LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I am getting creepy purple veins! Need advice...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I am getting creepy purple veins! Need advice...
Hoosiers51
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been getting this thing where I am getting visible purple veins. I don't know if I would define them as "spider" veins or not.

I did get a few spider veins when this started, out of nowhere. Then, the other ones started coming on my legs. They are a little redder than normal spider veins, but still purplish too. They are not very well-defined (they look a little "blurred" under the skin). But they are there.

It's not just like when you are cold and your capillaries look blue-ish; these don't really come and go like that.

But I am starting to get them on my calves, ankles , feet, and "love handles" now. They started on the thighs and buttocks.

They are not really really well-defined, like I said, but when I pull my skin taught (my skin has also gotten less "elastic") you can see them much better. They are very tiny.

Anyone have theories about this?

I am on Mepron, Zithromax, Plaquenil, and Amoxy.

This started before my Mepron/Zith treatment, but got dramatically worse after it. I also started beta blockers for POTS/dysautonomia around this time.

I am just not sure if they could mean Bartonella, or are more of a, "don't worry about it, sickness manifests in all sorts of ways" thing.

I have been diagnosed with Bart, but right now am supposed to just be working on the Babesia.

If you all think this is Bartonella, is there an antibiotic I should add to my mix? Maybe I could drop the Amoxy and add something different? Bactrim? Rifampin?

If this is indeed Bartonella, I just really want to treat it now. Should I?

Sorry, I have a million questions!

Thank you...

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wantabe
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wantabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same thing happened to me after starting treatment for Lyme.

Search "spider veins" to see my post and replies...
I haven't learned to link yet...

Yes, mine is Bart.

LLMD started me on iv rifampin 600 and the marks have stopped, but have not gone away.

Wishing you health
[Smile]

--------------------
Lyme+ dx Dec.07
Currently: Levaquin,Cefdinir,Plaquinil,Fluconazole
Nystatin,B12 meth, nortriptyline
Ambien,Clonazepam,many supplements
Dairy, sugar, gluten free diet
infrared sauna and exercise

Posts: 235 | From Iowa | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ANON
Member # 14992

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ANON     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I have also noticed this. I suspect it's related to Bartonella, as I never had this problem before. It seemed to worsen with treatment, so maybe it's exacerbated by herxes.

Posts: 13 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first that that came to mind is Bartonella or BLO, consider investigating. If you feel the urge and can't bare it anymore, get tested through Fry Labs, otherwise, a clinical consult with a doctor trained in co-infections and Lyme Disease complex, would be best.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamm
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bart gave me these, as well as petechiae and blood-red

stretchmark-type things

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alv
Unregistered

Hossier51.You have percribed exactly what I have.

My son has them more than I do .He has them on his buttock and his back .Me and my daughter in the thighs.

Ok by just loocking at the picture My sons DR confirmed VEFG of BART!

Still waiting from FRy for the answer of lab work for my daughter.I already have on top of this BART henselae as MY daughter too.

I beilvie that I have bart and BLO at the same time.Will see!!!

Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
adamm and Alv,

Are yours very tiny? And do they not always "web" out like spider veins?

But mine are tiny, almost like little short rods in some places.

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickalert
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickalert     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the same thing. I always thought they were due to a coagulation problem. Could this be the case? Not sure if I have Bart...probable.
Posts: 911 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am pretty sure this is hookworm aka clm (cutaneous larva migrans) Type this in to your search engine and you will find plenty of info from e-medicine.

From my personal experience, I have gotten rid of a load of worms and parasites. Hookworms, filarial worms,and thread worms,just to name a few, and am still working on it.

I really believe this is a major part of lyme disease. Hope this helps.

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alv
Unregistered

Hossier 51 !

YEs mine are exactly as you perscribe.

My last test 2 days ago showed that I have Mucoplasma and LYME as active .The rest eithere are in remision or their load is very low and my body is not stuck with them.But they might come back again as it ehrlichia and mucoplasma did all the time.We will see.Now I am on levaquin and flagyl and azithromax sure HH capsules( is meant to kill BLO also) .

But dealing with lyme and mucoplasma.Now I am covered as a SPIDERMAN with green veins all over my BODY!Not very noticeble but I never had them at least not 10years ago and my little "Worms " are red or purple very small and you have to pay attention and you will notice them....came out since my lyme became active.

That was 2006 and after and the covered my body completly!

It looks as BARTONELLA is in remission.First time since 14 months.( I know that is still there in my jaw).

My foot do not hurt like before are way BETTER!

LAST year (3 years in a row though )I could not walk and I felt like I had CONCRETE BOOTS on my feet all the time and could not breath going upstairs.

lymemommy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12495

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemommy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me at least, the little tiny veins are bart.

Other than a little batch of them on my ankle, I didn't have them until I started taking rifampin, then a few very tiny ones (about a 1/2 inch long) appeared on my thighs.

I test pos. for two strains of bart and myco, but negative for lyme.

My husband, who has bart and lyme, is loaded with stretch marks, big angry looking ones, but no teeny tiny veins like I got.

hope that helps.
kp

Posts: 394 | From tinton falls nj | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alv
Unregistered

Yes I have exactly what you have and they apeared right after I started RIFAMPIN!

Same with my son but for my daughter they started when I challenged her with HH capsules and she reacted and herxed right away.

Muscle testing again shows MUCO and BART !!

Muscle testing showed for my son also BART AND MUCO.Even though he does not have stretch marks but Covered complelty on this tiny "Worms " and stripes.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement