LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » 102.6 fever, chills, sweats, headache, nausea-?? DOXY killing something? or what?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 102.6 fever, chills, sweats, headache, nausea-?? DOXY killing something? or what?
KauaiGoddess
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KauaiGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aloha~

last night I broke out in a 102.6 fever and severe chills...I thought I was going to seizure or something I was so cold, but sweating up a storm and hot HOT HOT HOT.... felt like i was burning up!!

I could not sleep...

also, I noticed my body felt dehydrated...my hands and feet felt like they were drying up??!?!?!

I got a splitting headache (frontal and temples) and nasuea that felt like I was going to throw up, but never did.....

Is this common with DOXY? I am on mycobutin, zith and doxy (which I just added less than a week ago)..

I have never taken DOXY- so I feel that it might be getting some bug that has not been gotten by all the other meds I have taken...

called me LLMD to see what he thinks...

just checking with you all...

thanks so much!

smiles and hugs!

Fawne

p.s.

i still have a fever this evening- about 99.1 now, with nausea, minor headache, and general fatigue from on sleep last night...feel really spacey and out of it...

--------------------
Energy flows where attention goes~

Posts: 302 | From Kauai | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear that.

It sounds like it could be the flu! Could you have had any exposures?

I hope you get lots of rest and fluids, and feel better soon.

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flu or herx... not sure which.

I hope you feel better soon. [group hug]

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KauaiGoddess
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KauaiGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aloha-

thanks for your replies.

yea' my dad has a cold right now...but nothing really like this...more mucus and cough....

i dunno...

feel like it's not the flu...cause I just had a gnarly ACHEY leg muscles and calves herx and then one day I was ok and then this....

what about ERich? I read that HIGH fever and chills are symptoms? never even addressed this one with my LLMD....

hmmm...

oh well- I'll keep drinking my lemon water and restin'....

open to more inputs..

thanks~
Fawne

--------------------

Posts: 302 | From Kauai | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peedie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Boy Fawne - you are having a tough time of it right now. I'm so sorry. I had eight weeks of Doxy and had two pretty big Herx episodes. One landed in my back for a week of unbearable pain along with a constant headache. Then I got better and actually felt pretty good - then back to the back for another five days. I had dizziness too, and I have had sweats and chills throughout my whole treatment. But - I don't think I have had fevers.
I did some research for you and found in Pam Weintraub's book that her son was given Doxycycline to treat Lyme and ehrichiosis. Have you been tested for ehrichiosis?
I can't find any reason for you to have fever tho--
Fevers usually occur in the early "Flu-like" stage of the disease according to my book "Beating Lyme".

I think you are right on to detox and call your LLMD.
Please let us know how you are doing and feel better real soon.
Sorry I could not be of more help - I actually thought Doxy was great - like "now we're getting somewhere".
TC
Peedie

Posts: 641 | From So. CA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fever! - have your appendix checked. That happened to my husband and he had immediate surgery - it was in the process of breaking.

Get it checked out immediately. Better safe than sorry. My neighbor died from a burst appendix that nobody thought of!!!!

Take care and quickly.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This came out of no-where? Are you on oral doxy alone? Any pain anywhere in particular aside from your head? Abdominal pain?

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobidor
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobidor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Fawne,

It's possible that you are experiencing a strong herx.

Here are some common herx symptoms:

increased joint or muscle pain
headaches
chills
fever (usually low grade)
drop in blood pressure
hives and rash

Source: www.angelfire.com/biz/romarkaraoke/Herx.html

Feel better soon... [kiss]

Posts: 209 | From Montreal, QC, CAN | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KauaiGoddess
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11782

ALOHA~

great news- I SLEPT ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT!! [Smile] [Smile] yippie! it was wonderful! I was a little sweaty...like a sticky feeling...

took my temp this morning and it was 97.8

our classic low-lyme temp....which is what I have been for years now...

after taking my morning DOXY dose- I feel more sticky/sweaty, my nausea coming back, and feeling like maybe the fever is rising again...feel weak and out of it too...need to check my temp again...no headache [Smile]

I feel really anxious too!! I was in the kitchen this morning, just trying to clean up, and felt like my chest was getting tight and short breathing (just from cleaning)...something like anxiety attack.....but it never really happened...

i am just going to take it easy and keep takin' care of myself...

THANKS YOU ALL FOR YOUR REPLIES.

Peedie- thanks for your research- that was very kind of you...yea I have never had a fever like this before either....

Gigi- no i do not have abdominal pain at all. no pressure in my abdomen either.

MealicBlue- no I am on Mycobuin, zith and doxy but I have been on mycobutin & zith for a month or so and just added doxy to the mix last week... I got severe achey legs for about 5 days..then one day of rest and now this....

i do have bad nausea right between my ribs (where my solar plexis is)...

Bobidor- thank you- yea- everything I read says low-grade fever... i do feel like it's a herx....not the flu....

hugs and smiles!

Fawne

--------------------

CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Fawne, what did LLMD say? Doxy is strong if you
ve never been on this. Did you get a call back from the office?

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you on IV? or orals? Anytime you get a fever like that and are on IV it can be a line infection and is a medical emergency. If you not on IV could be a strong herx or the flu or something else.

Link..in case you do have IV..for anyone else who might be reading this too.
http://www.wildcondor.com/shock.html

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KauaiGoddess
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11782

Aloha~

CD57 -no call back from LLMD yet [Frown] ...
-never been on doxy before...
-I've pretty much taken all 'general' ORALS now...

wildcondor- it's oral doxy.... thanks for sharing ...

THANK YOU BOTH!!!

smiles-
Fawne

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement