LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Lets not forget treating for PARASITES and WORMS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lets not forget treating for PARASITES and WORMS
Angelica
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this is an important topic and one that I am just starting to tune into as very important for recovery.

This is not my post. I cut and pasted it out of the IVIG thread.

"I was given IVIG for about 1 1/2 yrs. My head had gone completely numb and I was somewhat incoherent.

I had also been on oral antibiotics and IV rocephin for almost 4 yrs. I remember the cost for IVIG was around $5,000.00 per/tx once a month. I think it may have helped some.

I did need the antibiotics initially, but the thing that started turning things around was when I started getting rid of the parasites & worms. BIG FACTOR IN LYME DISEASE"

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alv
Unregistered

Follow this to the T and you will see the diference

Read below.i have done tons of parasites cleansing since in 2005 -this one was a BIG diference...

http://www.jonkaiser.com/intestinal_parasites.html

read through his pages..

Cleaning the parasites -should be step one following detoxing, digestive track , kidney and liver.

http://curezone.com/clark/

read teh 5 important cleansing ( from that depends the succesful treatment on ANY Disease)

djf2005
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is there a product than is reccomended for parasite removal? a pill preferably?

thanks

derek

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angelica
Unregistered

I think that is a great idea to get a list going.

I was told by a LL acupuncturist who has Lyme to buy Raintree's Amazon A-P but I have yet to try it but it does come in capsule form. I own some just have not taken it yet.

Many people on this forum like Huma Worm.

I have yet to address parasites but I am seeing that I need to and I have GI problems. I have travel extensively and I have lived in third world countries. There is no way I do not have parasites and possible worms.

djf2005
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am considering huma worm but recently gigi and others are very dissatisifed with their service it seems. any other brands?

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Angelica,

THANK YOU for being so alert to this. This happens to be a previous post of mine. I have been posting this and sending pms to people when appropriate.

I was really beginning to think it was falling on deaf ears. GiGi has posted much on this as well.

From what I have read, Dr. K. treats all of his Lyme patients for parasites and worms. PLEASE everyone check out www.lymephotos.com and study it.

This is EXACTLY what has poured out of me and many others. Burgdorfer originally found large filarial worms in the ticks and as an aside found the keetes.

I used very strong herbs from The Monastery Of Herbs in Calif. for 6 mos.(designer herbs)that have to be ordered by your doctor. They have specific herbs for Lyme, bart, babesia, mycoplasma etc.

They only sell to professionals. 818 360-4871. I also followed that with sea/salt/vitc protocol.

(I am not advocating salt/c protocol, but it worked for me along with the herbs. These herbs saved my life.

I am still on the sea salt/vitc and am still clearing stuff. I am considering doing herbs again. I have made great progress since 2005 when I started clearing the parasites and worms.

Given the fact that I have been infected for over 25 yrs, 3yrs of cleansing is nothing in the scheme of things.

Anyway, I think this would be a great thread to keep going for different protocols. Alv, good info also. Sorry this is so long.

Hope this helps,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angelica
Unregistered

Gael I so agree with you to how important treating parasites and worms can be. I kind of let this treatment slip by me in the past. I am so glad my new LL naturopath brought the subject up again even though I had heard about it before.

I would like to say unless you feel certain that you know a ton about treating Lyme disease already that sometimes it is good to add in more than one health care provider if you can afford to do so so we do not let things slip buy us.

I think every good health care provider and especially LL ones have something good to offer that maybe we did not look at before.

As Gigi says over and over again it is not just the Lyme disease we need to treat. I know that can be difficult for newbies to hear but I do think it is the truth from my own experience. As newbies become oldbies and learn more they find this out often for themselves.

mojo
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been treating every six month with Humaworm but I know I'm still infected and need to change it up a bit.
Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gemofnj
Member # 15551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gemofnj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ang,

How do we know we need to do this?

What would be the symptoms?

Posts: 1127 | From atlantic city, nj | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gem,

Check out the symptoms list at humaworm. It is very common for people with Lyme disease to be infected with parasites and worms.

go to www.lymephotos.com this parasitologist believes that this is what Lyme disease is.

I can only tell you that this is exactly what came pouring out of me and many other people. I don't think my Lyme disease is any different than anyone elses.

Burgdorfer found Filarial Worms in the ticks as well as keetes.

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angelica
Unregistered

My naturopath asked me a series of questions about elimination, digestion, gas, belching and stomach discomfort. He said he thinks 80 percent of lymies have parasites and I told him I bet the numbers are higher then that.

I have traveled to many third world countries and eaten at numerous night markets and street carts not to mention raw oysters and sushi in the USA. If I did not have parasites it would have to be a miracle.

[ 09. November 2008, 04:31 AM: Message edited by: Angelica ]

NMN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NMN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I'm the same as Angelica...I cringe at some of the stuff I have chomped down on on my travels. A particularly bad dose of Delhi belly and a visit to a dodgy sandwich cart in Cambodia, crickets in Thailand, snake in Laos. The list goes on.

I am in China right now and had a dose of food poisoning only 2 weeks ago that had me in bits for 2 days.

I would be very interested in hearing about the best products out there for this. I know I had terrible guts for years before I got ill with lyme.

I firmly believe it is all about everything and we get a bit caught up and over-simplyfy things a bit.

Anyone have names of any tried and tested products from the internet?

--------------------
Pos BB and Bart(Q & H IGG pos)
Began treat 1 year after start of illness. Diagnosed Feb 2007.

Posts: 648 | From Ireland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angelica
Unregistered

NMN I hope you are traveling with some activated charcoal on hand not that you can't buy it every where in Asia.

Besides food carts and night markets I think sometimes even costly restaurants in the best hotels when we travel can be harboring some new belly friends for the unsuspecting.

I also think even staying home in our own countries there are plenty of parasites and worms to go around for all of us. I kind of recall a recent tapeworm thread around here...

I spent plenty of time in Asia in the 70's in my hotel room or rented home running back and forth to the lou. Sometimes it seemed like many days in a row were lost sick stuck inside and sick.

I had a friend living in Nepal who got really sick for days/months because they assumed that the cook was changing the water filter and no one was changing it. She had to take tini after that and would drive around LA jumping out of her car to throw up in odd places.

Traveling can be very hard on the stomach. After traveling down the Amazon on some strange boat I had to hit the doctors office in Miami almost as soon as I got off the airplane. I was sick as a dog.

I am sure I have collected many unwelcome souvenirs from my travels. Time to do a major purge.

AnneRoto
Member # 13363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnneRoto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have lyme and bart. I went to a nurse who does hydrotherapy cleansing. She found a bunch of parasites in me. I did the cleansing (twice) did a coffee enema, and did a home protocol for a month. I feel so much better!!! My stomach is not bloated anymore, I feel so much more comfortable, the gas issues are gone, etc............. I am returning this week for another cleansing. I am also on azithromycin and omnicef. I questioned my doc about the parasites and he did not feel that they were associated with lyme/bart. That did discourage me since I wondered where I had gotten them from, however we did travel to Tahiti and the Cook Islands in 07.
It is a a relief to me to know that others with lyme and their co-infections also suffer from parasites.

Posts: 63 | From RI | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement