LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Dull Dead Skin on Face .. Looking like the walking dead

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dull Dead Skin on Face .. Looking like the walking dead
DebAz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else..since being sick.. Most of the time I can tell my skin just sits and does not regerate or heal itself and my face has really been bothering me. Very rarely I will have day or so where I can tell something has kicked in and my face feels so much better. For the most part it is dull and splotchy and dry and yucky and no matter what treatments or how much attention I give my face if the skin is acting dead I am looking like the walking dead. Yuck.!
As a woman who used to have radient skin and always complimented and told how I look so young and my skin so smooth and special. >> Now I know this is NOT the most important thing.. Yes I know.> But it is all connected and is a reminder of how sick our bodies are ....
I can guage at times if something is working I am trying on how my face looks even if I do not feel well.. It is interesting.. for me.
How about any of you?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DebAz
Unregistered

Well this is kinda funny . i was given some advice to drink coconut oil and... well . it is sitting here as I am discouraged about my skin.. So I am rubbing it all over my face and hands... and then I read: Nice.. at least I might feel better for now or maybe this will be my best skin care regimin..!!

http://www.coconut-connections.com/skin_care.htm

The ideal lotion is one that is made from an oil that not only softens the skin, but protects it against damage, promotes healing and gives it a more youthful, healthy appearance. Coconut oil fits that description. Pure virgin coconut oil is the best natural ingredient for skin lotion available. It prevents destructive free-radical formation and provides protection against them. It can help to keep the skin from developing liver spots, and other blemishes caused by aging and over exposure to sunlight. It helps to keep connective tissues strong and supple so that the skin doesn't sag and wrinkle. In some cases it might even restore damaged or diseased skin. The oil is absorbed into the skin and into the cell structure of the connective tissues, limiting the damage excessive sun exposure can cause.

glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use St Ives Apricot Scrub which helps exfoliate dead skin. Also coconut oil is great. the other thing you can use is a good bronzer like estee Lauder or one that you like.

These are all inexpensive items as well.

It all helps. I know when I look better it definitely helps.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FancyRatFan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FancyRatFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Debaz,

I have used coconut oil but found Shea really does the trick for me.

If it wasn't for "Grade A" 100 percent pure Shea Butter I'd have leather for skin. It has done wonders for my skin.

I've tried many different types of Shea butter but quality is an issue. Now I buy it from a place that has certified Grade A.

http://patricia-anns.com/

Fancy

Posts: 258 | From San Diego, CA USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love coconut oil. You can get a really good deal on it at www.iherb.com.

Your skin is an outward sign of what is going on inside you. Do you have a juicer? Fresh vegetable juicing is a superior way to rejuvenate your body and it will show up in your skin. This gets vitamins and nutrients directly into your bloodstream and to your cells.

When I started juicing, everyone began complimenting my skin.

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clairenotes
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with luvs, that it is only a reflection of what is going on inside. Coconut oil/milk can help. Juicing is a good idea also.

You might also find this symptom improving with the increase in salt and emergen C, which may help your body pull in more water, allowing more hydration. When I increased salt in my diet, this was the result.

It is an unfortunate reality that appearances do matter here, especially for women, so of course this leads to some anxiety when we lose control of some of that when ill. Just take some deep breaths, stay grounded until it returns, because it will.

Claire

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DebAz
Unregistered

Thanks for the replys. I have juiced on and off but mostly was blending and drinking the juice along with all the rest. I have slowed down and you know how hard it can be too keep up with some things and do it as much as we should along with everything else.

But I know your right.

Interesteing about the salt and c comment and as I continue that maybe I will see something ..

I know when I am herxing the skin is extra bad.

So i know I need to go through some of it but on some days yikes.. I can look so old and ragged and it is frustrating to feel it and look it all at once..

Somedays i am good an hiding it but It takes me about 4 hours to take my bath and do my hair and get dressed and do stuff to my whole body such as srubs and adding mosturizers and then some make up on top of that of course most days...

And well it is tiring and it takes that time because my skin settles into the day even I noticed and needs that time and I have sweats and hot flashes just when I get dressed just by expelling that small energy I am dripping and then I have to start over or wait until I kinda dry up from that..

Wow what an ordeal right/?

THANks for the support. and Listening as always.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement