LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » YAY- daughter's successful tx!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: YAY- daughter's successful tx!!!
catskillmamala
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for catskillmamala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those who have already read this, bear with me. This is a cross post from general and the success stories sticky.

My 5 year old daughter is probably going to come off of mepron/zith after 18 months of treatment after her next visit to her LLMD.

Yesterday, as she was keeping me company for my IV infusion she was chattering away about how much she is looking forward to turning 6 and 7 and 8 and 9 and 10 and 11 and 12 and 13, etc.

WOW. This is MUSIC to my ears. She is looking forward to life. Two years ago at this time, she wanted to die. At three years old she wished she was dead and said so every day. Her life has been saved.

Here is the list of RESOLVED symptoms:
fatigue,
headaches,
joint pain,
stabbing eye pain,
chest pain,
abdominal pain after every meal,
burning urination for every pee,
major constipation,
OCD behaviors,
bi-polar,
depression,
suicidal thoughts,
self-hatred,
anorexia,
night sweats,
unexplained fevers.

Posts: 524 | From Hudson Valley, NY | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is so great to hear. I wish her continued good health (and you as well)!
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0624sm
Member # 15591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 0624sm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How wonderful for your daughter and your whole family! A saved life. God bless all of you.

Joyce

--------------------
Dallas caregiver for husband Steve who has Bb, Cpn, Mpn, EBV, CMV, other Herpes family viruses

Posts: 51 | From Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alv
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow ..I am so happy for you and your Daughter.

I am waiting to hear that ONE day for my 8 years old son.He keep saying I hope that I will be done with LYME and company at my 4 rth grade...while he was suacidial 1 year ago.

I am so locking into it!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peedie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
..momma

I'm so happy to hear your daughter is doing so well. May you both enjoy full recovery very soon.

Blessings and Best Wishes,
Peedie

Posts: 641 | From So. CA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jkmom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14004

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jkmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so happy for her and you!
Posts: 984 | From US | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cjnelson
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cjnelson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! WHAT JOY!

--------------------
Seeking renewed health & vitality.
---------------------------------
Do not take anything I say as medical advice - I am NOT a dr!

Posts: 830 | From TN | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
Peggy

~ ~ Hope is a powerful medicine. ~ ~

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickbattler
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great job on healing your daughter! It is no snall feat considering the state of our medical community.

Thank you so much for sharing. Your post gives me hope for my children who are currently being treated. I may print this out and show it to my pediatrician. She listens to my stories about our family being treated but still does not buy into the lyme thing entirely. (We have an LLMD for the kids who is treating them.)

I hope we will be in your shoes in a year from now!

Best,

tickbattler

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LittleLymie19
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleLymie19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations, I'm very happy to hear this!

Your post gives a lot of hope to us young ones. I'm a struggling 19 year old lymie.

Thank you for sharing and giving us something to actually celebrate, that doesn't happen often enough!

Posts: 710 | From West Coast | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skimpbiz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skimpbiz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome news! Congratulations to your family!
Posts: 173 | From Lakeland, FL 33813 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catskillmamala
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for catskillmamala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all for your replies. I wrote this post because I want people to know that things really can get better.

Her progress has been absolutely amazing. And just for the record, many, many disbelieved she and I that anything was wrong. We went doctor to doctor. Her preschool teacher told me I should stage a call to a doctor saying we found the answer and then just feed her food coloring from an eye dropper. Her father told me I should just accept her blue personality.

She used to play a game with her dolls where the mommy doll took the baby doll to this doctor and that doctor trying to find out what was wrong. It broke my heart and I doubted my own sanity when everyone said she was fine.

BUT I KNEW SOMETHING WAS WRONG!!!!! TRUST YOURSELF. Someone asked me how do you recognize fatigue in a child. I say do the bakery test. Park 1 block from the bakery and offer your child a cookie if he/she walks there. If they can't do it or they can't do it without crying, they are sick.

After she started treatment, her teacher told me that she was like a different child and my husband said with tears in his eyes "I feel like I'm just getting to know my daughter".

Once I got her into treatment, I fell apart, became horribly ill and now I've been on orals 1 year and IV nine weeks. Her doc (dr. J) told me that he sees that happen alot--mommy or daddy is holding it together to help their kids, but finally admit their sick too.

Thank you lymenet posters, you have all been a tremendous resource through this difficult experience.

Posts: 524 | From Hudson Valley, NY | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement