LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Hotness & panicking in chest??!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hotness & panicking in chest??!!
suki444
Unregistered

Icon 11 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
Does anyone else get this? It is like all of a sudden in your chest only there is a panicking sensation, fast heartrate and hotness. It comes on like an 'attack' and gradually resolves. Makes you feel very anxious though.

Anyone know WHAT this is down to? What gets rid of it? I am currently on Mepron+ Biaxin... but I can get this flaring when on any meds,

thanks for any advice
Emma

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
suki...

Anytime there is a chest/heart racing, sweating or hot feeling, etc... it is best to check with your doctor.

Not trying to put you off or not answer you.. but we don't want to mess around with situations involving the heart or eyes, especially.

Once the LLMD or general doc rules out potential problems ...

Have you considered hormones?

Now.. again...

I am NOT a doctor and in this case strongly advise you call them for a consult. Please do.

Hope it improves!!! And you feel better.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suki444
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Tincup [Smile]
But to put your mind at rest, I've had the works regarding heart tests via my LLMD ...however this is only something that happens sometimes with symptom flares.

My hormones were also checked and were normal. I definately think it is infection related but would love to know which!

Anyone have any idea?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ponytail
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ponytail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to do it much worse than I do now ... the first run of IV claforen stirred up bugs which I guess were hiding in the heart!

It would speed up soooo fast and then slow down to the point I thought I'd never breathe again!

They did all kinds of tests ... EKG's, 24 Holter monitor etc ... finally, decided it was inflammation ... gave me Inderal to use if it was really scary and told me to try to not panic.

Subsided after several YEARS of abx ... but, on occasion still flares.

Scary stuff!

The thing I'm doin now which is not scary but irritating is that my freaking head will sweat for no apparent reason ... grrrr. Talk about embarrassing.

I to had all the hormone tests to see if I was menapausal ... I wasn't ... so ... life goes on w/ all this bizarre crap! Just be sure to always keep the doc apprised ... I do that 'cuz I don't wanna discount something that may be indicative of something else!

Isn't it fun bein a sicko? Hahaha ... take care.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 704 | From Huntsville, Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whew...

GOOD to know you had it checked. Sorry I didn't want to reply in more detail till I knew that. Some folks (like me) will do anything to avoid a ER visit or another doctors appointment.

And by responding about other possibilities.. I was afraid you wouldn't take me seriously.

Ok... since you are ok... whew....

If it isn't the old "give men a pause"...

My guess is that it could be the Babs is doing it.. and/or the Mepron.

I've had the same thing happen too... but was not on Biaxin. So to my way of figuring... it could be that?

BTW- mine didn't take years to stop. Once treated for a few months with Mepron... it went away.

Then years later I had something similar.. but it was due to the leaky gut. That said...

Is it happening after you eat? Do you feel better if you skip a meal or don't eat for a while? Is your appetite poor?

If so... check out "leaky gut" and food allergies.

Please let me know how you are doing with it. OK?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement