LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Bizzare Symptoms and Photon Therapy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bizzare Symptoms and Photon Therapy
liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Icon 5 posted      Profile for liesandmorelies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been very curious in photon therapy like Lightworks and the Bionic 880 lately and while I have been researching it, I had a light bulb moment.

I was recalling back to three years ago when I had my first series of really bizarre Lyme symptoms.

I recall a series of nights where I would go into our sunroom. I would sit in a chair and just rest in front of a very hot soapstone wood burning stove. The heat in the room was very intense, but felt so good.

It was on these nights that I had very bizarre sensations in my head after sitting in the room for a while. The symptom felt like a vibration or buzzing deep within my head. I would take my breath away, because I had never felt this before. I could definitely feel it.

I otherwise loved sitting in front of that wood burning stove and relaxing. At the time I did not notice the correlation of the heat and these symptoms. Thinking back, I did not have this symptom at other times. Only when I was in the sunroom soaking up the heat from the woodburning stove.

I am now scratching my head and wondering if the heat from the stove was actually causing a herx type reaction or was the heat doing something to the spirochette to cause the onset of this particular symptom.

The symptom as I said would only come after I had been sitting in this heated room. And would only last a second or two. It would happen multiple times in an evening of sitting there and then when I would leave the room would go away.

With all the discussion of Photon therapy i/e the Lightworks and the Bionic, I am now seriously wondering if what I experienced was soem similar reaction to the infra-red heat that was being emitted from the soap-stone wood burning stove that we had.

Any thoughts????? Open to all opinions.

Thanks,
Elizabeth

--------------------
aka: Lyme Warrior

In order to do "real" science, you have to have a "real" conversation with nature.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History!

"Just Demand your Rights"

Posts: 869 | From nor - cal | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think all heat contains infrared wavelengths. I'm not sure if a woodburning stove produces infrared wavelengths.

The infrared light on the LightWorks is not very hot, it is warm. You can be exposed to infrared light from the sun but it may be cold outside - like in the winter in cold climates on a sunny day.

-----

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrared

Infrared radiation is popularly known as "heat" or sometimes "heat radiation", since many people attribute all radiant heating to infrared light and/or to all infrared radiation to being a result of heating.

This is a widespread misconception, since light and electromagnetic waves of any frequency will heat surfaces that absorb them.

Infrared light from the Sun only accounts for 49%[8] of the heating of the Earth, with the rest being caused by visible light that is absorbed then re-radiated at longer wavelengths.

Visible light or ultraviolet-emitting lasers can char paper and incandescently hot objects emit visible radiation.

------

Your physical reaction may just be due to heat as opposed to being exposed to infrared wavelengths. You may feel the same effect by going into a regular sauna or steam room without infrared.

Spirochetes cannot live if they are exposed to temperatures about 105 (F) for over 24 hours. People have tried to remove their blood & boil it to get rid of Lyme but it doesn't work.

I don't know if your stove was actually emitting infrared light. It may have just been heat.

-----

I just found this which contradicts what I found on Wikipedia -

http://science.hq.nasa.gov/kids/imagers/ems/infrared.html

Far infrared waves are thermal. In other words, we experience this type of infrared radiation every day in the form of heat!

The heat that we feel from sunlight, a fire, a radiator or a warm sidewalk is infrared.

The temperature-sensitive nerve endings in our skin can detect the difference between inside body temperature and outside skin temperature.

------

I guess it's hard to say!

I'm going to have to think about it.... I think there is a difference between a regular sauna & an infrared sauna, though... Maybe it has to do with the size of the wavelength?

Good question.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lisa,
Lyme is heat sensitive, so if you raise your body temp, some may die off. I had a nice fever for 2 days 2 weeks ago, and I've been feeling better since than I have in the past 4 months. When I was super sick in 96-98 I used to do hot baths, my mom instructed me to raise my body temp to at least 101. I did a lot of other changes too, diet, taking colloidal silver, Coenzyme Q10, and other stuff. But I started getting well (remission) in about 4 months. Of course I was told I had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome back then, so I didn't really know what I was killing or doing.

Just a thought, take care and if it works for you, keep it up!!

Ocean

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for liesandmorelies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Sparkle and Ocean,

Thank you for your comments.

The reason I was thinking it may have been from the stove is that I know there are three types of heat transfer(conduction, convection and radiation).

I knew that the stove was radiant heat i/e infra-red heat, so with all the information going on lately I put two and two together and it just clicked.

Like I said this particular symptom would happen over and over again when I was put in this exact scenario.

It now is making more and more sense to me that something was going on with the Lyme in my body reacting in a huge way to the intense radiant heat.

Let me also clarify that this reaction is not the same as when I go in a hot tub and my heart rate my go up a little bit or I get over heated.(that would be from conduction type heat)....

I am not at all suggesting that people should try this.

This particular room would get extremely hot in a good "radiant" way. I have never had that symptom happen when put into conduction or convection type environments.

This has really sparked an interest in me and I really want to talk to various scentists about it.

At first I thought this was a kooky thought that I was having, now it is making more and more sense to me.

Elizabeth

--------------------

In order to do "real" science, you have to have a "real" conversation with nature.

Posts: 869 | From nor - cal | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is infrared radiation from a wood fire. In a large industrial wood burning boiler you need protective eye wear to protect from the huge amount of infrared radiation.

The redder the fire the more IR it is putting out.

D Bergy

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for liesandmorelies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you D Bergy.... [Smile]

I know the fire that I was sitting in front of night after night was emitting infrared radiation and then boom the symptoms/herx??? Whatever it was, would happen...

So, now I am drawing conclusions as to whether this is like ppl who have herx reactions to lightworks or the Bionic 880.

I know in my case something was definitely happening.

I hope more ppl will chime in????

Elizabeth

--------------------

Ocean
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very neat Elizabeth, I have a fireplace in my house, I LOVE fires...I guess now I have an excuse for my husband to make them more often!

Please, let us know if you find out anything about this!

Take care,
Ocean

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Thank you Ocean!

I will keep you posted if I find out anything else. I am going to keep researching.

Elizabeth

--------------------

Angelica
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love wood fires but just a heads up ticks love firewood and many ticks are very tiny and hard to see. Be careful when collecting or handling fire wood or bringing it into the house.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathy Boss
Member # 3062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathy Boss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, allot has gone on since I have been away.

Looks like another treatment has popped up in Europe. Glad to see it has helped some of you.

I read what my tird eyes would allow me to read tonight.

If I could have one(or serveral) of you email me about your treatment and success in Germany please.

Does this help with inflammation for anyone?

Posts: 1092 | From CA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GraceT
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16558

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GraceT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BuZZing in Head!! [woohoo]

. . . That is exactly what I have for every one of my herxs.

One month ago I experimented via a doctors 880 nm probe upon eight meridian points. That herx hurt like H E L L O and lasted nearly two weeks.

My shakes dissappeared, except for a tad today.

Used LightWorks too much one night - Herxed half the night - all buzz in the head/ears.

Herxing today - GB-4000 set on Eggs/Hatchlings + Detox - Head/ears/neck buzz, ring, tingle.

Detoxing is the hardest to do. Am trying to find Transdermal DMPS now.

Hugg a Stove for me. I miss 'em.

Grace

Posts: 212 | From Arizona | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawnee
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is likely the heat itself. I take hot baths to help me detox (sweat) and I get the same thing every time. I get the internal vibrations without being hot..it's a lyme/co symptom.. .but it definately gets worse when I take my hot steam baths. [Smile] I do think it's killing some off.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Icon 11 posted      Profile for liesandmorelies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dawnee,

That is what I was wondering. If it is actually killing something off. That particular symptom only happens when I was sitting in front of an infrared heat source not the hot shower. That is why I was wondering if it was something more than a symptom, but rather die-off.

Thanks for writing,
Elizabeth

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement