LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Happy Thanksgiving All

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving All
2roads
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2roads     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just want to personally extend a warm and loving Happy Thanksgiving to my Lyme family everywhere.

I will be spending a quiet long weekend in Indiana with my husband , two children and mother-in-law dining on turkey and the fixins that I will not cook, but will spend endless hours cleaning up.... [shake]

I wish you all peace,good eats, family and/or friends at the holiday-

Hugs, [group hug]

and kisses [kiss]

Greta

Posts: 2214 | From West Chester, PA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
greta,

thank you for your sincere wishes to us all....

we are home also, but i will go to church and bring home a turkey dinner w/all extra extras. i did make 1 jello/pudding salad today, and will put in frozen pumpkin pie into oven and buns.

i just don't have any energy to do anything! just to make salad and clean my bathroom good wiped me out in 1.5 - 2 hours! then took 3 hr. nap.

may you all have a SAFE holiday with family/loved ones, and we are blessed in iowa with 44 weather!! last year, it was snow/ICE galore! [group hug] [kiss]

http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=WQ26144948

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
astriapage
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for astriapage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same for me-cookies from a mix.

Hope everyone has a great day a TAKES ONE DAY TO GIVE GOD THANKS FOR ALL HE HAS GIVEN US-EVEN THOUGH RIGHT NOW ITS A BAD HAND!

Posts: 303 | From Jekyll Island, GA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17210

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Turkey day to all!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone has a great and safe holiday!

Posts: 117 | From Winston Salem NC | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jenny76
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jenny76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!! Hope you all enjoy!! [Smile]

Jenny

--------------------
Never, Never, Never give up!

Posts: 395 | From Connecticut | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the sincere thoughts on this special day. The same back to all of you!

Truth be known....

It is still rather early... I am already having TOO MUCH FUN.

All my family is either out of state.. or hunting and staying in cold campers on other farms.... and I find myself alone here today.

But.. don't you dare feel badly about the fact I am alone... I sure don't!

After years and years of shopping, cooking and cleaning up... for an average of 15-30 people...

I'm FREE! HOT DIGGITY DAWGS!!!

My specially picked out Thanksgiving menu for ME will be...

Water mellon for breakfast, steamed shrimp for lunch, a lamb steak for supper... and peach ice cream for desert.

And Jimmy Buffet will be the entertainment.

Isn't life grand!

[lol]

Happy Turkey to all... and most of all....

Have FUN!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TC peach ice cream was one of my favorites before all the abx and needing to cut out sugar and milk.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all too.

I was invited to several thanksgiving get togethers which was nice.

But, my health is not up to it yet.

so, the Elks' club is supposed to be bringing a thanksgiving dinner over. I have no idea when they are coming.

Or if it will be something I can eat.

Like TC. I am OK with being here safe, quiet and peaceful like.

I may cook some fresh cranberries sweetened with aguave if I am up to it.

When I go shopping next week, I most likely will get a yam to bake.

Hoping I will be able to do some Christmas Cards today or at least a letter.

A friend from out of state visited earlier this week and brought me some Christmas Cards. I was going to by pass sending out Christmas cards this year, but since she got me some...guess I will at least do that part of Christmas.

Raining here today. May get snow..but too warm right now for snow.

Mostly will be resting and eating. Did a bad job of eating yesterday. A small watermelon and some popcorn which gives me a head ache.

But, did a good job of forced resting yesterday.

A neighbor brought me a movie that is very good she said and 6 hours long. So, I just might watch it.

I think it has to do with Australia and history.

I am just hoping this head stuff lets up today.

I put the rest of the popcorn packages on the free table upstairs so I will not be tempted to eat it.

I didn't want to let my friend know that stuff is not good for me to eat when she brought it.

And I was hoping I would be able to handle it since it has been a long time since I tried it.

Went for our early morning walk in the forest this am.

Good way to start the day. it wasn't raining when I started out. Pouring down rain on the way back.

Clothes were soaked. Could have used a bar of soap and taken an outdoor shower and rinse and washed clothes at the same time.

Car no longer needs washing either which is good. It was covered with dust from being on a dusty road earlier this week.

Friend picked up boxes in hall way and helped me put laundry away in bedroom. so I now can see the floor in the hallway and in the bedroom.

She also put boxes away that were on the patio. Just in time as they would have been soaked by now.

So, I can now see the floor on the patio.

Sent note off to Salvation Army that I got from Physical Therapy place.

Salvation Army may provide water therapy for me for 7 months.

Waiting to see if it works out. PT place lowered price too which helped.

Salvation Army Director suggested a membership to a gym to help me out.

Can't do a gym but can do the quiet water therapy pool. PT has a new building in progress....not sure when it will be open. But, it is across the street from me.

So, I can just get in power chair and cruise on over and back.

I am yammering this am. I do that when I take excedrin extra strength and am trying to take my mind off of the head pressure.

Time for breakfast now.

If I were well, I would be having pumpkin pie for breakfast tomorrow adn whipped cream.

I can eat a whole pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving Day if there is one in the house.

Saw one that was sugar free and gluten free at the health food store. Wished I had purchased it now.

Got to put whatever I should not be eating when the Elk's dinner comes on the free table as if it is on my plate I most likely will eat it and then feel sick later.

Don't need that.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement