LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Im the biggest idiot out there!! Help!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Im the biggest idiot out there!! Help!!!
Nal
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6801

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Nal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw my ENT yesterday. My MRI was fine (of course). I told him I cant take oral steroids but he thought maybe an injection directly into the ear would be helpful and it wouldn't go systemic. LMD said it was ok so we did it.

Im worse today. The vertigo and nausea are worse! I put a call into both dr's.

Please don't scold me here. I know how bad steroids can be but I was sooooooo desperate for any type of relief! I don't know what to do now? Is there a way to push those steroids out of my system more quickly?

Im so sad and angry. Ive been crying non stop all morning. Why cant something ever help!

Nancy

--------------------
Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% how you respond to it!

-Chuck Swindoll

Posts: 1594 | From Colorado | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
don't put yourself down-i just posted on another thread how i spent 3000 for bath salts from a psychic and over 600 for remedies the homeopath practically assured me wouldn't work as i walked out the door

we are desperate and vulnerable and not thinking right all the time

be gentle with yourself

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its hard not to be hard on yourself at times. I just want to get better. I cant do antibiotics. My system can not handle them and tricare wont pay for iv drugs.

Im starting vestibular therapy next week. Im also having a test to determine if my vestibular nerves are damaged. Joy.

Nancy

--------------------

-Chuck Swindoll

Posts: 1594 | From Colorado | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey dear...

Don't be so hard on yourself! I once believed the men in white coats too.

And I am a really SMART person. Can you believe they actually fooled ME?

[lol]

But really... you need to try new things. If they don't work... that is ashame. BUT ... had it worked... you'd be singing a different tune right now.

The sad part is when someone out there WON'T try to do ALL they can to help themselves.

Hang in there and know that I am praying something will work for you real soon.

Good luck!!!!

[Big Grin]

PS. A chiropractor recently... and again.... helped me with this problem.

PSS... For those who don't know me... I was KIDDING about being smart. Actually my ancestors were oysters and I am ALMOST as smart as they were.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks tincup. You know I knew steroids could be bad but I tried it anyway. Geez!! I guess I thought with it being totally localized in my inner ear that would do the trick.

Someone here once mentioned ginger capsules. Do those only help with the nausea or can they help with vertigo too?

--------------------

-Chuck Swindoll

tally011
Member # 15513

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tally011     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that's terrible...all last year i had terrible ear pressure, so, being desperate, i told the ENT to go ahead and put holes in my eardrums (like they do for those that have chronic ear infections), and for a month and a half afterwords, my hearing was compromised and all i heard was my stupid voice echoing in my ears...absolutely terrible.
Posts: 5 | From Princeton, NJ | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quickly passing through... sharing this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperacusis

Don't know about ginger.. sorry.

But I DO know you aren't the biggest idiot out there. I am researching some mighty stupid ducks right now.. and they take the cake!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

Thats an interesting article tincup, thank you. Ill bring it up next time i see my LMD.

Nancy

--------------------

-Chuck Swindoll

D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ginger does work to a degree and it is anti inflammatory and antibacterial.

Live and learn. I do not think to many people here can claim an error free treatment program. Don't dwell on it. The road to recovery is full of potholes.

D Bergy

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Nal,

I just saw this thread. I had seen mention of your having gotten the shot, but did not know when.

Hey, i did the same thing - but with my foot. A steroid shot really did me in - and I knew beforehand that it might. I was told that the steroids would stay in the foot and not become systemic.

that did not happen.

so, whey my ENT wanted to shoot my ears, I remember what the foot shot had done.

I am so sorry that I did not warn you sufficiently. I thought I might have mentioned just in case the ENT wants to do that as it is often the case.

I assumed that since your lyme doctor ( is he an LLMD?) sent you to that ENT that the ENT would know not to do steroids.

On the flip side, it might have some antinflammatory effects, even still, and for a while yet to come.

AND if you are also on good antimicrobials for the lyme, it might work out okay.

You've been through a lot with your ears and I know its very hard. I do hope this works out soon. I keep going back to ginger capsules and magnesium as they help me so much.

Another supplement, vinpocetine, has helped others. You can find it through www.vrp.com - it does not treat lyme, but helps increase circulation in the head and ears.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

For now I am just following my drs energy treatments and take andrographis plus and ativan. We'll see how the therapy starts to help next week.

--------------------

-Chuck Swindoll

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement