LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Healing music:ideas?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Healing music:ideas?
ESG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4816

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ESG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have done ABX, I am now trying Buhner exclusively, I have my Elixa (= SOTA) Lightworks thanks to all the recent chat about that, and I now feel ready to start exploring healing music/sounds.

For those who have gone down this path already, what are your favorite sources?

Thanks,
ESG

Posts: 424 | From Connecticut, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Piegirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Piegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like any music that has the Native American flute in it. I bought one of those relaxing CDs at Target and it mostly has Native American flute in it.

I use it during yoga and find it to be one of the most relaxing, peaceful, and healing sounds there is. I have seen CDs with primary this instrument in it but, I can't think of any names at the moment.

Mary

Posts: 161 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Piegirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Piegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thought of a couple more:

Crystal Singing bowls are supposed to be very healing. You can either get a crystal singing bowl and do it yourself or you can buy a CD of it.

Another thing is there are practioners that due something called Acutonics. Which are tuning forks that are tuned to different frequencies for different ways of healing.

I don't know much about this one but, I experinced it a few times from my old acupuncturist who also practiced this. I did find it very relaxing and beneficial.

Mqary

Posts: 161 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Both are threads by Marnie:

THREAD: http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=069435

Topic: The absolute MAGIC of sound

Marnie - posted 23 July, 2008 02:20 AM

Some of you will recognize this frequency:

432Hz.

This is incredible (!):

http://www.mtvdance.com/philoscience/432page.html

http://www.432hz.org/

With other posts at the thread.

==============================

and

THREAD: http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=069419#000003

Topic: Anyone heard this CD- Sequencia?

http://www.amazon.com/Sequencia/dp/B00028ATVK#moreAboutThisProduct

Very curious!

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/freeabs_all.jsp?arnumber=752981

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/222591.stm

-- With more posts at the thread.

=================
==================

the book The Mozart Effect is fascinating.

===========

Oliver Sacks' newest book, Musicophilia.

============

This Is Your Brain on Music: The Science of a Human Obsession: Daniel J. Levitin: Books.

www.amazon.com/ This-Your-Brain-Music-Obsession/dp/0525949690

===========

Jeffrey Thompson (Ph.D.?) has done a lot with healing music.

============

For fun, lively but not overwhelming over the web, I love FOLK ALLEY at www.folkalley.com

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Dr. Jeffrey Thompson & Hemi-sync.

Dr. Thompson:

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=dr+jeffrey+thompson&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Hemi-sync:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=hemi+sync&spell=1

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anything by Steven Halpern is awesome. Dr. jeffery Thompson as well.

If you go to amazon.com and pull up these artists , you'll also get recommendations for similar healing music w/reviews.

Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ESG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4816

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ESG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you all!

Something I found at amazon.com by searching for "healing music" is Jonathan Goldman, and after reading the reviews, I bought the CD Holy Harmony: Healing Code Tuning Forks and Ancient YHSVH Chant, based on electromagnetic frequencies of sound from the Bible, as discussed in a book by Dr. L. Horowitz and Dr. J. Puleo titled Healing Codes for the Biological Apocalypse.

I listened to it this afternoon, and first felt uneasy, then entranced, then sleepy, then energized, then found myself smiling. I definitely felt myself shifting to a quieter place after the first ten minutes; the smiling came after an hour. It is 72 minutes long, repeating the theme endlessly.

Goldman's company is called Spirit Music.

I have Halpern, many of his CDs that I had before I stopped wanting to listen to any sounds because sounds made me dizzier due to my Lyme. Disease.
Back then I was trying to help myself in any way I could as I enterd Lyme Disease but did not yet know it. Hopefully I have come full circle, feeling able to listen to music again and actually enjoy it!

ESG

Posts: 424 | From Connecticut, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

ESG,

I, too, have had to stop listening to music due to the dizziness and hyperacusis. And, so many add deep vibrations. Ugh.

Hey, I wonder about that new CD you got.

My neighbor's snoring bores through the walls. Ear plugs increase vertigo, so I would be interested in gentle, consistent music that would be more tone and less busy for my brain so that I can sleep through it.

Might this new one work for total sleep ?

I find Stephen Halprin's healing music too busy. Most is for me, but I keep looking.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Member # 25

Icon 6 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...I think you should listen to whatever you like that gives comfort regardless of what any 'adept' prescribes for you. We are all different. Mozart would put me to sleep, or at worst in a coma.

Charlie (listening to some old Steppenwolf at the moment)

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ESG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4816

Keebler - I know what you mean: many "relaxing" sounds drive me nuts or they have the occasional sound that is truly jarring! Yani makes me want to scream: his beat is definitely not my beat. Halpern can be too busy for me.

You might try CDs of lullabies for babies, as they are usually smooth.
Mike Rowland's The Fairy Ring was one I used to like - again, it was smooth, without jarring transitions. Must try it again.

Holy Harmony may work for sleep - it put me into deep relaxation.

ESG

Dawn in VA
Member # 9693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn in VA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Candace Pert (well-known mind-body medicine doctor) has a great CD called "Psychosomatic Wellness". I ordered mine from Soundstrue, but maybe you could get it on ebay now, not sure.

Deals with positive affirmations, some chakra stuff, some spiritual, visualizations, etc.

--------------------
(The ole disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.)

Posts: 1349 | From VA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like all kinds of music, too (Charlie). Nothing wrong with rocking out if you're in the mood! or jazz, or classical, or reggae, etc...

The thing about some "music" is that it includes binaural beats specifically for brainwave entrainment. It's special audio that has a purpose. It not always "manby pamby" stuff. (I used to call it "health food store music".)

Music with binaural beats comes in many styles or even no music - just the beats that sound like white noise.

Do a search if you're interested in this. It's really quite fascinating!

There are also guided meditations for pain & other things, subliminal recordings, & lots of amazing stuff.

I never listened to subliminal recordings, knowingly. I heard they use them in stores to stop people from shoplifting.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pammy
Member # 15695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love to listen to music, I'm surrounded by it...my husband is a musician so I even get live music in my home!

What I find more relaxing than anything though is playing piano or actually doing something creative.

Painting, even a paint by number, or coloring or anything remotely creative is so good for us.

And we don't do enough of it.

Everything we do in today's world stimulates the left side of the brain.

It's so good for the right side to be stimulated as well. Very healing.

Posts: 92 | From home | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm not into the type of treatment, but i love music.

someone sent this to me online, and hubby/i love it...has all types of music to pick from ... A JUKE BOX!! music 1950 - 1980

http://www.tropicalglen.com/ enjoy!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamm
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Words cannot even come close to describing what music's done for

me. I would without question be dead if not for it's centrality to my life, and I am

certain that it can be one of the most powerful agents of healing

we have.

You should get a hold of some Bach. His music, more

consistently than any, perhaps, is able to show me the way back

from my "dark nights of the soul," and many have

been so awed by it as to revere

him as a sort of avatar of

God. I recommend the

B minor mass, the works for solo cello and violin, and the

Goldberg Variations as good starting places.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all

I listen to ITunes Radio - its Free and
there is 100s of stations- any type music
No comericals - Its all I listen to --jay--

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a great thread!!!!!!

I love music and it definitely speaks to my soul. Anything that calms you is setting off healing chemicals in your body.

I can't wait to try some of your suggestions. Right this minute I have Julio Iglesia on youtube singing "99 miles from LA" Sooooo soothing and sexy!

Oh if I could steal Tincup's dancing figure I would.

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

The thing about Hemi-sync is that is causes you to get increased circulation in your brain. Do a search on Google for Hemi-sync & look at there brain diagrams of before & after & the other research.

Many of us have brain issues & especially scary is the link to Alzheimers via Lyme. I think using this sort of technology can help us to keep our brains functioning properly.

disturbedme
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't any music that you love/enjoy listening to healing?

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celestia
Member # 15575

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celestia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like some of Dr. Jeffrey Thompson's work and also, Halpern, 2002, and several others.

However, my all-time favorite healing, relaxing, meditative music is "Liquid Mind". You cannot help but relax to this beautiful music.

You can buy the CD's on most any site where you can buy music, but here is the link the Liquid Mind website where you can sample all the cd's.

I cannot recommend these enough and have turned many on to this music. http://www.liquidmindmusic.com/

Happy Healing!

Posts: 19 | From Mississippi | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

re: any music healing...

It different with audio that has binaural beats. It's called brainwave entrainment. There are different states of mind that can be reached by using special beats. It's not like listening to regular music.

Some meditation CDs have this brainwave entrainment encoded into the audio tracks. It helps you to meditate or to reach different states of consciousness, alertness, enhanced learning, etc.

This happens because your brain resonates at the same frequencies that the beats are being played at. You need to use headphones or use speakers on either side of the head to get the results.

Keshvara
Member # 13599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keshvara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love listening to music, but even moreso, I love making it. I'm a drummer and being with a group of fellow drummers can really raise some great healing energy. I've drummed for almot 20 years, and it's just good for what ails me. [Smile]

--------------------
Mal "Ready?"

Zoe "Always."

Posts: 36 | From Pittsburgh | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-

Keshvara,

I am so glad you enjoy your drumming.

It's funny how one thing can be so healing to one person but nearly poison to another.

Nothing will trigger seizures for me faster than drumming - of any kind - nearly within a 2 block radius - even if not very loud. If seizures are not triggered, then vertigo and nausea are the result of the vibrations and pulses.

Most lyme patients are very sensitive to sound and pressure/vibrations, so you are VERY, VERY LUCKY.

Good vibrations to you.

-

ESG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4816

When I was first ill but did not why, and when I was going to an energy healer, I was told to listen to drumming and to get something to drum upon. So I got Mickey Hart's Planet Drum and liked that, but other drumming was disturbing to me - somehow fed into my Lyme-induced anxiety.

Some classical music that touches me deeply:
Bruch's Scottish Fantasia
Dvorak's New World Symphony
Tchaikovsky Concerto Number 1
Stamitz Clarinet Concerto nos. 1 and 3
Strauss Waltzes

there is a lot more, but these are perhaps my long-time favorites.

In any case, I was originally seeking information on healing music as Sparkle is describing it, something to give my brain and cells a bit of a boost. I wanted to know what is "out there" that others have found useful.

But as others have said, any music that touches your mind and soul is good for you, either to pep you up or calm you down.

I am so glad I want to hear music again, after 10 years of needing silence in order to not get dizzy!

ESG

Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just have to share something funny: I thought the title of this thread said "HeaRing music: Ideas?"

And I was like, "oh...that's me!" because one of my stranger psychological symptoms is auditory hallucinations where I "hear" music that isn't really there.

I was disappointed you weren't going to give me tips on what I should do about this! [Smile] hahahaha......

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ESG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4816

Hoosier: you could sing or hum your inner music and market it as Healing Music from a Lymie's Inner Brain!

ESG [Wink]

Tiramisu
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tiramisu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This Reiki Healing Hands is great for helping me get to sleep.

http://www.amazon.com/Reiki-Healing-Nik-Tyndall-Anuvida/dp/B0000009CX

I can rarely tolerate much "real" music anymore. Even Enigma is a little too 'busy' for me now.

Posts: 175 | From SW PA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ESG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4816

Holy Harmony (Goldman) is currently my favorite - I think about it longingly when it is not on!

ESG

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I listen to Dr Thompsons CDs, didn't know we had that in common Sparkle. I specifically like the sound of ocean waves at night. So maybe its not all music. Music I do like has changed since I've become sick, I listen a lot to music from one of the music station on my television. Its called soundscapes and has a lot of recorder, or synthesized music scores. In the car, usually easy listening music.

I found this link it is about how water crystaline shape is effected by sound and emotion when that water is frozen and studied under a microscope -- enjoy:

http://www.life-enthusiast.com/twilight/research_emoto.htm

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement