LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Sore Soles in A.M.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sore Soles in A.M.
hokie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hokie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone here have sore feet in the morning when they get out of bed?

Is it Lyme or bart?

Is there any way to tell which one it is?

Posts: 129 | From Virginia | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kitkat32
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9682

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitkat32     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess you never really know for sure which disease is causing the specific symptom.

However, sore soles in the a.m. is a classic symptom of Bartonella.

kit

Posts: 655 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sore soles in am is known to be a Bart Sx.

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then again, I guess if you're known to sleepwalk, it could indicate that you should hide all the stiletto heels in the house before bedtime. [Wink]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickbattler
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have only heard that it is a bart symptom.

tickbattler

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunshinyday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunshinyday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only other thing I have heard is that it could mean your PH is acidic.

Gail

--------------------
Gail

Posts: 234 | From Sterling, Ma | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hokie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hokie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks to all. Will check into Ph. Will hide stilletos.
Posts: 129 | From Virginia | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahahahahahaah hide stilletos!
Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
teresambear
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for teresambear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Curious, Can you have sore soles on and off throughout the day due to Bart instead of just am ?
Posts: 115 | From warwick, new york | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

You might also want to be evaluated for PLANTAR FACIITIS (fas she eye tis)

-

RESTING/SLEEPING SPLINTS

I found wearing a night splint to be the best help for PLANTAR FACIITIS . The photo in this article shows a huge one that can hamper sleep.

A smaller, custom-made model worked better for me. It has to be somewhat walkable or have a quick exit strap, though, for fast runs to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

-
http://www.aafp.org/afp/20010201/467.html

TREATMENT OF PLANTAR FACIITIS
(by DoctorsYoung, Rutherford, Neidfeldt in ``American Family Physician'' 2/2/01)

FIGURE 8. PHOTO An example of a commercially produced night splint.

PHOTOS of exercises, too.
Excerpts:

Over-the-counter arch supports may be useful in patients with acute plantar fasciitis and mild pes planus. The support provided by over-the-counter arch supports is highly variable and depends on the material used to make the support.

. . .

For patients with plantar fasciitis, the most common prescription is for semi-rigid, three-quarters to full-length orthotics with longitudinal arch support.

. . .

Shoes . . .

Motion control shoes usually have the following characteristics: a straight last, board or combination lasted construction, an external heel counter, a wider flare and extra medial support.5 A change in shoes was cited by 14 percent of patients with plantar fasciitis as the treatment that worked best for them.3

- full artilke at Link

================================

http://www.aafp.org/afp/20010201/477ph.html

Patient info. page

================

http://www.footsmart.com/P-Plantar-FXT-30055.aspx

SOFT SPLINT

Plantar FXT--don't lose sleep over plantar fasciitis pain!
Thermoskin keeps skin warm, helping to stretch out the plantar fascia

Speed up the healing process of plantar fasciitis with this soft, low-profile, slim fitting bootie from Swede-O. Wear this soft bootie when resting or overnight to stretch the plantar fascia.

The flexible Plantar FXT even allows you to take a few steps if needed.

$40.00

you might want to wear a light cotton sock underneath so your feet can ``breathe'' a bit.

They also have other models at the bottom of the page. check with your doctor to be sure you're getting what you need.

-

http://www.footsolutions.com/orthotics_mainpage.htm

Orthotics, Inserts and Arch Supports

VIEW VIDEO:

30 Second Orthotic Overview

5 Minute Orthotic Overview

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement