LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Pic line removed----Problems?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pic line removed----Problems?
Kathy Boss
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3062

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Kathy Boss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hoping to find someone on the board that has had a pic line in the past.

Did you have any problems after the removal? Chest pains, shortness of breath?

Posts: 1092 | From CA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't have any symptoms after removal of my PICC line. I'd contact your doctor as chest pains and shortness of breath aren't necessarily a good thing.

I'm not sure if you are treating with oral antibiotics or not....that might be helpful info to know.

Posts: 561 | From mass | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathy Boss
Member # 3062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathy Boss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KS,

Yes, I was hoping something simple would show up. I guess I have no choice. It's a bummer starting this all over again. I have not made a trip to the ER in years.

Thanks for replying.

Posts: 1092 | From CA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curiouser
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curiouser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the chest pains and shortness of breath while the picc was in. It continued on after the picc was pulled.

Turns out I had a pericardial effusion. A round of Rifampin cleared that up quite nicely.

Probably a good idea to talk to your doc about it as soon as possible.

Let us know what happens.

--------------------
If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there. - Lewis Carroll

Posts: 356 | From Body-PA, Mind-elsewhere | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey KB...

Nice to see you.

Sorry about the symptoms. Can you contact the home health care place.. if that is who inserted it and/or removed it?

They may be easier to reach than a doctor at this hour?

I've not experienced those symptoms afterward.. but had an awful time with the picc line while it was in. Pain in the chest and arm and breathing.. or more like trying to catch my breath was a problem.

So do check with a doctor if possible.

Please let us know how you are doing... ok?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathy Boss
Member # 3062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathy Boss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks TC. [hi] Good to hear from ya.

I packed my little bag for the ER and wound up going to bed. I felt much better today but I noticed the pain moves. It is center of my chest and moves the direction the line crossed my chest and down my arm.

Everyone got angry with me for not going to the ER but you know........in other circumstances I've done that and they didn't find anything.

So I'm gun shy. You mention Lyme, co-infections anything like that and you get that deer in the head lights of roll of the eyes.

And it cost money to get that roll of the eyes.

CURI mentioned pericardial effusion. I need to check into that.

I read about inflamation, possible infection, air in the vien (which might be what Curi mentioned) which are all pretty serious.

When it's bad a feel really labored, short breaths and just bad. I promised my family I would go next time.

Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SO glad to hear you are doing better!!

I lost your post somehow or couldn't find it... anyhow.... I was worried about you!!!

And I should lecture you for not going.. but if I wasn't drug there by a heard of oxen.. I wouldn't go either.

HA!

So I can't fuss at you now... can I?

Let us know how you are doing later on... ok?

And note- you are right with all those reasons for not going. That is exactly what happens.

Shame on them!!!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curiouser
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curiouser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You still might want to talk with your doc about getting an echocardiogram or somesuch. Better not to ignore this stuff.

As much as I dislike our local hospital and their ER, I have to give them kudos for taking me seriously whenever I've gone in for something potentially cardiac-related, lyme or not.

Btw, a pericardial effusion is when you get extra fluid between the heart and the lining around it. Can be caused by an infection and is definitely nothing to mess with or ignore.

Please keep us posted. [Smile]

--------------------
If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there. - Lewis Carroll

Posts: 356 | From Body-PA, Mind-elsewhere | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

C is right. Don't ignore this... and hopefully I didn't encourage that.

DO check it out.. but the ER trip was possibly not the forum in which to do that.

You doing ok?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

DebAz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Kathy. I hope your doing well. I have not had a pic line but learned from this post in case I do end up with one...
Ps is your last name really Boss??

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement