LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Full of toxins. Been detoxing but getting worse?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Full of toxins. Been detoxing but getting worse?
Nal
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok I know some of you don't believe in muscle testing and energy treatments for Lyme and such. However its been the only thing working for me in the last 5 years.

Many of you know I have had severe vertigo for 3 weeks now. did a steroid shot in my right ear and vertigo got worse (I am so stupid).

Lyme dr has been treating me. He has found several different things wrong (inflamation, compromised immune system, molds, etc). The biggest thing has been toxins. He does energy treatments and these treatments give off toxins. The last two days he has treated me 5 different times for toxins that have been sky high!!

I feel awful. I thought I would feel better but I dont. Im getting chills, increased dizziness, nervousness, etc. We keep treating and my toxin load is sky high (he muscle tests me and my numbers have been in the 700's)

Is it normal to feel so sick when detoxing?? Im doing lemon water and salt water like he suggested. What else can I do??

Nancy

--------------------
Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% how you respond to it!

-Chuck Swindoll

Posts: 1594 | From Colorado | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been through something very similar. So sorry you are dealing with this.

Yes, it's normal to feel very sick when detoxing. Try detoxing for different issues. Ask your doctor about it.

Intracellular matrix
Use drainage remedies - Pekana or some other brand of homeopathic specifically made for this. This was very important for me and made a big difference.

Biotoxins
Cholestyramine or some other toxin binder - you will need to research this to get it right if your doctor does not already know about it.

Heavy metal detox
The bugs release heavy metals when they die. Some will be reabsorbed if you don't have something on board to bind and remove them.

Liver detox
Supplement for phase one and phase 2.

When I felt at my worst, my liver enzymes were very elevated so keep an eye on them.

If you still feel toxic after addressing these things consider methylation genetic testing. Some of us cannot detox properly because we have mutations that make it harder. You can use certain supplements to open the pathway.

Hope you feel better soon.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. Ill look into those. Im thinking too that I am having some kind of herxing reaction. I mean my toxin counts have been sky high!! I know the treatments work cuz I feel them working but then I get really sick.

Today I had chills so bad, felt like my legs were full of lead and I wanted to die! My LMD had me come in right away again and he treated me-again in the office. My toxin loads are just so high.

Ill ask him about that test too when I see him again on Monday. Now I will count my blessings on one thing. My LMD is fabulous. He has no trouble coming in to see my on the weekends and squeezes me into his schedule every chance he gets. Today he treated me 3 different times! Not too many dr's would be willing to do that.

Nancy

--------------------

-Chuck Swindoll

Posts: 1594 | From Colorado | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

Would those detox pads that you put on your feet help at all? Im drinking water like a fish now too. Also I had a glass of water and added a pinch of salt to it like my dr said to try. Now I feel drained and tired.

Why do we have to feel worse to get better?

--------------------

-Chuck Swindoll

TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nal wrote:
I am having some kind of herxing reaction.

Yes, herxing is due to die off from killing the bacteria. These are the toxins that you are trying to get rid of.

The reason that some of us have so many symptoms is because we have great difficulty getting rid of the toxins from the normal life cycle of the bug and from killing the bacteria with abx or other treatments.

Some of us have HLA genotype where we don't make the antibodies to get rid of mycotoxins (from mold) and toxins from borrelia. I have both issues - methylation mutations and the dreaded HLA genotype.

My understanding is that most of the symptoms are due to the toxins.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

The detox foot pads help when my hips and legs hurt but you would want to research the brand to make sure it is a good brand. I follow the better health guy's recommendations.

Enter into google
better health guy foot pads

They will help some but you probably need to do specific detox for whatever your weaknesses are.

Yes, I wish we didn't have to feel worse to get better. It's one reason why some people never get better. Too hard. Not for the faint of heart, literally.

Sounds like you have a very caring lyme doc.

Terry

Nal
Member # 6801

Ill look into the foot pads. I still cant believe I was stupid enough to try a steroid shot for my vertigo. I guess i was just so desperate for relief that I was willing to try anything.

--------------------

-Chuck Swindoll

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Are you taking antibiotics?

Did you before or at the time of the steroid shot in your ear?

If not, are you taking any other anti-spirochetal medicine that specifically targets the lyme?

Is your lyme doctor following ILADS treatment guidelines in addition to the complementary treatments?

If not, you may need something that directly addresses the spirochete.

According to lyme experts (especially Burrascano), it is best, when possible (if steroids are needed in a life-saving measure - or hearing or vision treatment) to pre-treat with specific abx 48 hours prior to the steroids, during and after.

Even afterward - maybe switching the meds may be of help if the lyme has been activated.

While not necessary antispirochetal in and of itself, sarsaparilla will help bind endotoxins and has been used for centuries with spirochetal infections. It is usually part of a combination approach.

-

[ 30. November 2008, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Binding agents are:
Chlorella (search here)
Betasitosterol - eat lots of potatoes--- the betasitosterol is made from potatoes
Take some charcoal tablets; take more if miserable
Red or Himalayan salt - which contains many minerals - add a little to your drinking water
Be sure you add absorbable minerals away from charcoal
Grated apples with skin and add pectin powder to it. Or chop them in a blender with some water or juice and add pectin - eat that every day
Lots of fiber
Strawberries
Liver and kidney support

Sometimes you have to slow down the detoxing if the body gets too stressed.

Avoid constipation.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Radha
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Radha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does anyone know if i can buy the pekana remedies

without a prescription and where i can buy them?

thanks

Radha

Posts: 392 | From New York | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nal, You need stronger detoxing help than I have seen recommended so far.

IVs of glutathione were my salvation. Glutathione is produced naturally by our bodies and is found in every cell with a heavy concentration in our liver and lungs. Its sole purpose is to detoxify. Studies have found that elderly people who are healthy have high levels of glutathione and chronically ill people of any age have very low levels. See the article linked below.

http://www.vrp.com/articles.aspx?page=LIST&ProdID=1181&qid=&zTYPE=2

Currently my doctor has me on a lot of herbal detox combinations as well as glutathione suppositories. She says the suppositories are as good as the IVs. They are half the cost and 10 times the convenience and I plan to take them for life.

Detoxing me got me out of all pain and now I tolerate killing the offenders just fine.

I also eat a very healthy detoxifying diet and stay away from toxic foods that have additives and preservatives. Pretty much any food that came out of a manufacturing plant does not go into my body.

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mojo
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take chlorella, MSM, LiverCare (by Himalaya) and sometimes Milk Thistle. I also drink a lot of pure water and make sure I eat a PH balanced diet (more alkaline)

My infrared sauna is my best friend. The more I use it the better I feel.

Lately I use it for 40 minutes 3 to 4 times per week trying for 4 to 5 times per week. You can purchase one on Ebay for under $200 delivered.

If you are real toxic you should start very slow.

I've done Lymph Node Drainage therapy, too, and it was very effective. There are a few hundred people trained to use the following device:

http://www.arcturusstar.com/Lymphstar.php

Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karatelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An Epsom Salt bath (Magnesium Sulfate) really helps me when detoxing. I use 1/2 carton but everybody is different and you may need less). I also add baking soda.

Because I get the water so hot, I place a fan (not near the water of course) where it blows on my face. That helps a lot!

I have found an investment in an infrared sauna is priceless for detoxing. I use mine also for about 40 minutes 4 or 5 times a week.

Also, drink lots and lots of fresh lemon water (I put Stevia in it). I cut a lemon in 4ths and fill up a cup with ice, 1/4th lemon, Stevia and water. It will help you detox. Bob got me doing that regularly as I was only doing it sporatically. I end up using 1 lemon a day.

If you can't get the IV glutathione as Luvs suggested, you can use the suppository glutathione. I ordered mine off the Internet.

Hope you feel better soon. I'm going through the same thing. It is not fun.

Sandy

Posts: 686 | From Northeast Georgia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mandy614
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mandy614     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where can I get the glutathione suppository online? I am doing intranasal spray and don't like it.
Posts: 348 | From maryland | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karatelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got mine at:

https://store.kelatoxpro.com/p-105-reduced-glutathione-suppositories-30-count.aspx

Posts: 686 | From Northeast Georgia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Helpful hint: Don't put the suppositories in right out of the refrigerator - yikes! [dizzy]
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Well, that could cool things down a bit, eh? But won't they melt if you don't ?

And - should one lie down for a while right afterward or will the ingredients in that all sort of stay in place? (she asked, gingerly.)

I'm fixin' to finally do this myself. So glad Luvs and Karate Lady reminded me.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Keebler,

I've had mine for awhile in the fridge and forgot about them. Then Bob mentioned glutathione to me and I remembered.

No, if you leave them out for awhile, they don't crumble.

The first time I did one, I had cramps but haven't had that trouble since (so maybe the reason was the cold).

I don't lie down or anything. They feel like they are going to come out but they don't and the feeling doesn't last long. I sort of "tighten up" after I put it in and it seems to help move it on up. Oh, fun-fun!

Sandy

Nal
Member # 6801

Dr is going to try and treat me again today. Now my eyes hurt, head is spinning, you name it. I cant take antibiotics. Thats why I have to do natural treatments. Im allergic to penicillin and we discovered I am allergic to most other types of antibiotics as well.

It sucks. Youd think I could just simply take a medication like doxycycline and such to help but I simply cant.

I did go back on the andrographis (sp?) and will be going back on my detox supplements from metagenics (advaclear)

I know things will die off again soon. I just need to hang in there. Its just rough.

Nancy

--------------------

-Chuck Swindoll

TerryK
Member # 8552

Rahda asked:
does anyone know if i can buy the pekana remedies
without a prescription and where i can buy them?

Yes you can. I get them here because they have the best prices that I've found to date.
http://www.naturalhealinghouse.com/homeopathics.htm

You will have to have a free phone consult with the doctor the first time you order.

Here is another company that sells them with a free phone consult.
http://shoppingcart.purehealthsystems.com

Just a warning. Some of us have sulfur issues so adding a lot of sulfur based supplements can further burden our system and make more toxins for us to get rid of.

Here are some supplements that are sulfur based.
Epson salt baths
MSM
glutathione
alpha lipoic acid
whey

Nal - I thought I was allergic to penicillin most of my life. Turns out I was having a herx reaction. I'm not allergic based on testing that my LLMD had done on me. Have you had actual lab testing for abx allergies or could it be that you are having a herx reaction?
Terry

seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nal,

How many andrographis are you taking? Might want to lower the dose. That is one of the hardest of the Buhner herbs for many people to take.

The most hubby ever got up to was 4 capsules per day. This was when he was only doing herbs as we had run out of money for IV antibiotics.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

Yep lab tests confirm an allergy to antibiotics. Ill lower the dose on the andrographis.

Nancy

--------------------

-Chuck Swindoll

tickalert
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickalert     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincups detox tea. Do a search, I've done it and it's fantastic.
Posts: 911 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You may want to try nutritional clay that you can take internally or psylium seeds. There are also alot of bowel cleanser preparations you can get at a health food store.

Some people like coffee enemas but it was a bit weird for me. I may try them again some time...

You need to absorb the toxins so you can eliminate them.

The other things people mentioned are very good, too.

I was also taking a drug called Welchol which is similar to chlorestramine in some ways (I believe). My doctor told me to take it & eat something with fat in it about 30 or 40 minutes after.

I also used green tea, too. I was really craving it for some reason.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

My LMD treated me again today. My toxin loads keep going up and not down. Im drinking so much lemon and lime water I could puke. He also told me to add Emergen C to my water so we started doing that. Ill be back in his office tomorrow.

Im going to ask him about the one test here that was mentioned as well and the glutathione.

Thanks guys for all the help.

--------------------

-Chuck Swindoll

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement