LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Diagnosed with Babs and Malaria...same thing??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Diagnosed with Babs and Malaria...same thing??
Pammy
Member # 15695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally was checked for co-infections. The Lyme

is gone but tested positive for Babs, Malaria, and Erlich...

Dr. prescribed Ermycin, Alinia & Tindimax (sorry

can't read his writing [Wink]

Is this unusual, typical?? The malaria thing is

throwing me for a loop...

He said these prescriptions are expensive...I

haven't filled them yet. Has anyone else been

on them? What kind of $ am I looking at and any

suggestions on where to find them the cheapest?

Posts: 92 | From home | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
h8lyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11765

Icon 1 posted      Profile for h8lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take malarone for babesia, but it was primarily made for malaria. I take 6 tabs a day, 3 in the morning 3 in the evening. This costs me about 1,000 a month. Its the most expensive drug that I take, and I've been taking it for a while now.

I also take zhangs art, and red root and boneset as herbs to fight the babs.

hope that helps

Posts: 158 | From Santa Monica | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nwisser
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15682

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nwisser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Babesia and malaria are not the same thing but they're closely related and the medications for them are the same.

--------------------
Just because it' s not nice doesn' t mean it' s not miraculous.
--Terry Pratchett

Posts: 121 | From Nazareth, PA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you have any idea where you got malaria???

Hope you do well on the treatment. Be ready for herxing!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement