LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » All you Anxiety/Depression Sufferers out there!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: All you Anxiety/Depression Sufferers out there!
Ocean
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I've been reading a book about the LENS technique for basically all 'psychological' problems. It uses a low electro frequency to change the brain waves to normal, it takes several sessions. The author has also used a machine with LED light, it's called a Photonic or something with good success. He also said that for patients with Lyme, Fibro and I believe MS, they cannot tolerate a long time though.

Here is an excerpt from a website that provides this in my state:

"LENS, Low Energy Neurofeedback System, is a passive process form of brainwave biofeedback, and does not require attention or learning. LENS involves measuring electrical signals from the brain and using these to guide the speed of a feedback in the form of an very weak radio frequency based on the dominant frequency of the brain waves. Duration of treatment is often shorter"

Anyhow, there is a machine called Alpha-Stim SCS that can help greatly with anxiety, depression and insomnia and you can buy it with a health provider's prescription. I found some reviews and it seems pretty legit. I may try this as I don't want to go on drugs for it, but am at the end of my rope.

It's expensive ($495) but I found some people selling used ones, but they weren't in my state.

Has anyone heard of this or tried it? I'm intrigued and if I could use it in the comfort of my own home, that would be great.

Any feedback appreciated,

Take care,
Ocean

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
princesslee
Member # 12141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for princesslee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Boss just told me that she and her husband just recently purchased a cold laser therapy light. It supposedly helps the body heal and boosts the immune system.

I think this would work for lyme as well. But, I do know that the light therapy machine they got cost something like 15,000 to 30,000. WAAAAY out of my range!

Thanks for the post, I think I may look for a used one like you mentioned. My entire family has neuro lyme and psych lyme. So, it's worth a shot. We are rapidly heading for the poor house!

Posts: 56 | From Downingtown, PA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi princesslee,
Sorry you are suffering too! I'm going to do a little more research before I buy one of these, although I did purchase a lightworks yesterday, so maybe I'll try that first when it comes, maybe it will have an effect too?

Wow, that's very expensive for the therapy laser light, do they also have Lyme? Maybe she would let you try it to see if it helps?

It's so frustrating, sometimes I feel like Lyme Disease sufferers are all guinea pigs...

Take care,
Ocean

--------------------

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annxyz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bejoy has found the lightworks ( I believe ) to be helpful to her with depression. Read her posts as to how she uses the tool.

--------------------
ANNXYZ

Posts: 744 | From Mineola | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9143

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please keep us posted. I have been on antidepressants since I was in my early 20's. I gained 80 pounds in four months when they put me on them.

Anything is better then taking meds.

sick

Posts: 538 | From Iowa | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Member # 3496

Annxyz,
Thanks! She said that it helped with the depression, I'm hoping it can help me, I just don't want it to be too strong and get worse with the Lightworks. I'll have to see though!

Sick,
So sorry you've had to be on meds for so long. I've been close to asking for something, but haven't yet. I've also heard weight gain is so common on them, I have a friend who wasn't on AD, but on Depo and she said she gained about 20 lbs/month for a few months! I wonder why it does that? It can't be extra eating, cause when I was pregnant the most I ever gained was 27 lbs and I ate A LOT (out ate my husband every day and still do with the breastfeeding =), and was on the low normal range for weight. SSRI's have to do something in the brain to disregulate the metabolism I would think.
Anyhow, I will of course let you know what I think if I do order it. I'm tempted as there is a 30 day money back guarantee.

Take care,
Ocean

--------------------

sick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9143

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A person just don't know what to try after a while do we. I was going to Dr. C in Springfield, Mo but I just can't come up with the money for more doctor visits.

He told me when he seen me that I wouldn't see any improvement for a year because I had lyme for 45 years but in three months I was improving so much.

It has been a year since I seen him and I am starting to slip backwords again.

Just have to keep looking for ways to get better that I can afford I guess.

sick

Posts: 538 | From Iowa | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what's the name of the book, ocean?

mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement