LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » emf's and xray-ct-mri

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: emf's and xray-ct-mri
nyjohn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nyjohn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am wondering if anyone knows how xrays, ct scans, and mri's affect us (aside from radiation warnings) as far as lyme and coinfections go...
i only assume that they are super-emfs?

but since radiation is used to kill tumors (and isn't rife basically radiation of sorts?), wouldn't the scans help to kill bugs?

in the past 7 years i have had 3 ct scans, 1 nuclear bone scan, 4 mris, and 7 xrays (maybe more?)...lots of sports injuries pre-lyme and co.

i would hope that these scans can kill bugs, but maybe the opposite?

what do you think?
thanks
john

--------------------
do your best to educate the rest because
9 out of 10 doctors don't know jack about tick borne illnesses

Posts: 437 | From shawangunk mountains, ny | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curiouser
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curiouser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No idea, but that is an interesting thought.

Just hoping it would kill them, rather than turn them into a mutant race of superbugs.

Or maybe I've just seen too many bad movies - was thinking of triffids as I typed that (and yes I know triffids are plants not bugs). [Big Grin]

In the last 2 years alone, I've had 5 CT scans, 5 (or more?) xrays, 1 MRI, a Hida scan, and a radioisotope cardiac spect scan.

Since ultrasounds penetrate tissues, idly wondering if they do anything to the bugs too. Had a countless number of those in the past 2 years as well.

Puts a smile on my face to visualize those little buggers gettin' fried, it does. [Big Grin]

Not going to be volunteering for any further imaging procedures just on that basis tho. [Wink]

--------------------
If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there. - Lewis Carroll

Posts: 356 | From Body-PA, Mind-elsewhere | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Occasionally someone will get a large Herxheimer from an MRI. It totally depends on what specific frequencies are produced either by the machine itself or harmonics of the frequencies. It is purely accidental but causes quite a bad reaction in the rare cases in which it happens.

Some members of the Rife community have had the idea of using an MRI to produce the debilitating frequencies for a given bacteria, virus etc. The power is thousands of times more powerful than the average Rife type device.

I have never heard of this reaction with a CT scan or radiation treatments.

D Bergy

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My MRI last week didn't cause a major herx / die-off. Bummer. That would've been a great side effect and offset being told I have 4 bulging discs. [Smile]
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we have some techs that run these; hope they happen to catch the subject! [Wink]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blaze
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My thought are maybe just the opposite...

Mobile Phone Emissions Increase Worm Fertility:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn1889-mobile-phone-emissions-increase-worm-fertility.html

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would try using the infrared light or Rife, instead. These 2 things really do seem to work for people.

I have also read the pulsed electro-magnetic fields (PEMF) can help with pain. I haven't tried it, yet. There are PEMF devices for pain & well being that are being sold at a fairly reasonable price to try it. Some have infrared LEDs combined with the PEMF.

I don't know enough about the other methods like X-rays, CT scans, MRI, etc. I think exposure to X-rays can give you cancer. Cell phones have been linked with cancer, too.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement