LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » twitching?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: twitching?
Nal
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I had gotten rid of this annoying symptom, but its back. Right now its in my arms and drives me crazy. Anyone else get this? Anything help it??

Nancy

--------------------
Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% how you respond to it!

-Chuck Swindoll

Posts: 1594 | From Colorado | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a big lyme treatment done this week too. I wonder if its a toxin build up from that?? I need help! I feel awful right now.

Nancy

--------------------

-Chuck Swindoll

Posts: 1594 | From Colorado | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
discdogger
Member # 16798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for discdogger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have twitching and muscle jerking all the time. It drives me nuts too. It is mainly in my face, arms and legs.

I hope you feel better.

--------------------
We are their voice, Please spay and neuter!
Make adoption your first option!

Posts: 61 | From Alabama | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
angrob75
Member # 16942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for angrob75     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this all the time also.....i have it in my arms, legs, head and face. It makes me crazy!
I can not wait until i can get rid of that symptom and also the dizziness!
Hope your gets better soon.

Posts: 55 | From ohio | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clint31
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clint31     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this all the time, all over. It is better since I started treament but was one of the first things that led me to believe something was "off".

Now i wonder if I'll ever not have them

--------------------
DX'ed Lyme Disease: 7/7/2008
DX'ed Babesia, Epstein Barr, Liver Parasite 8/15/2013.

Posts: 739 | From Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EyeBob
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EyeBob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had pretty intense twitching all over for the past 1.5 years of treatment. It seems to be getting better now that I feel better.

Don't fret this one, it's benign.

bt

Posts: 299 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Nancy,

This seems to be one of those symptoms that just comes and goes for me. Sometimes it can be very annoying.

A warm bath generally helps, or gently massaging and stretching out the muscle involved. Be sure you are getting enough good nutrients and electrolytes in your diet, drinking plenty of water and watch the caffeine and artificial stuff.

Hopefully, it will fade back away for you soon.

M

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alv
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it has been scary for me for 4 years since it started in my feet and went up to my face .

Now after 15 months later they are rarely here and there.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie F.
Member # 15956

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Julie F.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got the same exact annoying twitching thing, too. I had some arm twitching that was driving me insane, it really was like a full-blown spasm off and on all day long, so I stopped my magnesium supplements to see if that would help. The arm twitching went away in the next day or two.

Since then, I've had twitches here and there. Usually just one little twitch and then it's gone, then later on in the day I'll twitch somewhere else.

I actually had no twitching and no symptoms for two whole weeks! Foolishly, I thought "Yipee, I'm done!"

Then I did 5 days of Flagyl and the twitching came back. Started in my abs this time. Not too bad, but still, it's there and annoying as ever, even though I'm off the Flagyl now.

So I decided to get back on my magnesium supplements. Right now, I think they might be helping. My twitching is getting better today. If it gets worse, I may ditch them again and see what happens then.

Wishing you a twitch-free day!

[Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 67 | From SF Bay Area | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also have twitching and read yesterday that the Lyme spirochete uses magnesium instead of iron like some other bacterium, so the sufferer becomes mg deficient, hence causing the twitching.

"Additionally, Lyme bacteria are unique in that they utilize magnesium instead of iron in their life cycle, which depletes the body's stores of magnesium. Do NOT try to "starve" the bacteria by withholding magnesium supplementation. This just causes the bacteria to convert to a cyst form and wait indefinitely - while your body becomes significantly weakened and impaired from the deficiency. Increasing magnesium intake causes cyst forms to convert back to spirochetes to retrieve the magnesium which is more readily available in the bloodstream, allowing them to be attacked by antibiotics or other treatment protocols."

It came from the Texas Lyme Disease Assoc website. Here is the link to the article:
http://www.txldabb.org/forum6/101.html

I found it very interesting and I've been taking mg for the twitching but am not on a treatment right now, so I'm prob just letting the Lyme feast

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

Thanks everyone. I just don't know what to do. My dr treated me again today. I guess we'll see what happens. I don't take antibiotics-I do energy treatments. I just wonder what in the heck he stirred up with the last treatment ya know?? I feel awful. Ill keep taking the magnesium too and I am going to start back up on the Lyrica.

Nancy

--------------------

-Chuck Swindoll

Julie F.
Member # 15956

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Julie F.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the link. It was convincing enough for me to run and take my magnesium supplements!
Posts: 67 | From SF Bay Area | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pauline
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10000

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pauline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this is easier said than done, but really you should completely ignore it. it's not going to hurt you and is very common with Lyme. I've talked to my neurologist about this as I've had all over body twitching for over three years with the Lyme. Sometimes you get hotspots in certain areas like your arm or leg. They go away and then come again. They are at their worst for me when I am herxing. The only thing though is you should have magnesium levels checked and thyroid to rule that out. I've even had weakness with the twitching while I was herxing badly and my LLMD said it was completely normal. It went away after three weeks.
Posts: 144 | From Connecticut | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement