LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Some dumb questions....again. Protocols

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Some dumb questions....again. Protocols
hopeandhealth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17605

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeandhealth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since I am now llmd free...and it's weird, I actually feel free. He and I did NOT see on the same level. He wants his patients to not take anything for horrible pain, he wants me to go to a healing service at his church (THAT'S NOT what I pay hundreds for when I get to see him for 10 minutes each visit.

Okay, so I really need your help here and I will thank anyone and everyone who replies in advance. [Smile]

I'm considering since that I am down to about 600 bucks in Lymie funds. I am going to try a few things. First of all, has ANYONE HERE had success doing any kind of herbal protocols? Can you give me either a link to their book (or a link to any book of natural healing for lyme, etc)?

Has anyone here gotten better using these kinds of protocols?

I'm a neuro lymie, so what regimine would be best going herbal for a neuro lymie?

I'm sick of the gut rot, c-diff scares (I still think I have it.)

I want to take a different approach. I'm going to do some herbal stuff, maybe take a yoga class, and WHATEVER ELSE anyone here suggests that I do.

I have no clue what rife machines are, but they are expensive and you have to know how to use them right?

I am also going to seek out an accupuncurist (sp).

I'm going a different route with this. Something to make my mind stronger, more positive, because I do believe the more positive things I do to and for my body and the more I believe I will be healed through thankfulness and positivity, I think it sounds really good right now.

Can someone steer me to the right direction or herbal protocols? Books, links? Anything?

Also, if you could, share your personal experiences with these protocols.

You'd be helping me a great deal. I'm going through a lot in my personal life as some of you know, and my mind can't even think straight. My mom doesn't know what to do. I don't. So, I'm turning to you guys. My saving grace, every time.

Love you all! [Smile]

Oh and P.S., What in the world is a Far Infared (sp) sauna? Do you have to buy them or do gyms have them or who would have them?

--------------------
~*~Lyme POW~*~

I will escape.

Posts: 100 | From n/a | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angelica
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Healing Lyme by Stephen Buhner is a good book on treating wtih herbs. I take some of his herbs my LLMD has me on for bart and they do help with some with symptoms.

Maybe some bart herbs would help you with some of your neuro symptoms. You might have to try them and just see if they help at all.

Also if you find another LLMD or perhaps even an acupuncturist (I don't know how the rules go on this) you maybe be able to get the Cowden protocol to try for 6 months for free if the new LLMD or acupuncturist has not already helped two other patients by signing them up for the free six month offer.

The full Cowden Protocol which is herbal tinctures has helped some and some say it has not helped them. If you have to pay for it it is costly. Google it or search on this site and some info will come up for you.

I am sorry your LLMD turned out to be not so great and I hope you find a better MD and some new treatment plan that works for you.

Here is a link to some Cowden info

http://tinyurl.com/523h3n

I am hoping some other people will come along that know of other links for you.

None of your questions are dumb and so keep asking. Herbal and alternative treatments can be very helpful.

Maybe ask Sparkle about using or buying a light works for infra red treatment if that appeals to you.

Lymetoo can help you with info about Rife machines and eating yeast free.

Gigi has some very good detox advice etc.

I find yoga beyond helpful. It helps the body and the mind both.

I really wish there was some place for you and anyone with Lyme to go to get extra funding for treatment that was set up just to help lymies. Maybe in 2 to 5 years from now we will have that together.

I did talk to a lymie nurse once who did get a free grant to buy a Rife machine for her town. Maybe someone will come along who could tell you how to get a grant to buy a Rife.

Acupuncture does help me and so does massage. My acupuncturist has Lyme himself and is super and does muscle and pulse testing for me for supplements.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nwisser
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15682

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nwisser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had an amazing amount of recovery on the Buhner protocol alone, but I know that getting as much improvement as I got is rare. I have never been on antibiotics.

Reading Buhner's book Healing Lyme is a great way to learn more about Lyme in general and how the disease works, whether you go on to follow the protocol or not.

He explains a lot of that before he gets into the herbs. And he definitely has suggestions above and beyond the core protocol for various symptoms, including neuro.

He is not affiliated with any of the companies that sell the herbs he recommends, which is comforting.

I also, and I admit this with some trepidation, used visualization, visualizing going to an beautiful island where gentle caregivers in robes treated me, washing my cells with rejuvenating energies and reaching inside me to remove wires and lumps and other things that were inhibiting the flow of pure health through my body.

I did it several times a week, at different times of day including sometimes as I lay in bed before sleep. I can't be sure it helped, but I figure it didn't hurt.

I still do it sometimes.

--------------------
Just because it' s not nice doesn' t mean it' s not miraculous.
--Terry Pratchett

Posts: 121 | From Nazareth, PA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
herbs IMO are for transition OFF of aggressive abx combos ONCE infection/s are under control.

i have experience with the use of cowden, zhang, buhner, and other herbals protocols and i have to say in "theory" they sound great, but practically they just dont measure up to abx treatment.

when abx are combined with appropiate treatment measures that cover ALL aspects of these condition/s i believe they can be very effective.

maybe it would behoove you to seek out a better llmd that will work WITH you rather than against you.

i have seen many llmds and i totally understand how frustrating it can be.

if you like, PM me and i will try to assist in setting you up with a well qualified llmd.

if not, best of luck to you and i hope everything works out.

in my experience, of the herbal protocols, zhang has helped me some and continues to help, but it is very expensive and again, is not as powerful or effective as good abx combos.

the zhang herbs i have taken and still take are :

HH
Coptis
Circulation P

they can be purchased at hepapro.com

Dr Zhang will give you a phone consult to help w/ the dosages and herbs. again, its expensive

derek

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some may disagree but the LightWorks really helped me. We are all different but there is solid scientific evidence that the infrared light really works.

I've heard that infrared light can increase ATP 1000% which means healing... check Wikipedia if you want to know what ATP is.

The LightWorks is about $300. I don't sell them & I'm not affiliated with the company. It did change my life... for the better.

I did have to go through a nasty herx for about 1-2 months, after using the LightWorks. It was worth it. Others may react differently.

I was able to get the full Cowden herbal protocol through my doctor for free. If you ask your doctor to contact Nutrimedix, they have a program where they supply the full protocol for 6 months for free to 1 or 2 patients.

I'm not sure if they are still doing it.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeandhealth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17605

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeandhealth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I had more money, I would stick with an llmd. Embarrassingly enough, we are down to $600 in the Lymie fund. We started with $3000. I just got a bill in the mail from Lapcorp for $1,300. They are who my insurance says to use!

My insurance says that they deemed them "unnecessary". They were the Immunoglobbin (sp) tests, heavy metal test, cd-57, and some Thyroid tests. Now I get to call my stupid ex-llmd and try to get him to call them and explain WHY they were necessary. I'm just the patient, how the h*** do I know if they are necessary or not? $1,300!!!!!!!!! Unreal.

I'm just so sick of it all. I can't afford all of this. A bug completely stole my life away. My body, my money, my happiness, has strained relationships with friends/family. I'm just so ****ed. Nothing is the same any more. Nothing.

I'm in a horrible mood today. Sorry.

--------------------
~*~Lyme POW~*~

I will escape.

Posts: 100 | From n/a | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeandhealth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17605

Sorry for my outburst this a.m.... [Big Grin]

Anyone else have any ideas? I ordered books yesterday and I'm hoping one of them has something to do about NEURO LYME....even on the herbal aspect of it.

--------------------
~*~Lyme POW~*~

I will escape.

nwisser
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15682

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nwisser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A word to the wise: If you do try the Buhner, it's best to do it just the way he suggests. Some people pick and choose among the herbs of the core protocol and then say the protocol didn't work for them. It gets sort of expensive for the two peak months, but if you don't take the full doses you'll never know if it would have worked.

--------------------
Just because it' s not nice doesn' t mean it' s not miraculous.
--Terry Pratchett

Posts: 121 | From Nazareth, PA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement