Dr Eric Kindwall( author of Hyperbaric Medicine).

He does not advocate off label use of HBOT but he did admit that the organism would not survive at pressures below 2.4 ATA...

For the best result with HBOT you should rule out and treat high virals, heavy metals and co infections.

I hope this helps,,,

Julia

Just wondering, what is the connection between HBOT and viruses/metals?

I have been targeting everything with all kinds of abx for the past 1.5 year and now am continuing on minocycline/moxifloxacin/malarone and valtrex, along with many nerve protecting/immune building supplements. The neuropathic pain is still kicking my butt and in some ways worse then when it all started.

What got me interested in HBOT was an article I read about a man with Lyme and severe neuropathy who got a lot better doing HBOT sessions.

[ 28. July 2008, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: chamade ]

--------------------
Why me? Well, why not me???

Posts: 411 | From San Francisco, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement