LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Red Swollen Feet - Please Help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Red Swollen Feet - Please Help
mookiewill
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mookiewill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been sick with Lyme and Babs since July 2007.
Been treated with antibiotics for the past 10 months.
I started to notice my feet feeling swollen back in the spring. Now they are almost always swollen and red. They turn red when I get up to walk (walker), and when I wear socks and shoes I get edema.

Any advice from those who have the same symptoms.
Did anything help?

take care,
Will

Posts: 111 | From Mid Michigan | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corinne E
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4670

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corinne E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi mookiewill,

I was diagnosed with lyme, RMSP, and bartonella. I have found that red swollen and painful feet and ankles are symptoms of both lyme and bart. Have you been tested for bart?

I used to wear wool or cotton socks because circulation was poor and feet often cold. I switched to wearing those very soft fluffy puffy (maybe nylon or polyester) socks and found they made a big difference, I even wear them to bed and made a huge difference with pain and numbness (feet/lower legs felt almost dead) but still hurt like hell when I woke up in the morning even before I got out of bed. Now that I wear these socks, feet/legs are so much better.

Also soaking in hot water with powdered ginger helped. And the moisturizer afterwards.

Corinne

Posts: 461 | From Abbotsford, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paula 007
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paula 007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband had this - along with vericose veins. He met all the symptoms for Bart, but we still kept our appt with the vascular doc.

Turns out he has a "leaky" vein in one leg that is affecting circulation. He is wearing compression stocking till we have it sealed off surgically.

We won't do the surgical till the LLMD oks it.

His feet and legs would swell and turn dark and very painful.

Point is - we always think everything that happens to us is related to that tick. And many times it's not.

Don't know the answer. Our "regular" doc mostly just asks us when we see our LLMD next. But this time, he called it right when he sent us to the vascular lab.

I hate that tick still.

Posts: 108 | From Florida | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mookiewill
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mookiewill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD always suspected Bart, though my test was neg. I've tried Epsom salt foot baths and protese enzymes for the swelling.

The Epsom salt can pull out toxins and disable neurotoxins according to some books.

The Protese enzymes will eat the CIC's that are causing inflammation.

Quercertin also can help to clear out the causes of inflammation.

Posts: 111 | From Mid Michigan | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement