LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Question for ladies - breast pain

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question for ladies - breast pain
ArtnSoul
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtnSoul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All,

I'm one of the "lifers" (I've had lyme for over 40 yrs. and was only diagnosed in 2003)

I haven't been on here regularly in the last 1 1/2 - 2 yrs. because I've had to get a job due to the financial strain.

Due to this, and stupidity, I haven't been treating my lyme - I'm an idiot. [shake]

Anyway,I have been having some health issues lately that I'm pretty sure are lyme related.

Although about two weeks ago my whole family got sick with a flu-like illness. I ended up with a sinus infection.

The dr. put me on antibiotics, and I took them. As you all probably know - they kicked my butt!

I have to make an appt. with my LLMD (when I have the funds)

After being off of the antibiotics for about a week, I have developed very painful, swollen breasts.

I always get very tender around that time of the month - but then it goes away.

The pain and swelling reminds me of when I was pregnant! And that is not possible.

Is there a connection with Lyme? I know before I was diagnosed, I had a breast infection. At least that is what the dr. treated me for.

And no, I was not breastfeeding at the time. It was probably about a year before my diagnosis.

He didn't hav a clue why I had gotten this.
Anyone have this, or know anything about this?
Thanks for any responses.

ArtnSoul

P.S. Feel free to kick my butt for not taking any meds. for the Lyme. I have some Biaxin and Plaquinel. I'm thinking I should start doing something until I get to my LLMD.

I push myself so much at work, and then when I get home I'm totally wiped out.

My life kinda sucks right now (sorry). I work, then I go home to be a Slug. A slug in sweat pants - who sometimes doesn't take shower until it's time to go back to work.

And I work four days a week, so yea, somedays I look and feel like something that crawled out from under a rock! [Eek!] Probably don't smell that great either.

Posts: 416 | From Southeastern PA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I get stabbing pains in my breasts sometimes. Usually my right side. However, I am breastfeeding. I've had a lot of breast infections over the years (I have 3 kids and they each nursed for 2.5 years, my youngest just turned 2 and I'm trying to wean her since I've finally been officially diagnosed).

I would think it unusual to have mastitis if you aren't breastfeeding though. I don't know, your doctor didn't think it strange?

Who knows though, since this disease does such strange things, wouldn't surprise me I guess.

Anyhow, take care, sorry you are going through the dumps. I guess I'm the same way, I'm not even working right now due to the agorapobia.

Take care,
Ocean

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtnSoul
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtnSoul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ocean,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I thought it was really odd too when I had an infection 15 years after the last time I would have been breastfeeding!

I did have infections while breastfeeding too - not fun!

I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with agoraphobia - I really struggled with that as well when I was younger, it's interesting to think that it may be lyme related?

I didn't like going anywhere, and I would literally panic if someone would knock on our door, especially if my husband wasn't home.

Blessings,
ArtnSoul

Posts: 416 | From Southeastern PA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I don't keep up with my bio-identical progesterone cream, I can get breast pain.

However, I would sometimes get the pain that starts from under the armpit and shoots down to the nipple.

My PCP told me I needed vitamin E. That REALLY helped.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgarrett
Member # 17420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgarrett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have fibrocystic breast disease and this happens to me from time to time. Normally with my cycle but sometimes not. Every once in a while I have it really bad. Have you had mamo's done. If so and you have some cysts - it could cause it.
Posts: 43 | From md | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
art, [group hug] [kiss]

we've missed seeing your name around here, but glad you've been able to work to help financially.

any lumps you find or nipples start bleeding; GET TO DR. PRONTO!! my late sis ended up with 2 different types of breast cancer! she was put off when lumps were discovered.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had similar problems some years ago, before Lyme:
I was told to up B6 intake or P5P to at least 200mg. That took care of the problem for good.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Artnsoul,
I have had the breast pain you are talking about..hurt so bad I couldn't lay on my stomach.

I also have fibrocystic disease and it's not the same thing. My dr. wanted me to do a hormone test to see if hormones were out of balance...I personally think it's lyme related.

Lyme can goof with your hormones. The pain did get better. Hope you feel better soon.

Posts: 677 | From Virginia | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Artnsoul for your response!

The agoraphobia stinks (as you obviously understand!), mine will come for years and then go away for a few years (and physically I will feel better, no muscle twitches, aches, ect). I'm pretty sure it's from the Lyme now (or Bart, even though I tested neg).

I hope that the breast pain goes away for you, I'm going to try vit E like someone suggested. I haven't taken that in a long time.

Take care,
Ocean

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtnSoul
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4561

Thanks so much for all the responses... I do think it is probably lyme-related. Lately, I feel like I'm really starting to go downhill.

I've been having a lot of things go wrong with my body, I think I have myself to thank - I haven't been taking my meds, and have been pushing myself at work.

I sure do miss all you gals and guys here on lymenet. [group hug]

Thanks for the advice bettyg, so sorry about your sis.

GiGi, so there is a connection to vit B and breast health?

And kelmo - vit E helps too?

Blessings,
ArtnSoul

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement