LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » New vaccine which likely WILL work!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New vaccine which likely WILL work!!!
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oral immunization with recombinant Lactobacillus plantarum induces a protective immune response in the Lyme disease mouse model.

Del Rio B, Dattwyler RJ, Aroso M, Neves V, Meirelles L, Seegers JF, Gomes-Solecki M.
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY, USA;

Biopeptides Corp., Valhalla, NY, USA; Falco Biotherapeutics BV (previously Lactrys Biopharmaceuticals BV), Zernikedreef 9, 2331 CK Leiden, The Netherlands.

Mucosal immunization is advantageous over other routes of antigen delivery because it can induce both mucosal and systemic immune responses. Our goal was to develop a mucosal delivery vehicle based on bacteria "generally regarded as safe", such as Lactobacillus spp.

In this study, we used the Lyme disease mouse model as a proof of concept. We demonstrate that an oral vaccine based in live recombinant *Lactobacillus plantarum* protects mice from tick transmitted Borrelia burgdorferi infection.

Our method of expressing vaccine antigens in L. plantarum induces both systemic and mucosal immunity after oral administration. This platform technology can be applied to design oral vaccine delivery vehicles against several microbial pathogens.
PMID: 18632920

Meanwhile...get your levels checked for D-xylose!!! NOW.

I'll explain later.

Niek...wanna talk about PKCD, calmodulin, osteobloasts, serine not being phosphorylated, PDE1 (I suspected so)?

Those doing far infrared...if you are triggering the osteoblasts...continue to do so!!!

WOW.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Osteoblast
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

An osteoblast (from the Greek words for "bone" and "germ" or embryonic) is a mononucleate cell that is responsible for bone formation.

Osteoblasts produce osteoid, which is composed mainly of Type I collagen.

Osteoblasts are also responsible for mineralization of the osteoid matrix.

Bone is a dynamic tissue that is constantly being reshaped by osteoblasts, which build bone, and osteoclasts, which resorb bone.

----

PS - Guess who sells Lactobacillus plantarum?

http://www.elixa.com/nutrient/colonizer.htm

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angelica
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marnie what is D-xylose?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-xylose

XYLOSE

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from D-xylose)

Xylose or wood sugar is an aldopentose -- a monosaccharide containing five carbon atoms and including an aldehyde functional group. It has chemical formula C5H10O5. Xylose is found in the embryos of most edible plants.

In animal medicine, xylose is used to test for malabsorption by administering to the patient in water after fasting. If xylose is detected in blood and/or urine within the next few hours, it has been absorbed by the intestines.[1]

After Xylose has been catalytically hydrogenated, it turns into a natural sugar substitute called Xylitol. This new sugar, along with Xylose itself, is a reducing sugar.

Xylose is also the first saccharide added to the serine or threonine in the proteoglycan type O-glycosylation (and so it is the first saccharide in biosythetic pathways of most anionic polysaccharides like heparan sulphate, chondroitin sulphate,...)[2]

- Full article at link above.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angelica
Unregistered

Thank you Keebler!
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
D- xylose is a 5, not 6, carbon sugar.

MOST sugars have six carbons in a row.

I thought...for a long time...D-ribose might help. That is DELTA ribose. D ribose is needed to make our RNA.

Naaah...it is D-xylose.

This gets very technical and I'm going to have to pull a number of files to pull this altogether to try to get you all to understand.

Which I will asap. But believe me...it is very very complicated.

The links include PDE1,the rods in the WFL's eyes which enable it to hunt at NIGHT, calcitronin, serine not being phosphorylted (which balances the HPA...hypothalamus, pituitary and adrenal axis = how these communicate to each other), Bb's PKCD inhibitor...and more.

It is incredibly complex, but I "get" the connections.

I am very excited. If we can protect others from this disease and if we can use this knowledge to cure those who already HAVE the disease...this is mind-blowing. Nothing less.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnnyb
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnnyb         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dose xylose = xylitol or are they different, Marnie?

Thanks.

Posts: 1197 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamm
Unregistered

Not sure I'd trust anything from

Valhalla.Those are the folks who brought

us Lymerix and the IDSA guidelines...really--they have had an

interest in giving people chronic Lyme.

But regardless of that, I'm listening. Maybe they

decided that an effective vaccine would make them rich enough

to actually make it worth their while.

Marnie
Member # 773

Yes...D xylose looks *to become* xylitol.

"immobilization of Candida tropicalis
to

produce xylitol from D-xylose."

"D-Xylose (D-glucose) isomerase"

"An unrelated enzyme, D-xylose isomerase catalyzes (helps) the isomerization (defined below) of

glucose to fructose,

and is sometimes called "glucose isomerase"."

Isomerization is the chemical process by which a compound is transformed into any of its isomeric forms, i.e.,

***forms with the same chemical composition but with different structure or configuration***

and, hence, generally with different physical and chemical properties."

Another example:

The Omega3s and Omega6s LOOK to be identical except for one small thing...*where* a double carbon bond occurs. This changes HOW the fatty acid works.

And Bb is PFK (phosphofructokinase) dependent. It looks to be LOWERING/using that enzyme.

I applaud the scientists who figured out which bacteria to use to tack onto Bb's proteins in order to trigger the RIGHT response from us.

It is amazing. Truly amazing.

"D-Xylose acted as a competitive *inhibitor of hexokinase PI and glucokinase*."

If D-xylose is "off"...hexokinase PI and glucokinase happen.

Keep reading and learning, please try.

"Hexokinase isoenzyme 1, a cytosolic protein that catalyzes (helps) phosphorylation (adding phosphate )of glucose during glucose metabolism."

"Glucokinase is an enzyme that facilitates phosphorylation (adding phosphate) of glucose to glucose-6-phosphate. "

Glucokinase (GK) is (another) hexokinase isozyme.

BUT (!)

If D-xylose is "absent"...inhibition of hexokinase P1 and glucokinase is OFF.

They picked a bacteria,Lactobacillus plantarum, that:

"The xylT gene was functionally expressed in Lactobacillus plantarum 80, a strain which

***lacks proton motive force-linked D-xylose transport activity." ***

Lactobacillus plantarum

"The use of the malate gradient to drive malate transport (facilitated diffusion) explains how L. plantarum

derives energy from malolactic *fermentation*,

a process which does not involve substrate-level phosphorylation.

XylP (gene) was

unable to catalyze transport of D-xylose."

Furthermore...that bacteria, Lactobacillus plantarum, ALSO...

"Conjugated alpha-linolenic acid (CALA) was produced by incubation of alpha-linolenic acid with the washed cells of Lactobacillus plantarum"

Bb looks to use ALA...but when it is congugated (joined)...it is good for us, not for Bb.

So...if I understand this correctly,Lactobacillus plantarum would signal our immune system to recognize a pathogen that did NOT use D-xylose.

Bb has a PKC *inhibitor* which looks to be PKCD...protein kinase C, delta.

"PKCd (protein kinase Cd) is a serine/threonine kinase that plays a key role in

growth regulation

and tissue remodelling."

Kinases ADD phosphates. Bb is preventing (inhibiting) the addition of phosphates onto serine/threonine in the first cells (and subsequent) that incounter Bb. It looks to be using phosphate instead to metabolize glucose-> fructose.

When PKCD is inhibited, the cell signal to die is off. That cell now continues to use glucose.

But Lactobacillus plantarum does not need D-xylose...a 5 carbon sugar.

Now...our CD3 T cells...gamma-delta happen first and then the alpha-beta. These are supposed to send signals the CD4 T cells. But I bet you see which ones are damaged first, right? The gamma-delta signals are thrown off because Bb has a PKCdelta inhibitor.

So the gamma-delta T cells might be indicating...hey, there is enough glucose in here to activate "us", but in reality that glucose -> fructose is being used by Bb...depleting the CD3 gamma-delta T cells of the energy they need to send the right signals.

So...by using Lactobacillus plantarum as a "carrier"...we are signalling the defense cells that glucose is NOT needed by this bacteria, so it IS okay to "allow" entry of glucose into the CD3 gamma-delta T cells which then maybe "strong enough" to signal the RIGHT response to the next "kids"...alpha-beta T cells and ultimately CD4 T cells...which ARE capable of destroying Bb.

All of our cells need an ongoing supply of glucose. We use glucose and oxygen to make energy.

Bb throws off the cell signals. This leads to a wrong response from us, but one that benefits Bb.

"However, gamma-delta T cells are not MHC restricted and seem to be able to recognise *whole proteins* rather than requiring peptides to be presented by MHC molecules on antigen presenting cells.

Important:
"Some recognize MHC class IB molecules though. Human Vgamma9/Vdelta2 T cells, which constitute the major gamma delta T cell population in peripheral blood, are unique in that they specifically and rapidly respond to a small non-peptidic microbial metabolite, HMB-PP, an isopentenyl pyrophosphate precursor."

Pyrophosphate PPi...Delta...

" Expansion of HMBPP-activated Vgamma2Vdelta2T cells"

To ACTIVATE the gamma-delta T cells we need to add 2 phosphate groups...which is what happens during glycolysis.

Problem is...Bb is using OUR supply of phosphate groups to supply ITSELF with fructose.

"Magnesium for Autoimmune" = Mg pyrophosphate and sub(lingual) B6 to cure RA, ulcerative colitis, and invasive cancer...

Fosamax is a nice try...wrong mineral.

Pyrophosphate is also called bisphosphate. Once again...are they trying to confuse us?

By using Lactobacillus plantarum I think this ultimately works to support our CD3 gamma-delta T cells which will send the right signals to the alpha-beta T cell and ultimately the CD 4T cells...which IS the response we need!

The CD4 T cells -> B cells to make the RIGHT antibody.

See a picture here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T_helper_cell

Ancora Imparo!!! (I am still learning! I hope you are too. It is very healthy to exercise...stretch our minds.)

adamm
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what implications does this have for the treatment

of the currently infected? I'm assuming

the naive mice in the study were immunocompetent, unlike

us...

johnnyb
Member # 7645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnnyb         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True, what of those (all of us) who are already infected?
Is this planned vaccine only of a protective nature, or possibly a cure to let our immune system knock out an existing infection. It appears to be the latter, I hope, but its hard to tell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactobacillus_plantarum

Testing d-xylose.... is this a test the mainstream labs will know how to do? Are our LLMDs aware of the test, or do we need to educate them?

Thanks.

Posts: 1197 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't trust New York Medical of Vahalla of doing "anything" to help patients with Lyme Disease. Sure there are some people who keep on the down low there helping people, but anyone familiar with the politics knows that these are the same people who are responsible for you being Chronically Ill and having your insurance declining coverage, as well as inspiring physicians to "not" treat you long term.

They're the same people responsible for the vaccine that "caused" people to get ill, and now they're coming around for a second try?

These people are not your friends. This vaccine is the "conflict of interest" that we've all been shouting about.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mookiewill
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mookiewill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a probiotic in my refrigerator that contains
Lactobacillus Plantarum.

What does this mean?
Ooops! This is the one I've NOT been taking most of the time. [bonk]

I took 4 today.

Posts: 111 | From Mid Michigan | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mookiewill
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mookiewill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been thinking.
Wiki said that Lactobacillus Plantarum was a bacteria found in foods such as pickles, sauerkraut and cheeses. Kimchee is pickled cabbage.

Some on the these boards praise the good ole home remidies such as Apple Cider Vinegar.
When my Mom would make her own pickles she always used Apple Cider Vinegar.

Is there something in Apple Cider Vinegar that plays the role of the seed for Lactobacillus Plantarum to grow?

Posts: 111 | From Mid Michigan | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamm
Unregistered

Up for the thoughts of others.
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, and no again - re any vaccine for a disease that is so many diseases in one.

I will keep the Bionic 880 - that is our prevention for not only Lyme, but many other infectious diseases and a lot more besides that.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A vaccine is comprised of many dead pathogens. I'm curious what the long term consequences on our DNA would be affected by those pathogens. I'm say that because of Dr. Alan MacDonalds finding lyme in alzheimer patients brains and then finding the human and lyme DNA had merged inside the cell.

After all this time here, do you really want to trust science when so much profit is to be made at our expense. Oh, remember the last lyme vaccine, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mookiewill
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14743

Lactobacillus Plantarum can be found in several Probiotic blends. Udo's Super 8 Probiotic is one example. Greens Today's Red has it also.
Some long term HIV surviors claim it is a key part of their herbal protocal.

What does everybody think?

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marnie:
Dattwyler RJ,

PASS...no thanks.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From my understanding, it's not an "actual" vaccine with dead pathogens... it's just a study of what Lactobacillus plantarum can do to "induce a protective immune response in the Lyme" model.

May be worthwhile to take it. It doesn't seem to be harmful. It's in probiotics.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

More...

http://www.phototour.minneapolis.mn.us/candida/lp299v.html

Lactobacillus plantarum 299v (Lp299v)

General information

Lactobacillus plantarum 299v, aka "Lp299v", was identified in a study done at Lund University on the taxonomy of lactobacilli in the GI tract.

The authors of that study then published a novel experiment that identified implantable strains of lactobacilli. Instead of testing in a lab, they tested 19 strains in vivo.

Subjects ingested a variety of strains, and later biopsies of their intestinal mucosa were examined to determine which had successfully implanted1.

Five of the strains persisted at least one day after administration, with Lp299v being the most dominant.
Lp299v (also known as DSM 9843), along with Lactobacillus rhamnosus 271 (DSM 6594), were patented in the USA in 1995 by the Swedish firm Probi AB (Patent number 5,474,932).

The inventors were Stig Bengmark, Siv Ahrn�, G�ran Molin, and Bengt Jeppson, all of Sweden (most work for Probi AB).

This company owns the rights to the strain, which they sell in a fresh juice product throughout Europe called "ProViva".

Numerous studies have been conducted on the health benefits of Lp299v; in many it was administered in the form of ProViva.

mookiewill
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14743

Metagenics makes LactoFlamX.
Formula: 18 billion CFU per capsule L. plantarum 299V.
Don't find the word "live" in their literature. Does anybody know if Metagenics is a good comapny?

LactoFlamX is a high potency, strain-identified probiotic formula designed to support the integrity and function of the intestinal lining and relieve intestinal distress.*

* Supports healthy intestinal mucosal barrier integrity and function.*
* Addresses lower bowel distress such as occasional cramping.*
* Preliminary research suggests that Lactobacillus plantarum 299v--the active ingredient in LactoFlamX--may beneficially influence levels of IL-6 and IL-10, important cytokines that may affect intestinal function and comfort.*
* Promotes healthy intestinal microbial balance and supports a healthy immune response.*

janis1023
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janis1023     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How a vaccine possibly create immunity to Lyme when we can actually have Lyme yet get reinfected?

In other words, it is my understanding that we can get reinfected. Why can't we develope resistance to it?

Why can we get bit and reinfected if there is immunity after contagion, which is the idea of a vacine?

Does not compute.

Jan

--------------------
3 Strains Mycoplasma and Chlymedia 2001.
After treatment fine for all 2004.
Major symptoms since 2005.
Diag Aug 2008 Lyme.
400 mg/d doxy
500 2/d Ceftin

Posts: 164 | From Texas | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mookiewill
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14743

Lactobacillus plantarum (or L. plantarum) is one kind of beneficial bacteria that is commonly found in Korean kimchi, sauerkraut, cultured vegetables and even human saliva!

L. plantarum can live in your gut and keep pathogenic disease-causing microorganisms from flourishing.

And similar to the way icing sticks to a cake, L. plantarum creates a healthy barrier in your colon to keep dangerous bacteria from penetrating the lining of your intestines and entering your blood stream.

mookiewill
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14743

A mannose-specific adherence mechanism in Lactobacillus plantarum conferring binding to the human colonic cell line HT-29

I Adlerberth, S Ahrne, ML Johansson, G Molin, LA Hanson and AE Wold
Department of Clinical Immunology, Goteborg University, Sweden.

Two Lactobacillus plantarum strains of human intestinal origin, strains 299 (= DSM 6595) and 299v (= DSM 9843), have proved to be efficient colonizers of the human intestine under experimental conditions. These strains and 17 other L. plantarum strains were tested for the ability to adhere to cells of the human colonic cell line HT-29.L.plantarum 299 and 299v and nine other L. plantarum strains, including all six strains that belong to the same genetic subgroup as L. plantarum 299 and 299v, adhered to HT-29 cells in a manner that could be inhibited by methyl- alpha-D-mannoside. The ability to adhere to HT-29 cells correlated with an ability to agglutinate cells of Saccharomyces cerevisiae and erythrocytes in a mannose-sensitive manner and with adherence to D- mannose-coated agarose beads. L. plantarum 299 and 299v adhered to freshly isolated human colonic and ileal enterocytes, but the binding was not significantly inhibited by methyl-alpha-D-mannoside. Periodate treatment of HT-29 cells abolished mannose-sensitive adherence, confirming that the cell-bound receptor was of carbohydrate nature. Proteinase K treatment of the bacteria also abolished adherence, indicating that the binding involved protein structures on the bacterial cell surface. Thus, a mannose-specific adhesin has been identified in L. plantarum; this adhesin could be involved in the ability to colonize the intestine.

mookiewill
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14743

Lactobacillus plantarum Reduces Infection of Pancreatic Necrosis in Experimental Acute Pancreatitis

Gerardo Mangiantea, Gianluca Coluccia, Pietro Caneparib, Claudio Bassia, Nicola Nicolia, Andrea Casarila, Peter Marinelloa, Caterina Signorettob, Stig Bengmarkc

Departments of
aSurgery and
bMicrobiology, University of Verona, Italy;
cLund University/Ideon Research Park, Lund, Sweden

* Acute pancreatitis
* Experimental pancreatitis
* Lactobacillus plantarum

Abstract

Background: Infection is the commonest cause of death in acute pancreatitis. Early reduction of commensal flora (particularly Lactobacillus species) and, at the same time, overgrowth of Enterobacteriaceae, especially Escherichia coli, have recently been described during acute pancreatitis. Lactobacillus plantarum has been shown to be effective in reducing the egress of endotoxin and microbial translocation in several experimental models such as chemically induced hepatitis and ulcerative colitis. Aim: The aim of the study was to determine whether L. plantarum 299v (Lp 299v) is capable of effectively reducing microbial translocation in experimental pancreatitis. Methods: Acute pancreatitis was induced by isolation and ligation of the biliopancreatic duct in Lewis rats weighing 250-350 g. The animals were divided into 3 groups: group A, sham operation; group B, induction of pancreatitis and no further treatment, and group C, induction of pancreatitis + daily administration by gavage of a 5-ml/day suspension of Lp 299v at 0.5-1.0 � 109 bacteria/ml for 8 days, 4 days before and 4 days after induction of pancreatitis. All animals were sacrificed after 96 h. Histological studies and microbiological analyses were performed. Results: At sacrifice, 40/55 animals showed signs of severe pancreatitis. Since acute pancreatitis was the specific disease investigated, only these animals were subjected to further study. In group B, we found pathogenic micro-organisms in the mesenteric lymph nodes in 14/20 animals and in the pancreatic tissue in 10/20. The bacterial flora consisted predominantly of E. coli, Enterococcus faecalis, Pseudomonas and Proteus species. In contrast, when the animals were kept under an 'umbrella' of Lp 299v, growth of E. faecalis or E. coli were detected only in 4/20 mesenteric lymph node cultures and in 3/20 pancreatic tissue cultures. Conclusions:Lp 299v is effective in reducing microbial translocation in experimental pancreatitis. Treatment with probiotic bacteria seems to be a promising alternative to antibiotic therapy.

Copyright � 2001 S. Karger AG, Basel

Marnie
Member # 773

Most vaccines use altered or dead forms of the actual pathogen.

But instead, this vaccine uses a common "probiotic" sort of **attached to Bb's proteins** which then helps our immune cells to mount the RIGHT response.

This is BOOSTING our immune system cells.

Now persons (hopefully like the mice) can make the RIGHT antibodies to provide defense.

I understand the dilemma. I am not USUALLY pro-vaccine (flu), but in this case, I sure as heck wish that vaccine was available years ago and my sister had it before she contracted lyme in an endemic area.

adamm
Unregistered

Yes, and I actually am excited about this--however, numerous questions are

nevertheless begged: can we really trust these guys, given

that they're the ones responsible for our present suffering?

Could it be that they are actually on the up and up in this

instance, doing

this because they want to extricate

themselves from this mess before the $#!+ really hits the fan,

awareness-wise, and they all go to prison for life? Was Lymerix

also "proven" effective in mice?

I'd like to hear about the experiences of folks who've used

probiotics rich in this particular organism, BTW. Anyone?

sparkle7
Member # 10397

I just looked in the fridge at the one I use & it has Lactobacillus plantarum...

I've been taking it all along. I'm not sure if it's a cure, yet...LOL

I also read the this Lactobacillus plantarum can stand up to abx. The abx don't seem to wipe it out so it's probably a good choice for people to take it.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement