LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » My CD57 is normal, does that rule out Lyme?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My CD57 is normal, does that rule out Lyme?
Wonko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18318

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Wonko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess the subject sums up my Q. I got the result in the mail that my CD57 is 104.

I'm still waiting for my W. blot results, but if anyone can help me understand the significance of the CD57 in the meantime, I'd appreciate it!

Posts: 455 | From Was in PA, then MD, now in the Midwest | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gemofnj
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gemofnj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD says its a marker for lyme and it indicates how severe lyme has impacted your immune system.

She says if it is low, you need to boost your immune system so that it can get to the point of fighting the lyme off instead of taking abx.

She feels that your level should be at least 120 before going off abx altogether. This process can take a long time.

If your level is in the normal range, you can still have lyme and coinfections.

What are your symptoms? What did you LLMD say about your CD results?

Posts: 1127 | From atlantic city, nj | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
absolutely not

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonyp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tonyp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My experience with Cd 57 is 2 tests. My Cd57 was recently 110 and a couple of months ago it was 140. I am at 75 % range of health and still have issues.

My LLMD says that Cd57 is not necessarily a Lyme Market only. We do not know if other diseases impact Cd57.

Lyme and co-infections are dx by clinical symptoms.

Having said all that, it is still a indicator. Are you feeling better ?

--------------------
Dx 3/2008 Pos. WB and Bart- igenex
Levequin 500 mg March 2008
Amox 6000 mg - May 2008
Doxy 400 mg - June - oct
Biaxin and Flagly 1000 each, oct-dec
Zitro, Malarone and Flagly Jan - feb
Remission for 6 months
Relapse Sept 2009 zithro/flagyl

Posts: 130 | From canada | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cass A
Member # 11134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cass A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what my LLMD tells me, this means that you definitely have Lyme. Whether or not it is your MAJOR problem is another question. My husband's CD 57 is 140, while mine is 46. We both test positive for Lyme. I'm being actively treated for Lyme and co-infections, while my husband has a different treatment plan.

Best,

Cass A

Posts: 1245 | From Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1Bitten2XShy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine was 360, 2 years ago. That is the highest in the ranges. Some think with a higher CD57 score that co's maybe more of the issue.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JillF
Member # 5553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JillF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think mine was 140 when i was tested

my llmd here in md said that it meant i no longer had lyme and she would no longer continue to treat me. apparently, the symptoms i was being treated for for lyme/coinfections were no longer due to lyme and she wanted me to see dr s on the eastern shore for mold toxicity

it's odd to me that a llmd would tell me to go see another doctor (for symptoms she had said were due to lyme that suddenly were not due to lyme due to the cd 57 result) and told me not to tell this doctor she was sending me to that i had been treated for lyme because he did not believe in lyme disease

Posts: 1485 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiden424
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aiden424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does Quest labs do a different CD57 test? I looked back at the one I had done last spring and my CD57 was 11. My doctor, not my LLMD, said it was good.

Kathy

--------------------
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Posts: 807 | From South Dakota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My CD57 was 158 about 4 months ago and I am still ill with the disease. I think my main problem is detoxing and not being able to take many abx due to my slow detoxing.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With CD 57 > 100, look to Bartonella, Babesia, etc. At those levels, Borrelia is likely not the priority. May be there, but probably not the biggest bang for the buck w/r/t treatment.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gemofnj
Member # 15551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gemofnj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by aiden424:
[QB] Does Quest labs do a different CD57 test? I looked back at the one I had done last spring and my CD57 was 11. My doctor, not my LLMD, said it was good.

aiden,

lapcorp invented the test and they are the best and reliable lab for cd 57. the normal range is over 60 but not greater than 200.

Posts: 1127 | From atlantic city, nj | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wonko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wonko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone. I know I need to wait and see how my W. blot comes back, and I know my LLMD ordered a whole bunch of tests, and I know that I already have a clinical diagnosis.

I got the CD57 results in the mail and it just opened up some doubt.

Thanks for helping me stay (sorta) sane!

Posts: 455 | From Was in PA, then MD, now in the Midwest | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peacemama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peacemama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My quest Cd-57 was 161. My labcorp was 72 (done on a friday) and 30 on a wednesday (with immediate ship out to begin the test).

I think the day of the week matters at Labcorp. Everywhere else is just not worth doing.

Posts: 564 | From Tick Hell | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement