LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Samento and clinical trial information and results

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Samento and clinical trial information and results
DebAz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.ei-resource.org/illness-information/related-conditions/lyme-disease/

On the bottom of the page you will find the following. The page has other good information too. But this clinical trial info was very interesting. Are most of you taking this>??

Samento - An exciting new natural antibacterial for the treatment of Lyme disease. Samento is also known as TOA-free Cat's Claw or Pentacyclic Alkaloid Chemotype Uncaria tomentosa, to give it it's scientific name. This rare form of the Cat's Claw plant contains pentacyclic oxindole alkaloids (POA's) that have powerful immune system modulating properties, especially relating to non-specific and cellular immunity. What makes Samento special is that it does not contain tetracyclic oxindole alkaloids (TOA's) that, even in very small amounts, inhibit this immune modulating action. Samento also contains generous amounts of acid glycosides, the antimicrobial chemicals found in the latest quinolone antibiotic drugs, the standard treatment for Lyme disease. The combination of POA's and acid glycosides appears to be highly effective in treating Lyme disease by directly killing off the Borrelia burgdorferi spirochete, and increasing the patients immune response and hence resistance, to the pathogen. In an 8 month pilot study, 28 patients suffering from chronic Lyme disease, who had all tested positive for Borrelia burgdorferi on the Western blot test, were split into 2 groups. The control group received standard antibiotic therapy and the experimental group was given Samento. At the end of the study, of the 14 patients in the control group, 3 improved slightly, 3 got worse and the rest had no change. In the Samento group, 85% tested negative for Borrelia burgdorferi when the Western blot was repeated, and all the patients reported a large improvement in their condition (4).

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annxyz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found it to make very little difference and know of no one personally who had spectacular
or remarkable results .

--------------------
ANNXYZ

Posts: 744 | From Mineola | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an email lyme friend that has been taking it and seeing improvement.

She also takes abx.

She has been taking it a long time.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ajisuun
Unregistered

I took it for a while with no discernible results, so when the bottle finished I didn't rush to get another.

After a few months of not taking it, I started taking it again. That time I had a definite herx reaction and after taking it for about a month, my joint pain was gone.

Now, a year later, my joint pain is still gone and I still take it.

massman
Unregistered

I have personally known some Amish people, mostly younger, who have taken it and done very well.
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just ordered two bottles at 26 bucks a bottle. it was on sale.

i've got to try something other than antibiotics.

i'll let you know how it goes.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even at small doses this stuff made me very sick. I presume I was herxing heavily. I took it for many months and was sick the whole time and never got back to where I was until I started heavier detox, specifically for biotoxins.

I was also taking detox supplements at the time but didn't know that I have the HLA type where I don't make antibodies to get rid of the toxins.

Personally, I think it is very powerful.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Met with my LLMD today and she has me starting the CBNS protocol. C=Cumanda B=Burber N=Noni S=Samento

She warned that either or both the Noni & Samento could elicit a very strong reaction and I am to start very slow and back up whenever I flare up.

She said this Noni is many, many times stronger than Noni juice.

I'll let you know.

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement