LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Treatment is fixing to start and I'm freaking out.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Treatment is fixing to start and I'm freaking out.
Nessa1815
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15697

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Nessa1815     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that I've come down this long and hard road to get to an LLMD, get a protocol, and try to get well....I'm about to have a panic attack.

I picked up the Flagyl today (they didn't get the 250mg I'm supposed to start with...so I'm going to see tomorrow if they get it in) but I got the 500mg. I had to pick up the Epipen just in case I have a reaction to the Rocephin. Then the Urso.

I just had my ultrasound of my gallbladder today just to make sure there's no stones.

I'm doing my heavy metals urine test or whatever it's called today.

I got some Neurontin and I swore it made me twitch more - not sure if it's worth it.

My doctor didn't tell me anything about diet.

I feel nauseated all of the time, mostly from pain and stress, I don't even know if I can eat.

Then the vitamins. So many pills. An IV in my arm next week.

My heart already feels weird. My EKG came out fine but I feel like my heart hurts or something. But, it could be stress, I don't know.

I'm really scared. I know it sounds dumb but am I going to kill myself trying to get better? What about my little boy? I feel like I'm putting my life in jeopardy to get better but is that selfish?

What if something happens to me? I have to see him grow up. I'm sure it's not as big of a deal as I'm making it...but I'm really scared. So many pills and then my symptoms are getting worse. Now the muscles in my wrists/forearms feel weird.

They don't feel weak, the muscles almost feel like they are churning or something. It's scaring me.

I'm not sure I can go through with this. What if the Rocephin or Flagyl gives me a heart attack or something? I used to be fearless. I lived fast and hard and now I'm a wimp.

I feel like I want to talk to my LLMD again. Everything went SO fast.

I feel kind of lost. But he does this all of the time, I guess I should just trust him?

Does anyone have any words of advice about my protocol?

I start 250mg 3x daily for 1 week.

Then I home health comes out I think it will be Thursday or Friday to start me on the Rocephin. Rocephin will be 4 days on, 3 days off. Home health will come out every week, I think.

That's how I'm starting out. Any advice about either of these drugs? Any big interactions I should know about?

Is there anything he forgot to tell me or something I didn't hear because I was so overwhelmed?

The nurse up there seems quite busy and I called yesterday she seemed kinda snippety. So, then I felt weird about calling her again.

If the 250mg don't come in tomorrow, should I get a pill cutter and cut the 500mg in half and go ahead and start? I want to start on a Thursday so that way my Rocephin treatment will land on the 2 days that hubby is off - just in case something happens.

Would you cut the pill, is it safe to do that?

Sheesh....I'm all over the place with my thoughts. UGH.

--------------------
"~*~My smile hides my bite~*~."

Posts: 506 | From N/A | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1Bitten2XShy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She is just as overwhelmed as he is.

Please call again if you have questions.

Your protocol is his standard to start. Alot of people are on the IV along with some type of cyst buster.

No, you will not kill yourself with these drugs...might feel like you wish you were dead though [Wink]

Try not to fret so much, and go with the flow. Remember, he has had years of doing this, your are new to it and of course anxious and afraid...But trust in him. It is very important to have trust in your LLMD.

If you do not have trust in him, then you need to find another LLMD whom you do trust.

Make sure you have liquid Bendaryl handy as well, just in case. I am sure you have had your test dose of Rocephen?

Remember, if you do have an allergic reaction...Bendryl first, if you cannot breathe, EPI pen, then call 911. Very few have a bad reaction to this drug...and I am SURE you will do fine.

Try to take some deep breathes, and repeat...this will all be worth it in the end when I am better and get to ring the bell!

[ 13. October 2008, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: 1Bitten2XShy ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kitkat32
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9682

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitkat32     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am in the same anxiety boat that your in.

I am freaking out over Bicillin shots plus I am having anxiety/depression as a side effect from my others meds.

I am just like you. My thoughts are all over the place and they seem to get the best of me.

I am trying to push through. We have to if we want to get better. I just come here and someone always has some encouragement for me.

I did very good on flagyl and Rocephin. I remember being very tired from the flagyl at first but then when the Rocephin kicked in I had some bright sunny days. Due to insurance I couldn't stay on it longer than four weeks.

It is a fairly common combo for one to be taking.

I always start my new meds when hubby is home too. Makes me feel more secure.

Let's try to keep our thoughts together...I know it's easier said than done. I am sure tomorrow I will be right back on this forum really upset again.

Best wishes, kit

Posts: 655 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kpa
Member # 12079

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kpa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Listen, I think your anxiety over starting all these new things means that you are NORMAL! so many new things and at a time when you feel lousy to start with!

My 2 kids did rocephin with picclines and it was
a good thing for them.

It takes a bit of time to get desensitized to all this treatment stuff, but it gets easier.

Hang in there and keep us posted.

kpa

Posts: 56 | From Virginia | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MBB3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MBB3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Nessa...

I've been following your threads for weeks, but have never responded.

I believe we're seeing the same LLMD and I too embarked on the same protocol you're about to start.

Please do NOT worry! You're in good hands...like others have said, our LLMD is VERY experienced and has done this probably hundreds if not more times.

You are NOT going to die from the treatment, just take a few precautions as outlined in the protocol just in case you're one of the rare people who cannot tolerate one or more of the meds.

I did the protocol you're on for 7 weeks...I did NOT improve, however, that does NOT mean you won't! I have probably had this infection an extremely long time and/or I might be really dealing with Bart. Or perhaps I just didn't treat the Lyme long enough. I had to stop for financial reasons.

I am now treating Bart and expect good things from it as my sx's are more in line with than Lyme, although my testing certainly supports Lyme.

Again, 'our' LLMD is a kind and dedicated doctor. I will second a few of the comments about the nurse, just don't take it personally. She means well and has a HUGE caseload, plus she always makes good on her promise to return calls etc.

I know all of this is tough. Like yourself I am dealing with excruciating nerve pain, but things will get better for us all.

Take Care, MBB3

Posts: 247 | From The Country | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement