LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Showings of "UNER OUR SKIN" in Georgia

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Showings of "UNER OUR SKIN" in Georgia
onmyway
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17607

Icon 4 posted      Profile for onmyway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
56 strains of the bacteria that cause Lyme Disease have been found in the South* and over 300 strains have been found worldwide. Georgia doctors diagnose Lyme 40x more than is being reported**. Your chances of getting it are much higher than getting West Nile Virus. It's constantly misdiagnosed as Multiple Sclerosis, Fibromyalgia, ALS (Lou Gehrig's), Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, Lupus, Chronic Fatigue and more. But this information is not reaching the public or our doctors. Why?

The award-winning movie

Under Our Skin

An infectious new movie about microbes, money and medicine

will be presented by Turn the Corner Foundation at

Fayette County Public Library, 1821 Heritage Park Way, Fayetteville

Monday, October 6th at 6pm

Saturday, October 25th at 10am

Coweta County Central Library, 85 Literary Lane, Newnan

Thursday, October 9th at 5pm

And Peachtree City Public Library, 201 Willowbend Road, PTC

Tuesday, October 21st at 6pm

ADMISSION IS FREE. FOR MORE INFORMATION

CALL 770-716-6011 OR EMAIL [email protected]

MOVIE INFO: UNDEROURSKIN.COM

This film is not for children under 16.

Sources: *Professors from Georgia Southern University, the University of N. Florida and US Army in a 2001 article from The Journal of Clinical Microbiology. ** 2002 Study from Mercer University School of Medicine, Ma

Posts: 131 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onmyway
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for onmyway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bump
Posts: 131 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onmyway
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for onmyway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BUMP
onmyway
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17607

bump
onmyway
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17607

Icon 10 posted      Profile for onmyway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BUMP
onmyway
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17607

BUMP
onmyway
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17607

Icon 4 posted      Profile for onmyway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also I am now working on showings in North GA as well!!

Should have a date and location for you by the end of the week!!! Georgia is ROCKING!!!!

It's the only way to get awareness out there!!!

Thanks,
Onmyway

Tick N' Tired
Member # 184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tick N' Tired     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey,

I was wondering if there was any news about showings of Under Our Skin in the North Atlanta area ?

thanks, jim

Posts: 80 | From atlanta, georgia | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scared08
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scared08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am soooooo thrilled to see this!!!!!!
I live in S. Georgia boarding Fl., but I was sent to the top Neurologist at the Emory Clinic in Atlanta and He flat out said in front of a student,"There's no such thing as Lyme Dis. here!!!"

I am going to look back to find his name and invite him, along with as many Dr.'s as possible!!!!

I think that I've run into maybe 2 or 3 people in this area that even know what Lyme is!!!!

So glad to see this and I pray that there is a way to have a veiwing in the Southren region too!

Thanks!!!!!!

Posts: 351 | From Georgia | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scared08
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scared08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After I replied I noticed the original date was in the beginning of Oct.!!!

Are there still any showings in this area????

Posts: 351 | From Georgia | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to my AL LLMD, 50% of the tick poplulation in NE GA are infected with LD. He said a belt runs from there down into central MS, where I live. This is very scary. Glad they are getting the word out with "Under Our Skin". My regular GP has ask to borrow a copy of Under Our Skin from me. I am going to drop it by his office next week.

Also write to your congressmen, senators and representatives. I have written to 2 so far, but they need to be swamped with this information. The House of Representatives will be discussing the Lyme Bill the beginning of next year, so start writing to them now!

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onmyway
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17607

The showing of Under our Skin will be in Roswell Ga sometime in January! We decided to wait and do after the Holidays! I will let everyone know when we get closer to time! I think we will also have another smaller showing in Alpharetta!

So with that said I hope everyone is doing well and I will be sure to let you know all showings as soon as we nail them down! The Roswell venue will hold a couple hundred people and I hope to fill every seat!!

Take Care,
Diane

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement