LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » dd's success story con't- discharged from tx!!!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: dd's success story con't- discharged from tx!!!!!!!
catskillmamala
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for catskillmamala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will cross post to success stories, but for those here who need good news:

Our dd was discharged as a patient from the Best Pediatoric Lyme Doc!!! She was in tx for 21 months. He dx her clinically with lyme and babesia (confirmed by labs). She was on zithromax and mepron (yuck). We didn't do much else other than good diet.

ALL SYMPTOMS are gone. She had joint pain, overwhelming fatigue, major depression, bipolar, skin light and sound sensitivity, stabbing eye pain, abdominal pain, chest pain, shortness of breath, disturbed sleep, burning urination, major constipation. We were all living in H3ll, if you know what I mean.

She had been treated with 6 weeks amox post tick bite but the co-infection prevented her from kicking it.

We know we're not out of the woods. She could relapse or be bit again, but she's SO MUCH BETTER. Her life has literally been saved. Thank you so much to lymenet for helping us every step of the way.

Posts: 524 | From Hudson Valley, NY | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome! [woohoo]
Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

How wonderful. 21 months. Glad you had a great doctor and were able to stick it out.

Congratulations - and what a splendid holiday season your family will now enjoy.

Thanks for sharing the good news.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's awesome news. COngratulations to you and your daughter for winning this hard fought war. It's so thrilling to hear success stories. I needed to hear one.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemommy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12495

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemommy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's wonderful news!!! I'm thrilled to hear that she is doing so well! (can't wait to say the same about my own child, and we are sooo close!)

It's so good to hear about a little one getting better, thank you so much for posting!

kp

Posts: 394 | From tinton falls nj | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mama, [bow] [bonk] [group hug] [kiss]

what an UPPER for your daughter, you, and family!!! we all needed to read this, and thanks also for taking it to SUCCESS STORIES for those just being this long lyme journey.

a win-win situation; getting an outstanding llmd who worked with you for this remission!!

keep us informed ok! [Wink]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is awesome, mamma!

my littlest was successfully treated in about as much time as well. you'll be ok, with all you now know.

great job!!!!!!!!!

m

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
such great news!!!
Posts: 561 | From mass | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovingattitude
Member # 17569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingattitude     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so happy for you and your daughter!!!! [Big Grin]

Also thanks so much for posting this, I definately needed an uplift.

I too have lyme/babs and was getting frustrated with lack of improvements over the last 14 months. (which I thought was a long time in treatment)...

Thanks for providing a glimpse of hope!

I hope your daughter will continue to be well

--------------------
-Love and Gratitude

Posts: 69 | From another planet far far away | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickbattler
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
catskill,

Thanks for sharing such good news. I need to hear this, as all three of my young children are in the beginning stages of treatment. Just curious, were you with Dr. J in CT? That's who we see.

I'm also curious, did your duaghter gradually improve over time or did you see old symptoms return after disappearing for a couple of months?

I ask because one of my boys has lyme, bart and babs, and when we noticed improvement with the babs symptoms (night sweats and fatigue lessening), his muscle pains came back after being gone for the past two months. Dr. J thinks it is a lyme herx since the babs is getting knocked down. This has enabled the meds to work against the lyme.

I hope it's a herx but I worry that the meds are no longer working on the bart and lyme since his pains have been getting worse and have lasted a month now! Seems like quite a long herx, but I guess that can happen.

Did your daughter experience any setbacks along the way or was it slow and steady progress?

Thanks for sharing,

tickbattler

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear Catskill Momma-

what extremely wonderful lovely news!!!!!!!!

[bow] [bow] [bow]

[woohoo] [woohoo] [woohoo] [woohoo]

I am DELIGHTED for your daughter, for you, for your family!

Thank you for letting us know. Those of us with Lymed children especially need the hope your success brings.

[kiss] dilly

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congrats!

just one question....

why all those abx and not just 30 days of doxy??

[Smile]

jk!

so glad shes feeling better.

i am nearing 2 yrs tx and also feeling much better.

it seems lyme is a disease of time and if we can hang in and do the things that need to be done well be ok!

cheers!

derek [woohoo] [woohoo] [woohoo] [woohoo]

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement