LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Ondamed vs Rife

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ondamed vs Rife
alee
Member # 16325

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD uses an Ondamed machine. I am not able to be there often enough to get continued use with it.

Does anyone have any insight into the difference between Ondamed machines and Rife machines?

Can anyone recommend a type of Rife machine, or what to look for in a rife machine? I'd even like to know how to go about finding a doctor in my area who uses one.

Also, I've been told that its not a good idea to use the Rife while on antibiotics because of too much die-off. Does this ring true for anyone?

Thank you for your help!!

Amanda

--------------------
Amanda, Indy
Just began Lyme treatment

Posts: 19 | From Indianapolis | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Amanda.

May I suggest checking the search button here for Rife information? There has been a lot of facts and opinions posted about it in the past.

That should give you a good back ground, a decent starting point and a lot of references too.

That may be easier than folks trying to respond in detail to try to cover all of your concerns... It would be like trying to spell out a Rife 101 class in one sitting at this point.

And an Ondamed 101 class.. and then info on doctors in your area. That could take a LOT of time... and much of it has already been done by some very good folks in the past.

If after checking the ongoing and past selections from the searches here .. maybe if you still have a specific concern... you could ask about it and get a direct answer.

I am certainly not trying to put you off- not at all-.. or not be direct in answering you... but there are easier ways to get the overall picture and the search is available.. and free.

Hope that helps. The search button is at the top of the screen located under post a reply.

Good luck and welcome to the board.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where are you located?

I have an Ondamed machine if you are interested in borrowing it and learning how to use it on yourself.

Let me know!

Julz

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janet thomas
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janet thomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used an Ondamed about 6 times and noticed absolutely no effect. But each of us is different. Rosner's book-Lyme and Rife-will give you a better understanding of the different machines. IMO, the Doug coil machine is the most powerful and useful.

--------------------
I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice but only my personal experience and opinion.

Posts: 2001 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JKMMC09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JKMMC09     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see an alternative doctor who also uses the ONDAMED machine, but I have not been able to use it frequently enough to really know if it works.

My doctor says it needs to be used at least 1-2 times a week, but his office is over 1 hour away...It's a big struggle to do that twice a week.

Has the ONDAMED helped anyone here who has tried it? Is it worth it?

Also-- I believe ONDAMED is TOTALLY different than Rife. I'm not sure of the exact differences, but I know that Ondamed is considered much more gentle, and it uses the body's own energy/frequencies.

Posts: 371 | From CT | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alee
Member # 16325

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone--
And, TinCup, I appreciate the guidance, as I am new to the board, and figuring how how to find info. This board is so large, its a bit overwhelming. Searching would be smart *lightbulb*!

I know there is a lot of training with Ondamed, so I would guess that if a person didn't use it accurately on you, you wouldn't see the results.

My LLMD is doing a research study on the pain affects of Ondamed right now. I was going to be in it, but I can't be there frequently enough to use it! I would see how you would need to do it often to see results.

I know that the Ondamed gets programed to each person's specific body and frequency, which makes sense. I have not had time to do tons of research, but my understanding also is that it is more gentle on the body.

As far as borrowing one/using it myself-- I live in Indianapolis-- looks like you live in FL?

I have not yet read Lyme and Rife, although I am familiar with it. Still getting through Coping with Lyme and Healing Lyme!

I will have to search this site to read up on what people say about rife.

I know someone who's LLMD told her not to do rife and antibiotics at the same time due to too much die off. I'm not sure if this rings true or not?

Posts: 19 | From Indianapolis | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frickla
Member # 9818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frickla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Julz, are you still open to letting a person with tons of pain borrow your Ondamed machine? I'm in VA and was recommended by my LLMD. I have had years of treatment but muscular pain still abounds and is worse. That was a very nice offer you made because I know it is very expensive machine.
Posts: 25 | From Lorton, VA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frickla
Member # 9818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frickla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alee, do you have any results to post from your doc on pain reduction using Ondamed? I would really like to know, that is my main symptom.
Posts: 25 | From Lorton, VA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psano2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psano2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The reason they say not to take antibiotics w/rife is that the belief is that antbiotics forces Bb into the cyst form, and rife works primarily (best?) on the keet form, and the cysts wouldn't open in the presence of antibiotics to be killed. At least, I think that's the main reason, so you wouldn't have as good a chance to kill all of them over time.

That being said, I've rife while on antibiotics, and still experience a herx from it in addition.

Posts: 975 | From California | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can use Rife with antibiotics. The Rife machine will not be as effective because the antibiotics are killing the same form that the Rife machine does.
As mentioned before, the antibiotics will tend to drive the Lyme into the cyst form. At least that is the current thought.

I would use both but start with short sessions. There could very well be a synergistic effect by having the Rife machine weakening the bacteria and the antibiotics finishing it off. Or the other way around.

Bottom line is no one knows for sure.

Ondamed and Rife have more differences than similarities.

D Bergy

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement