LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Deleted my thread re Bionic Treatment Experience

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Deleted my thread re Bionic Treatment Experience
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As you will note, I eliminated the thread on our experience with the Bionic 880 in Germany.

I am sorry that I had to do this to protect myself.

I am communicating on the subject with sincere people, but privately - not over the world wide web.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
northstar
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for northstar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although you started the thread, your choice could have been to delete only your posts.

This is the third time information and research about your machine has been deleted.

Instead, you have chosen to delete good references, including your own, and others works. These are links that others have taken great effort and time to find, and post. And info you have taken time to provide.

I sincerely doubt anyone would ever take the time and effort to provide any scientific/evidentiary response, pro, con, or whatever, in any future postings of yours since these postings arbitrarily and capricioiusly disappear at the whim of the initial poster.

It was your choice. Choices have consequences. However, to take it totally offline does not serve anyone. It restricts access to that which you wanted to share. No one learns in this situation.

There are alternatives, but I will not list them.

Shame on you for destroying the hard work of others.

This will be your legacy.

Northstar

Posts: 1331 | From hither and yonder | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee... I never got around to reading it.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Too bad.

And now so much of importance is lost which makes it harder for those genuinely searching for what has helped others, literally, save a life.

I am appauled and disappointed at some of the negative replies and assaults on this information and I am very sad to see it destroyed.

To stop the discussion helps no one except the bullies, but I can see how the stress was over the top and I may have done the same thing.

So, GiGi, thanks for what you have shared. Good luck to you and your husband.

-

[ 05. August 2008, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiGi, sorry you had to do this but I understand your decision. Take care

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Member # 25

Icon 5 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....I really didn't think even the negativity was all that bad...I know GiGi's seen much worse...remember ICHT, the Marshall nonsense, the bleachies, and good ole mary kurus??

most of this thread was informative...agree or not, but you can't have a gazillion posts in a thread without some controversy.

I guess the negative nellies and naysayers are right...no disagreement allowed. And I never even showed up and made wordplay out of any of it....

Hope somebody archived the whole thing...

Charlie [Razz]

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
herxuk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for herxuk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could this now mean, that attackers will beat down and hammer mercilessly the LT wrk's thread. A Infrared device, costing a mere 162 POUND"S ( English ).
That I have ordered for supportive Treatment.

Would we then be accused of lengthly thread's, so users could not then relate there experiences with it. ??

Some of these devices may offer in the very least, a method to push foreword the process of eradicating this disease, building up the immune system, is just one.

If the LT wrk's are the next target, and have to be censored, I think it will be time for me to leave the forum.
As I don't want other's to dictate to me that I should go on threads of other protocols, that I don't wish to try at this moment of time.

I hope the Treatment moves forward for you for your hubby, and you continue to see improvement, even the smallest are a bonus.

My spouse has the same concern to my improvement, as you have to your hubby.

Best Wishes to both of you.

Herx UK.

Posts: 153 | From England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiGi, Perfectly understand why you deleted it. It was time, the trend was taking it down to where the posts were just going to get nastier. And it just isn't worth it.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawnee
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think I got around to reading it yet. I'm so sorry you deleted it...and that you felt you needed to. When I was feeling up to it I really wanted to find out how to go about finding a Bionic 880 to use.

Please understand that people will ALWAYS disagree on things. You don't have to let other's opinions force your hand.

Dawnee

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoneDove
Member # 16516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LoneDove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Strange. Alot of really good info for alot of people trying to feel better.

Anybody have it archived? Please let me know.

Posts: 78 | From SW | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
northstar
Member # 7911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for northstar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is still plenty of information,discussions, and yes, balanced and sometimes heated, debates, on lymenet.

Thanks to Sparkle and others, there is much info still available about this therapy, and includes broader perspectives. Discussion does not appear to have the same flavor as the threads Gigi deleted, i.e. it is more research oriented, without having to do Darshan.

These threads presumably could be brought up if someone had more research to share, or experiences or questions to ask.

So, as of today,

if you do individual and separate searches in Medical for

biophotons

(or biophoton)

Lightworks

you will find much information
=====================

Northstar

Posts: 1331 | From hither and yonder | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
herxuk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for herxuk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank You Northstar.

Your words are music to my ears. [Big Grin]

Posts: 153 | From England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Looking
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Looking     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is from the Lymenet Rules that all users agree to follow when they become Lymenet members:

"Any conduct by a user that in LymeNet's discretion restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the LymeNet System Interactive will not be permitted."

Obviously some people turned Gigi's thread into something that was not enjoyable for her to continue so she was totally correct in removing it in line with LymeNet rules.

Good for you, Gigi, as the message you wished to convey was being obscured by all the nonsense anyway.

I am sorry such good info was contaminated by harrassment,ranting & raving and name-calling, but that unfortunately seems to be the norm around here when it comes to "certain" alternative discussions.

I'm sure the thread would still be here if some knew how to express themselves in a socially acceptable civil manner.

Anyway, thanks Gigi, it was very kind of you to share your experiences. The best to you and your husband.

[ 05. August 2008, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: Looking ]

Posts: 590 | From Canada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
northstar
Member # 7911

I am sure that many people feel better that Gigi has found peace of mind and protection by taking the discussion off line.

However, Looking, numerous posts refute the stated belief that
quote:
unfortunately seems to be the norm around here when it comes to alternative discussions.

If you do the searches that I mentioned above, you can see that disharmony is not related to the discussion of alternatives in general.

If you scroll up and down days and months of postings, you will see numerous posts about herbs and other treatments, which are alternatives, and there is no ranting and name calling (i.e. using terms such as jibberish). So perhaps there were other factors involved in these specific threads, which are not representative of all alternative threads. Since the threads are gone, it would be speculation and fabrication to continue in this vein.

Thus, your quote about alternatives is not supported by the evidence on this site. This is not to say that there has not been some heated discussions. However, not all alternative discussions are filled with this problem.

So, erroneous conclusions aside, I am sure that many people have learned things from these missing threads.

Northstar

Nobody
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nobody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I respect but do not understand your decision.
Try to stay open-minded, Gigi.
You offer good advice but don't seem to take criticism well. Have to just scroll on by if you see something you don't like instead of letting it get to you and getting all defensive.
Believe me- good advice from someone who's been through it elsewhere.

Not everyone will agree with you. You have to deal with that. But many will appreciate your contributions.

Please take this post for what it is, constructive criticism.

Posts: 111 | From Nowhere | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Looking
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Looking     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nitpicking on my words again, Northstar? Why don't you just ask me if I meant "all" alternative discussions because I never used the word "all" and of course I don't think they all disintegrate into a free for all.

I have read however way too much of this harrassment occurring in "certain" alternative threads in what looks to me like an attempt to stop any meaningful discussion. And no I don't mean the word jibberish, that is tame compared to the personal name-calling that occurred.

Why quote half my sentence -- look again and you will see the first part of the sentence was referring to Gigi's thread that has been deleted and actually I see I left out the word "certain" which I meant to put in but I will go put it in now since you obviously misunderstand me and you seem to feel free to put words in my mouth.

Sorry, you didn't get what I was saying and thus came to your own erroneous conclusions.

Take care.

Posts: 590 | From Canada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunshinyday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunshinyday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi- I very sorry that you had to take this thread offline. I for one was really interested. I understand why- I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate all the time you take to HELP us understand things.

Thank you for all you contribute.

Gail

--------------------
Gail

Posts: 234 | From Sterling, Ma | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't even get a chance to read it. I'm very disappointed. I've been collecting data on Dr. W for quite awhile now, and have long lists of data on him. The news thus far is ambivalent, and generally disappointing. However, it still has promise, as the machine itself appears to be of value.

The good news for users here is that, any thread I take part in, even if it gets deleted, I save copies of all the threads. Sorry I wasn't here for this one.

Personally, I can't see the need to be "right" here on Lymenet. I'm more interested in getting well. If people want to argue, I just ignore them if I feel it's unacceptable, and that silence then signals that I've reported the troublemakers to a moderator. If the moderator feels like doing something, great, if not -- great, it's ok either way, because I'll just ignore whatever is said.

I do hope this trend will catch on with many of you. Because seriously, this is about life, death, suffering, and surviving. It's not about my wittle ego or feelings, or my need to be right, or my humility or arrogance. It's all about solving the second most important thing in a human beings life.

HEALTH!

Do you know what the first important thing in a human beings life is?

CHARACTER.

You can lose your money, and you've lost nothing. You can lose your health, and you've lost something, but should you lose your character? You've lost everything.

So look inside yourselves. Do the words of the sick, who disagree, and cling to your words, who are desperate, angry, frustrated, feeling abandoned, and feeling threatened by a medical system and a disease which is literally crushing them -- seem personal enough to you, to affect you? Personally, a bunch of people with neuropsychiatric problems, and irritability and problems with negativity and disagreeable attitudes is nothing of concern to me. Their skepticism, their hopelessness, their pain -- all of it is important, but it's not important to me in what I'm trying to create. I'm trying to find a cure, a solution. I'm exchanging information with that intent. Anything which doesn't align with that goal is excluded, is ignored, is.....stepped over, like a steaming pile of dog ****.

Treat people and posts here for what they are. Information sources. You give, and you get --- take what you like, and leave the rest.

Those who argue are ignored, like the sound of an air conditioner running all summer long.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoneDove
Member # 16516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LoneDove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Metallic Blue

Well put!

Posts: 78 | From SW | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Looking
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13600

Metallic Blue, you always have the option of starting your own post about the Bionic 880 with the info you collected and then asking for input on it if you wish to.

Maybe it will go better for you since you don't let inappropriate posts bother you.

It would be nice to see more discussion on this machine whatever the outcome turns out to be.

UnexpectedIlls
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15144

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UnexpectedIlls     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOw Metallic, Good post!!

--------------------
"You'll be surprised to know how far you can go from the point you thought it was the end"

Posts: 946 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pamoisondelune
Member # 11846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pamoisondelune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To people who want quotes from this thread--- I took a lot of quotes from this thread; i don't think the whole thing, but pieces of it.
Should i post a partial fragmentary archive form of the thread, or what?

-----pamois.

Posts: 1226 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pa, I personally think that if you have quotes, let them die....But if you still have any of the good links that people may have posted, some may find them beneficial. Thanks. lmt
Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
northstar
Member # 7911

Looking said:
quote:
Nitpicking on my words again, Northstar? Why don't you just ask me if I meant "all" alternative discussions because I never used the word "all" and of course I don't think they all disintegrate into a free for all........ I have read however way too much of this harrassment occurring in "certain" alternative threads in what looks to me like an attempt to stop any meaningful discussion...... Sorry, you didn't get what I was saying and thus came to your own erroneous conclusions.
Thank you for revising/editing/clarifying your position on alternative discussions by adding the use of the adjective "certain", in this most recent posting

I had no idea that what you type is not what you mean. Usually I rely on what the person is saying, not what I think they could be saying or what they really meant to say; I am not fully claircognizant yet.

I certainly will consider this in reading your future posts. I got what you said with the initial posting; it was just that I was unaware that you did not write what you mean.

However, I do find it confusing that you chose to revise/ re-position your statement with a qualifying adjective, after labeling and describing my observation as an "erroneous conclusion".

If it were an erroneous conclusion, as you state, you would not have had to revise/clarify your statement; the initial statement would have stood on its own. However, I will not dwell on this confusion, as it is only a blip on the radar. I do, however, accept your apology, but it was not necessary, since the original problem was just mistatement (as evidenced by your clarification), and no offense was taken.
quote:

Sorry, you didn't get what I was saying

As far as your use of the adjective
"nitpicking", when someone questions or provides evidence of potentially misleading and unqualified declarative statements which can potentially mislead other readers into error, and also thinking this is acceptable terminology in communication skills, (this is the second time you have used that term with me), there are many who would consider this a flame.

I am dismayed you do not understand the communication issues here and had to resort to derogatory adjectives towards others', in order to express your opinion of people who question misleading postings.

Due to the insignificance of this entire conversation, though, I do not take it as a flame by you.

It is only representative of a level of communication abilities and thought processes, which is why some unqualified declarative pronouncements/statements need to be re-written/revised/clarified/edited.

Again, we don't want other readers, especially those who are new to the site, to develop wrong impressions, nor do we want them to be distracted from the other helpful information available.

Again, thank you for the clarification/additional posting of what was meant to be stated, rather than what actually was stated, in the initial posting. I am glad we understand each other now, and that we can get back to work with the more important aspects of our lives.

And thank you for adding the word "certain" in the edit of your original post, so that others will not get wrong knowledge. It helps that you added the quotation marks, to make it stand out as an edit.

It is interesting that this occurred only on this string of 880, and not other 880/biophoton threads, nor any other alt threads. What was the norm 5 years ago, does not seem to apply to current trends, nor the majority of alt/adjunctive topics. So one has to be sure that one does not carry an albatross around their neck, and thus, greets each morning as a new morning.

Northstar

[ 06. August 2008, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: northstar ]

djf2005
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gigi-

sorry you felt the need to do this.

i too didnt get to fully understand the thread and gather info, etc.

its your thread though, so its your right, i totally understand not wanting to be verbally assaulted time and again.

good luck to you and your husband, i hope you stick around LN w/ your advice for some time to come.

cheers

derek

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
proudmom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for proudmom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't there a way to close the post for further answers but still keep it open for reference? I thought I came across a few like that here.

That's what I would have tried to do if my post became too argumentive and less informative.

GiGi, while I may not fully understand your treatment, I still would love to know all I can about whatever works for someone.

Can you repost the informational stuff and leave out the un-wanted and un-necessary posts? I'd much rather get info from someone who is using a treatment than rely on the sales pitch you get from some companies websites.

proudmom [hi]

Posts: 317 | From Kansas and New Jersey | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alv
Unregistered

Because seriously, this is about life, death, suffering, and surviving. It's not about my wittle ego or feelings, or my need to be right, or my humility or arrogance. It's all about solving the second most important thing in a human beings life.

HEALTH!

WOW MetallicBlue!!!!

I can not say it any better!!!!

[ 06. August 2008, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: Alv ]

Nobody
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nobody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pamoisondelune:
To people who want quotes from this thread--- I took a lot of quotes from this thread; i don't think the whole thing, but pieces of it.
Should i post a partial fragmentary archive form of the thread, or what?

-----pamois.

Pam, I restarted the thread, and I promise I won't delete it. Put whatever you think has value in there.

[hi]

Posts: 111 | From Nowhere | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoSublyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoSublyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Metallic Blue.
Posts: 345 | From East Coast | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Looking
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13600

Northstar, think what you like, but I reserve the right to decide what I think and what I mean at least at this present stage of my affliction with lyme disease.

I think it is highly unrealistic to believe that people never make a typo or an error of omission when making a post and I see even you edited your post. Isn't that strange that you didn't get it right the first time.

Actually, I had trouble following your line of thinking in your last post but you are free to think however you like.

That's all I have to say about this as I'm sure we are boring everbody to death.

Take care.

Looking

northstar
Member # 7911

Yes, I edited to thank you for adding "certain" to your original post, plus the remaining sentences.

Northstar

Peacesoul
Unregistered

It shows the mentallity of the person who made the thread. That of an unhappy child not getting her way so she came in and flipped the whole puzzle over that everyone was putting effort into.

Very mature!

aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 2 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiGi,

I'm highly disappointed that you chose to lump all of us together in a group and withold any beneficial information.

From reading your posts I did see that you had threatened to do something like this many, many times.

So, it's not a surprise.

Those people who were posting opinions contrary to yours-SO WHAT!

It's a free country here. We do have freedom of speech.

This is the way I looked at it, if you're right in your belief of what the Bionic 880 can do, those who don't agree and cause problems will just lose out.

It will be there loss.

Personally I don't think the ego stroking that you apparently need is worth any info that you have to give.

So to those that are still following this thread and has info on the Bionic 880 please start another thread.

Please, let it be someone that has the group as a whole in mind and helping us all to recover from this God awful disease.

I pray that someone doesn't dangle a carrot (cure) and then HATEFULLY snatch it away again.

Who is worse, someone who says chronic Lyme doesn't exist, or someone who knows of a treatment that can help thousands and doesn't share it.

[tsk] [cussing] [tsk]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiGi owes no one here a thing. She freely shared information with us. We are all in a potentially better place as a result of what she shared.

I for one am THANKFUL and APPRECIATIVE of what GiGi shared.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
northstar
Member # 7911

Scott, what group are you speaking of when you say "We"?

Northstar

karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karatelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can include me in on Scott's "we" as a group. I don't come on here very often because the bickering gets old but I was very much interested in GiGi's informative post and hearing about something that was actually working not only for her and her family but for others she met as well.

Sandy

Posts: 686 | From Northeast Georgia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like and appreciate the information GiGi brings to Lymenet but I have to agree with Northstar and others that it was not a good thing to remove all the really good information.

I feel the sting too whenever naysayers tear into a post of mine, but to take the information away is to hand victory over to them. They get just what they want whenever they can push your buttons and make you remove the information they think is sooooo dangerous to newbies who (they think) don't have a brain nor do newbies have the right of free choice.

Too bad.

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

METALLIC BLUE,

What a wonderful post about CHARACTER. Thank you.

-

[ 06. August 2008, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
herxuk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15873

Luvs.

There are other's going , and may have already gone, to try this treatment. It's not exclusive to Gigi.

The interest in these Treatment's are still ongoing.

Sooner or later, as we gather knowledge, and information, we will be better able to see a truer picture, as to, is this hopefully what we all HOPE for, a " CURE ". ?????

Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by northstar:
Scott, what group are you speaking of when you say "We"?

Northstar

I was curious about that too, Northstar.
Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cold Feet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cold Feet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As many of you know, the admin can (and should) play a key role in the editing and administration of topics.

IMHO, this board needs a heavy-handed admin function, for many reasons. Out of the 10-15 that I can think of, now, here are a few:

- people enjoy and learn from the banter;
- multiple perspectives, thought disagreeable, help people learn;
- the admin can control permissions, thereby disallowing the deleting of topics or entire discussions;
- policies need to be spelled out to normalize behavior, and codify rules of conduct (where are they);
- the admin can and should be the voice of reason, when things get crazy;
- etc.

Sorry for the critical response, but this is not rocket science!

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
My biofilm film: www.whyamistillsick.com
2004 Mycoplasma Pneumonia
2006 Positive after 2 years of hell
2006-08 Marshall Protocol. Killed many bug species
2009 - Beating candida, doing better
Lahey Clinic in Mass: what a racquet!

Posts: 830 | From Mass. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Looking
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13600

The Link to the Rules are at the very bottom of this page under Privacy Statement.

Here's the direct link:

http://www.lymenet.org/terms.shtml

Unfortunately some people don't respect the rules here. We are all guests after all.

LoneDove
Member # 16516

quote:
Originally posted by aklnwlf:

Who is worse, someone who says chronic Lyme doesn't exist, or someone who knows of a treatment that can help thousands and doesn't share it.

[tsk] [cussing] [tsk]

Rather good point, aklnwlf
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cold feet said: (my responses are in bold print)

people enjoy and learn from the banter;

I do not enjoy the "banter". I find it rude and bullish.

- multiple perspectives, thought disagreeable, help people learn;

Multiple perspectives should be based upon experience and/or scientific research and never has to be stated in a disagreeable tone. I do not learn from bickering and bashing. Actual experience and research though are important even when negative. It is best received when delivered in a respectful manner.

- the admin can control permissions, thereby disallowing the deleting of topics or entire discussions;

Admin does a superb job of refereeing the fights. Something they should not have to be called upon to do.

- policies need to be spelled out to normalize behavior, and codify rules of conduct (where are they);
- the admin can and should be the voice of reason, when things get crazy;
- etc.

I agree

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Looking:
This is from the Lymenet Rules that all users agree to follow when they become Lymenet members:

"Any conduct by a user that in LymeNet's discretion restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the LymeNet System Interactive will not be permitted."

Obviously some people turned Gigi's thread into something that was not enjoyable for her to continue so she was totally correct in removing it in line with LymeNet rules.

Good for you, Gigi, as the message you wished to convey was being obscured by all the nonsense anyway.

I am sorry such good info was contaminated by harrassment,ranting & raving and name-calling, but that unfortunately seems to be the norm around here when it comes to "certain" alternative discussions.

I'm sure the thread would still be here if some knew how to express themselves in a socially acceptable civil manner.

Anyway, thanks Gigi, it was very kind of you to share your experiences. The best to you and your husband.

another post:

The Link to the Rules are at the very bottom of this page under Privacy Statement.

Here's the direct link:

http://www.lymenet.org/terms.shtml

Unfortunately some people don't respect the rules here. We are all guests after all.

If you read All of "the rules" you will also find this, Looking:

"Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately."

The rules do not say to delete your threads and (IMO rudely and inconsiderately) the contributions of research posted by others when you don't like the replies being posted.

They ask that you contact the moderator to delete the objectionable material.

It would seem that your posts are designed to inflame others. Please stop. I find this type of instigation upsetting and it "inhibits" ME from "enjoying the LymeNet System Interactive".

Thank you for your consideration.

Gigi-

I'm disappointed that I didn't get a chance to read any of the information in your thread which may have proved valuable.

I'm sorry that you felt that you had no recourse but to delete the entire thread. As always, I hope that in future threads people will be able to exercise some self control and edit out statements that could be construed as inflammatory before posting.

I wish that people who disagree could try to do so in a civil manner. I can only assume that posters were being abusive, since you deleted the thread. If that was the case, I'm sorry you were subjected to that.

I hope you have success with the 880.

[group hug]
Ali

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ali:

Would you please stop attacking me like you have from day one. I don't know why you have a problem with me other than I did stick up for myself when being attacked for which you posted another thread calling me "McNasty Pants".

quote:
Ali said: It would seem that your posts are designed to inflame others. Please stop. I find this type of instigation upsetting and it "inhibits" ME from "enjoying the LymeNet System Interactive".

YOU are ruining MY enjoyment of LymeNet. All I posted here was a link to the LymeNet Rules and if you were not aware, at the time this happened the moderators could not be reached --- there was only Toby and his mailbox was full. Gigi had every right to remove her post.

As long as you are quoting the rules, please be good enough to post the ones that say you are not allowed to remove your own posts because I can't find that one anywhere.

I request that you refrain from addressing me since you can't do it without attacking me and I find this post of yours extremely inflammatory and rude.

Please leave me alone and stop trying to interfere with my ability to post. I have never called anyone names on this board as you have and I am free to state my opinion without your permission I believe.

I hope you find the road to wellness soon even though I do not appreciate your attempts at character assassination (that is how it feels to me.) [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

Just wanted to add that I have seen you post and then remove your posts so why is it you think it is permissible for you to do that and not anyone else.

I'm sorry that you feel that you are being attacked. That has not been my motivation for posting. I guess it must be perception, because I feel that you seem to repeatedly assault me.

The very first thread you posted, Cave posted a reply, then I asked a question and you deleted the entire thread and pretty much told BOTH of us off.

I asked a question and THAT was the response I received. I had never seen anyone delete a thread and re-post it with a nasty remark to shake off undesired comments.

It would seem to me that YOU would be the one trying to interfere with MY ability to post.

Your intention was to offend me and you did. I have seen you post to antagonize, instigate and offend others here quite often. There are many who could attest to that, I'm sure.

You KNOW why I used the term "McNastypants", we've been over that before. The only person who would have known that YOU had deliberately insulted me, other than Cave, would have been you had you not chosen to attack me for posting about being upset. I had EVERY RIGHT to be upset by what you did.

I merely asked one question, I was not "attacking" you. If that was your perception, it was wrong. It was your first thread, I didn't even know you. Why would I "attack" you? IMO, that's completely absurd.

I am not seeking out your posts, as you make it seem. I simply state my observations when I happen to witness you, or anyone else, being deliberately abusive. If you don't like that, stop being abusive and I'll have nothing to comment on.

Any time I've looked at the board over the last week or so, I've seen Lou's name up top. I assumed he was moderating. I would have no way of knowing that Gigi had reported anything to the moderators and they weren't there to help.

How could anyone possibly be expected to know that? I couldn't know that unless I had been discussing the thread with Gigi, which CLEARLY I was not.

If he hasn't been, that would explain a lot of the strange topics and troll-like posts I've been seeing. The trolls must have been aware of that too.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll be sure to steer clear of any questionable threads until he comes back, as I really do not like confrontation. As you may have noticed, I upsets me.

You really can't keep starting things with people and then blaming them when they respond in a manner that you don't like. That's just not very fair.

Also, I haven't "called people names". I ONCE referred to someone by a name that was not their user name, in effort to avoid causing a flame on the board. There is a difference between that and "calling people names". (I should sue for liable & defamation of character)

I may have had second thoughts about a post that I may have made in anger and chose to delete it, I think that is different than deleting a thread and all the posts of OTHERS.

My intention, in deleting a post would have been to SPARE feelings, not to HURT them. I do see a difference there.

Do you not see how people might find it hurtful to have their contributions deleted? They are not receiving compensation for their efforts to provide information. They do it from the kindness of their hearts.

I think that's like spitting in their faces, but I guess maybe that's just my perception because I would feel hurt.

I would not have responded to this, but I DID feel the need to defend myself against this character assault of yours.

I truly hope you find wellness too. Maybe Levaquin might be helpful for you. I did a 30-day course of it and I don't feel nearly as upset by THIS attack as I have any of your previous ones.

I think that might reflect some progress or maybe I am just becoming desensitized. Who knows?

Gigi-
I'm sorry that your thread is being side-tracked.

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

quote:
Ali, just to get the facts straight, my post about one particular homeopathic was hijacked off topic and the moderators agreed that was the case and removed the offending posts and I never even responded to you as your question was part of taking that entire thread off topic.

The nasty thing I said to Cave was to "Please" start a new thread and not disrupt the one I started and nothing at all was said to you.

Then another thread was posted by you complete with calling me a name (also against lymenet rules) because I objected to being harrassed.

The new thread was started as it should have been to begin with, where a group of people started bashing this Naturopath or whatever his title was until someone posted info that what was being said was untrue and bordering on slander and asked that the post be deleted and of course it was not.

This was my welcome to Lymenet when I did not understand the dynamic behind certain ones jumping on alternative posts to ridicule them for whatever reasons they had.

I hope your welcome here was nicer.

I would post links to all this nonsense but I think this has taken Gigi's post off topic enough as it is and apologies to Gigi, but I know she understands as she has had to stick up for herself numerous times and I don't blame her if she's fed up with this board.

quote:
Ali said: You really can't keep starting things with people and then blaming them when they respond in a manner that you don't like. That's just not very fair.

Very funny, as that's exactly how I see you!

It is not alright to call me names just because you are upset -- you are not the only one that gets upset.

Well this is getting ridiculous so no point on going on about it other than to say I find you the aggressor here and I will not sit here and let you distort facts without correcting them.

I wish you really were nice as you sometimes try to be, unfortunately this is not my experience with you. [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

I won't say anymore, so don't bother responding as I'm not coming back to this thread -- it's a waste of time and I have other reading I want to do.

But as you wish, if I have any other problems with you, I will report them to the moderators.

In my recollection, this is not even a remotely accurate account.

--------------------

pamoisondelune
Member # 11846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pamoisondelune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, there was a repost of some of the information from Gigi's lost thread, posted on the thread

Bionic 880 thread - promise I won't delete it Nobody

Posts: 1226 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

*******Edit to add:
(a quote of this inflammatory posting, to which I responded here, so the reason for my response will be clear. (I forgot to quote this one initially [Roll Eyes] ) )

quote:
Originally posted by Looking
Frequent Contributor
Member # 13600:

posted 08-09-2008 02:23 AM

Well, I've just been reading some posts I missed recently and I see you are going through a bad herx and you posted this:

quote:Ali said: Hopefully anyone thinking I'm a jerk will understand that I really just can't remember what I'm doing from one minute to the next right now & my thinking is very disorganized.

That explains a lot, so hope you feel better soon.

Posts: 284 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2007 | IP: Logged
[/QUOTE]***************end edit

That was very mature of you, Looking, taking a small quote of words from a post I made and twisting them to suit your needs in order to imply that you think I'm a jerk.

quote:
Originally posted by AliG:

Topic: Need some technical pharmacological help understanding CYP interactions w/ABX & Herbs

AliG
Frequent Contributor
Member # 9734

posted 08-01-2008 06:42 PM

I am beyond my wildest Herx right now and can't seem to think very well.

I'm wondering if any od what I'm going through could be due to interactions. I've tried to research, but my comprehension seems to REALLY stink right now.

I'm on the ABX Biaxin & just added IV Rocephin (clarithromycin & ceftriaxone).

I've taken Zhang's artemisiae, allicin, Circulation P.

I took AI #3 (only one the other day), I think I thought the HH was a good idea one day last week and I had taken some Copmine.

I know, I've completely lost my mind. Something that seems to make sense one day, doesn't the next.

I've been trying to read & comprehend everything in Zhang's book, but realize now that I SHOULD have done that before starting the ABX again because the herx seems to be making it impossible.

Anyway.....
I've just re-read the interactions/warnings on the Biaxin & realize that it has a whole lot of them.

I'm thinking that the actions of some of the herbs may be similar to some of the contraindicated medications, so I tried to take it further.

I found that Biaxin acts on a CYP and Artemisinin, I believe on another. The artemisinin induces it's own metabolism (?) via the CYP.

I'm thinking that it seems like many of the herbs I've tried, while on the Biaxin have sent me right back to bed and I'm jnot really sure that's a good thing.

LLMD had said that he didn't have a problem with me taking the artemisinin with the two ABX, I didn't ask about the other stuff, but perhaps I should have.

I'd really like to be taking at least the artemisinin and the Circulation P, but I'm afraid that I might counteract the ABX or end up with a major build-up of them in my system.

If anyone has any idea of what I might be doing to myself over here, I'd GREATLY appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!
[Frown]
Ali

PS- To anyone who may be waiting for a reply from me somewhere,

I'm so sorry!!!!! I've been trying & have several threads open right now that I'm working on & I think some PMs. I just can't seem to formulate my replies very well right now & I keep forgetting what I'm doing.

I'm hoping to climb back up out of this hole soon, so I can stop feeling so communicationally challenged.

I also hope to be able to stop staring stupidly into space, while I fight the urge to go back to bed or forget that I'm trying to go back to bed very soon.

Hopefully anyone thinking I'm a jerk will understand that I really just can't remember what I'm doing from one minute to the next right now & my thinking is very disorganized.

Please don't think that I love any of you any less because I just can't keep up right now. [kiss]

(Somehow, unfortunately, I think most of you can relate [Roll Eyes] )

[group hug]

Ali Posts: 3258 | From: Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006 | IP: Logged

Did you have to search for that particular phrase or did you just make note when you originally read it, in case you wanted to try to use my words against me?

I would guess from your statement that you feel you have no personal experience with neurological Lyme.

It would also seem that you have not personally experienced Herxheimer reactions and are therefore unaware that they can vary in severity and duration.

Yes, I did add IV Rocephin and some Zhang herbs at the end of last week and yes, I did apparently experience a die-off of bacteria.

You did not offer me support, you use my suffering to mock me instead. Is that proper conduct for a support forum?

[ 09. August 2008, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: AliG ]

--------------------

METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You two are being petty. Are you here to "be right" or are you here to get well? If you want to be a couple of *******s to each other, take it to PM.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Looking
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13600

You're right, Mike, this doesn't belong here, I'll delete my posts.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement