LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What is happening to me?? Please help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is happening to me?? Please help
lalyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lalyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been in treatment for Lyme and Co -infections for 2.5 years. Was doing better and better. Then BAM two weeks ago I got what feels like horrible muscle pain in my back and stomach. It literally feels like someone is squeezing around my whole torso. The pressure is relieved if I find a new position to move into and then the pressure comes back about 30 seconds later. It has also been accompanied by a general lousy feeling, like something between a mild flu and being poisoned. Also, I am slightly out of it...foggy and waking up feeling yeasty or something that feels like that but more severe.

My main symptoms with Lyme have really been twitching which is better and vertigo which is getting better.

I have been on Zith 500 mg and Doxy for quite a while.

Please, I can't take the back/stomach pain and lousy feeling anymore. Your advice, thoughts/reassurance would mean the world to me. Thank you.

Posts: 298 | From los angeles | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear that. I just don't know what it might be, anything would be speculation on my part.

You must go see your llmd about these new symptoms. Could you have pulled some major muscle group in physical exertion? It sounds like these are new symptoms, out of the blue. Are you careful on the yeast-free (yeast discouraging!) diet?

Lyme/tbd treatment has its ups and downs, even after 2 years. Since you have been making good progress for so long, that is a good sign that things will turn in a positive direction again. Hope you feel better soon. Please call your doctor!

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Kidney ?

Food poisoning ?

Can you call your doctor?

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lalyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lalyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys. Did call LLMD. Haven't heard back yet. All organs fine. just had an ultrasound. They just found a cyst on my liver but they said that is normal for some people and has nothing to do with how I am feeling.

And I have cheated pretty badly on the Yeast free diet. I don't know if I pulled a muscle. I don't think so , but right before this started I wore a shirt that was far too tight for a whole day and it literally made my back kill and made me kind of nauseous.

Posts: 298 | From los angeles | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be careful! Cheating on the yeast-free/yeast-discouraging diet can lead to a bad case of yeast infection. Which can also be a cause of feeling bad, tired, and sluggish.

I find taking freeze-dried garlic, nystatin with meals, and herbal anti-yeast supplements helps keep yeast at bay, for the most part. But the diet is important.

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lalyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8964

Thanks Vermont. I know and I am back on track with the diet. taking Nystatin. What herbal ani-yeast products are you taking?
psano2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psano2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
have you considered Babesia? You may have reached a point that has allowed Babesia to domininate. Even if you didn't test positive, you may have it.

The symptoms are not exactly Babesia, but i wouldn't rule it out if you haven't been treated for it.

just something to think about.

Posts: 975 | From California | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Over the summer, I was putting Coconut oil (virgin organic) on food; I think that helps with yeast;

I got a pretty powerful anti-yeast supplement recently, and take only one at night: Yeast Balance, by Eclectic Institute.

It was pretty dang expensive; I think about $20 plus, but seems quite strong. Has Pau D'arco, goldenseal, spilanthes, and black walnut.

I had been cheating several times in the last month, with chocolate, ice cream, and pies [Smile]

The freeze dried garlic, the nystatin and this supplement has taken care of my yeast issues, but I really have had to start saying no to the goodies too!

gemofnj
Member # 15551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gemofnj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After trying, Olive Leaf Extract, Grapefruit Seed Extract and Oregano Tablets, by far the best one that helps me is FUNGAL DEFENSE.

Its really strong, and if I cheat on my diet, that gets rid of it quit promptly. Oregano is a very strong antifungal.

Pumping up your probiotics and buying high culture/high strain (refrigerated kind or ones recommended by your LLMD) is a good idea.

In his guidelines, Dr. Burrascano suggests using a variety of quality probiotics. [Smile]

Posts: 1127 | From atlantic city, nj | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cockapoo1996
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cockapoo1996     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lalyme,
Your story very similar to me. I was on exactly what you were on. Zith and Doxy for quite a while. Did good until last Dec. Then muscle spasms in back.

Ended up having Babesiosis as was mentioned. But I also think the other two abx pushed my lyme into cysts allowing the babs and then muscle spasms all over back and stomach.

Now I am on cyst buster - Flagyl and hoping for the best. Also, treating yeast with Diflucan is next step for me.

Posts: 472 | From New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lalyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8964

Cockapoo,

Do you think it was the Zith doing weird things to your back?? How is the Flagyl?

HaplyCarlessdave
Member # 413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaplyCarlessdave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One possibility is systemic yeast infection. Another is a coinfection such as babesia.
Yet another is reaction to that particular antibiotic. I'd talk to your doc soon! I hope you figure it out soon!
DaveS

Posts: 4567 | From ithaca, NY, usa | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lalyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8964

Thank you.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement