LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Best way to convert to POSITIVE?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Best way to convert to POSITIVE?
Nicoles Mom
Member # 14408

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicoles Mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have read of a number of people converting to positive after being on antibiotics for a period of time.

I have also read about people using cats claw to get a positive test.

Is there a formula or time frame thayt is most likely to result in a positive conversion?

A certain period of time of being on antibiotics or a certain period of time being off?

A particular dose or type of cats claw or an optimum amount of time to take it?

Thanks

Posts: 93 | From Illinois / Ontario | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
webmeg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13647

Icon 1 posted      Profile for webmeg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is something to work with your LLMD on. Mine says he does a 5 day abx challenge, each day giving the patient a different abx. Then on the 6th day he tests for Lyme through IGeneX.

But each doc is different and there is more than one way to do it.

My LLMD did mention that there is no reason to go off abx when testing for lyme and in fact he thinks it is important to test again for lyme while a patient is still on abx.

If you test IGM negative while on abx for lyme that is a good (possible) sign that you may have gotten rid of the lyme.

Posts: 257 | From Connecticut | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamm
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry--gotta' disagree with you there, Webmeg. Many, many
a Lyme patients will never get a positive test result, and all
the research so far points to Lyme being ineradicable. I'm not trying to be a downer; I just think that this in crucial information
for people to have so they can proceed appropriately when they stop treatment.

http://www.anapsid.org/lyme/lymeseroneg.html

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nicoles Mom
Member # 14408

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicoles Mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody with results on Cats Claw?
Posts: 93 | From Illinois / Ontario | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you have a LLMD that will treat you based on clinical results? If so, then no need to worry so about testing positive.

I have been there myself, wanting that proof so bad, but you have to remember that these test are not accurate and that many people never get a positive test result.

Find a LLMD that will treat based on a clinical diagnosis and stop worrying about the test results. Test after months of treatment and possibly you will see more bands turn positive at that time.

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Adamm...My daughter has never been a CDC positive but has the ill effects of Lyme and Bartonella. She would be dead if we had waited for a true +.

Drs and insurance companies need to wake up and treat on clinical symptoms so people can be helped.

I also think that remission is the best we can do at this time unless you got abx as soon as the first infection was being transmitted.

I am not a dr this is just my baptised by fire opinion. lmt

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rianna
Member # 11038

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rianna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This article has much information on how to get a positive result

http://www.lymeinducedautism.com/images/Lymewhat_is_it_part_3,_LIA.pdf

Rianna

Posts: 1172 | From UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gemofnj
Member # 15551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gemofnj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rianna,

What a wonderful article. Very informative and interesting!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 1127 | From atlantic city, nj | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lots of research on possible ways to turn your test positive.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=030615

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry, thank you for this woderful link. It had alot of into I wanted. [Smile]

It's a little depressing to see my LLMD did mono Zith for 3 months when the ILADS page says don't do it more than 1 month or Lyme will become resistent to it. I wonder what book this person's reading? [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by TerryK:
Lots of research on possible ways to turn your test positive.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=030615

Terry

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveNJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just turned Equivocable after 10 Negative tests(over 2.5 years). I was tested after 2 months of abx. But more importantly i'm feeling better.

Dave

--------------------
On my journey to wellness - One day at a time.

Posts: 989 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nicoles Mom
Member # 14408

Really good info, guys.

I'm not looking for a positive so much for the doc's as for my daughter.

After 7 months on ABX while steadily declining she is becoming convinced she doesn't have Lyme.

Having Lyme is the only thing that is giving her hope.

She has been suicidal for months and the only thing keeping her hanging on is that we "know" what she has and it is "treatable.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement