LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » ozone biofilm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ozone biofilm
wrotek
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wrotek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=3600406
quote:

R�sum� / Abstract
The biocidal action of ozone on pure and mixed bacterial biofilms were assessed in laboratory experiments. The effect of ozone on the corrosion behavior of SAE 1020 carbon steel and on AISI type 304L stainless steel samples, as well as the possible synergistic effect of ozone/bromide mixtures, were also studied. Ozone was effective not only to kill bacteria but also to facilitate the detachment of bacterial biofilms formed on stainless steel. Preliminary experiments showed that ozone/bromide ion mixtures did not modify either the biocidal action or the corrosion behavior of the metals with respect to that obtained with ozone alone.

Posts: 636 | From Wroclaw, Poland | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's why ozone as a treatment modality is so popular in Germany. It's inexpensive and effective. It is used here, but only by alternative oriented doctors.

If you are going to have cavitation surgery. You might want to change your mind and look for a DDS who uses ozone instead. I think it is much more effective and not nearly as invasive.

If only ozone could be used to target biofilm, everyone would be cured of lyme.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wrotek
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wrotek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://tinyurl.com/65wkt5
Posts: 636 | From Wroclaw, Poland | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wrotek
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5354

quote:

METHOD

GAET 240ml of blood with 55 �g of ozone for 20 times, twice a week and a periodical recall every 2-3 month, it depends of seriousness of pathology

CLINIC CASE
Patient 30 y.o. with MS since 1996 with paresthesia of superior and lower extremity, with dysesthesia of dexter emisome. The protocol of GAET was practised (240 of blood with 55 �g of ozone for 2 months). In these 6 years the patient recovered the symtomatology and he is clinically stable with a regular social working life: the paraesthesia of superior and lower left extremity disappeared, the facial left deficit and the dysesthesia of dexter emisome too. It persist a disappeared paraesthesia on left knee.

Maybe ozone has to be used for longer period of time to present results.
diana
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I spoke with a woman several years ago who attributes her remission to 20+ sessions of ozone. She is healthy now and symptom free after suffering for years.

Diana

Posts: 202 | From vancouver, canada | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wrotek
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5354

How long she has been sick ? Was her treatment an IV ? Since many people can't afford IV, because every shot is often very expensive, perhaps other ways of administering ozone could replace IV. Sauna, drinking...
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well placed ozone kills biofilms and all the bad bateria within. The biofilm isn't a protective sheath from ozone, thats why its used for cavitations. It is destroy bacteria colonies completely.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think someone who got well from ozonating blood was mainly suffering from a viral issue (even if tickborne).

I think ozone is a great modality when used carefully. I have a home machine from Saul Pressman and I am going to ozonate my "dental pockets" after I get a deep scaling. Injecting ozone into my gum doesn't sound as fun, nor probably as necessary.

Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annxyz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know of a do it yourself approach to ozone ?

Can one receive treatments anywhere in US ?

--------------------
ANNXYZ

Posts: 744 | From Mineola | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Here is one method of self help:

http://www.holisticbodyworker.com/oxygen_therapy.html

As far as injecting ozone, usually should be done by someone who is trained like O2babe. Ozone used correctly can help in many ways. Incorrectly could potential kill you. Finding a skilled practioner is probably best.

--------------------
Bob

jamescase20
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES, you can buy a ozone water purifier...then if you drank it quickly after treatment...the ozone would be still left in the water...thereby it would absorb into your body via stomach.

I am ordering mine now.

Also...in fact I checked after exposure in a scope..and found that the bugs appeared to die from ozone exposure.

I also have 2 "safe" level ozone air cleaners in my bedroom, and I on purpose expose myself in my sleep.

It appears under scope to help kill the invaders.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob, you mean like O2babe said, right...cuz I'm not trained...
However you can apparently use a waterpik and ozonate your dental pockets. There is a DMD who teaches this.
So at some point I guess I'll go see him.
I have so many issues to deal with at this point its not easy to find the time.
First I have to get my gums/teeth DEEP cleaned or scaled whatever you call it. The first periodontist I called it was $375 "quadrant", the second well known periodontist was $880 a quadrant. Well thank you very much but what do you think I am, a money tree? $3600 to clean my teeth/gums??? So my friend referred me to smoeone who has done hers for years who is only $225/quadrant. Now that starts to sound cheap.

I also have to pay out of pocket for physical therapy training as I sort of subluxated my kneecap (pushed it out of alignment in early June). Though I know what did it I also wonder if its lyme related, if ligaments and tendons get gradually weakened and lax from chronic inflammation from lyme bugs, and if I didn't have lyme, would I not have pushed it out.

Getting lyme, having all kinds of issues, and medical care for these "incidentals" that are so important is very expensive.

Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wrotek
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5354

http://www.ozoneapplications.com/info/ozone_properties.htm

ozone Dissolved in Water (pH 7)
Temp (C) \half-life
15 \ 30-minutes
20 \20-minutes
25 \15-minutes
30 \12-minutes
35 \8-minutes

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

O2babe ... do the oil pulling twice a day 20 minutes at least. It most definitely works if your not doing it already. It will strenghen the gums quite a bit. Also gargling with GSE 15 drops in six ozs of water just before you brush your teeth, and make sure you toothpaste has baking soda to knock down the acid.

I've had surgery on all 4 quadrants done about 20 years ago. I also had the deep cleaning. You'll want to make your gums as strong as possible for the procedure. Especially if you go the cheaper route.

I wish there was a magic plaque potion i give you!

--------------------
Bob

oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Bob, I did start oil pulling tho not every day, with organic sesame oil. I really like it, I am not sure why but my body seems to feel good when I'm doing it. I suppose it mechanically removes bacteria and their toxins, sort of like other ayurvedic methods of say, liver and gut cleansing, which use oils (and even Ron Hubbard's detox method, which was pretty intelligent, used oils to mop up toxins). I forgot to do it this morning. I can't seem to gargle the oil for 20 minutes tho.

The GSE is a good idea. I've been using a small amount of h202 in a waterpik for a couple years but my sense is that gets many organisms but there could be aerobes that are not good that then flourish. I didn't want to use essential oils in the water. So GSE is a good idea and I will buy that.

I think once i get a good scaling I can fix the terrain of the pockets by using the waterpik with ozone. I may see if I can wing that on my own otherwise I'll go to the guy who pioneered it and get advice. But I'm trying to "limit" my expense here.

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

O2 the stronger you can make the gums the less impact the scaling will have. I agree the scaling is absolutely necessary to get the disease out. After the scaling it is important to keep working on making the gums stronger.

I just had my teeth cleaned this week. I had all 2's and 3's. She thought that was excellent. Just keep doing what I was doing (oil pulling a couple of times a week). [Wink]

--------------------
Bob

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement