LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Left Side Numbness

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Left Side Numbness
kgarrett
Member # 17420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgarrett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone experience numbness weakness on one side of your body. It is affecting my left Knee, Thigh, Hand, Bicep and Cheek.
Posts: 43 | From md | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beverly
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 1271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, even tho I have weakness and numbness everywhere from time to time, it has mostly been on my left side.

--------------------
God Bless You! Everything..is just my opinion.

Posts: 6638 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soonermom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soonermom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I have had numbness all over my left side at one time or another. I even woke up one day with complete numbness on the whole left side.

My LLMD says that he sees more left sided symptoms than right.

--------------------
3/08 CDC Positive
IgM 18++ 23-25IND 31++++ 34++ 39+ 41+++ 58+ 83-93+

CDC Negative
IgG 31IND 39IND 41+++ 58+ 66+

Posts: 274 | From oklahoma | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome; i'm so glad you found us!! You've come to the right place for education and support!

Fyi: we have over 1000 viewers daily; 200 - 400 posting/replying; so specific titles get our time/replies. non-specific ones, i sob, scroll on by!

Also, please be very specific in the subject line what you will be discussing so more people will be able to assist you.

Dr. Burrascano's most recent "Diagnostic Hints and Treatment Guidelines for Lyme and Other Tick Borne Illnesses" @
http://www.ilads.org/burrascano_0905.html
suggests that you discuss with your doctor continuing treatment until you are symptom free for 2 months.

this link, making the most of your LLMD visit, may help you also.
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=020605#000005

please see BettyG's newbie package info on the link below; click on link at bottom of my package. Check it out as time permits for you!
@ http://tinyurl.com/58eyou

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
c3mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for c3mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, the numbness has favored the left side of

my body also.

Posts: 262 | From ohio | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgarrett
Member # 17420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgarrett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the help - I was freaking out about what it could be. I'll try to get into my doctor this week to make sure it isn't anything else.
The info on this site is a bit overwhelming. I have been on a couple of rounds of antibiotics but I also have Fibromyalgia so it seems there is no way to really know if it is gone.

Posts: 43 | From md | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onthemend
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for onthemend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. Before I was ever diagnosed I was assisting at a chess tournament, sitting on the steps of the stage & my entire left side from glute to toes went totally numb. Try explaining that! Can you believe I thought it was odd, but no panic? Now I look back and think what an idiot I was.

I had major symptoms on the left, including numerous episodes of numbness, tingling, burning, falling asleep-ness, etc. About 3 mos into abx treatment I tried to start working out again, and I hired a trainer. Imagine my shock when, after working out my entire life, I was pretty much unable to control my left side at all, or get it to do any of the routine. I had to quit and try again about 4 more months later -at which time it WAS better, and it has all been improving ever since.

Can't recommend exercise enough (once you are able!) along with clean living & taking your meds exactly as prescribed. And best of luck to you.

Don't be scared! (Easy for me to say, right?!??) Just stick with treatment. And have faith, even though the medical community at large has made that so very difficult to do.

otm

Posts: 314 | From east coast | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get your blood electrolyte levels checked (simple blood test)...for starters.

Other ideas:

http://health.nytimes.com/health/guides/symptoms/numbness-and-tingling/overview.html

With attention to:

"Underactive thyroid
Abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body
A lack of vitamin B12 or other vitamin
Certain medications
Toxic action on nerves"

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pammy
Member # 15695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first symptom was my entire right side going numb. I thought I was having a stroke!

Dr. said it was anxiety and sent me home with a

prescription for anti-anxiety meds. Then I was told

it was migraines. Unfortunately I think these

answers are fairly common.

That was almost a year ago and I still have days

where my right leg especially, and sometimes the

entire right side just feels weak and "mushy".

Posts: 92 | From home | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
von
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8333

Icon 1 posted      Profile for von     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there,

My numbness is one sided as well. Mostly just cheek and hand on the right side. I here that left side is much more comon.

I wonder if that has anything to do with which side of the body is stronger. ie: right or left handedness.

I am right handed, but mixed dominance... I am left eyed, and left legged.

Posts: 258 | From Washington State | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement