LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I'm starting to feel really hopeless

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm starting to feel really hopeless
Fordace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fordace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so tired of this crap and it's only been just

over 2 years. The Neuro is the worst.

My girlfriend wants to get married and have kids.

I'm 10 years older than her, and I'm thinking

things are not looking good for me anytime soon.

I just feel I'm never going to get better.

I think I will go back on the IV AGAIN, damn-it !

Sorry, but, I can't even read all these

technical posts anymore, it's just too much for

me. I don't know HOW some of you can even write

them. I guess you don't have nervous system lyme

like me? Not being able to think straight is the

worst part for me. Just venting, so tired of

this disease at this point........ [Frown]

Posts: 208 | From Hudson Valley, New York | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parisa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Parisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fordace,

I can feel your frustration. You'd love to be able to say, sure let's get married, have kids and live happily ever after. However, this dang disease has a way of stealing optimism and the joy of everyday living.

Maybe you need to go back on IV or switch to another combo. I hope things starting turning around again for you soon.

Posts: 984 | From San Diego | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zebco 33
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zebco 33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fordace....I'm so sorry your feeling crappy..I'll put you at the top of my prayer list tonight. It is our Holy Spirit that strengthens us in the hour of trial and gives us the power to overcome. I pray you can go forward into tomorrow confident of your angels presence..I pray they guide you and guard you and make the next day better than today...sleep well...Connie [group hug]
Posts: 145 | From Paris, Tn. | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fordace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fordace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you
Posts: 208 | From Hudson Valley, New York | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thane
Member # 18480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fordace, I used to have pretty severe cognitive problems but they have improved a great deal. I used to peruse these forums but could hardly see through my blurry, burning eyes, and just couldn't concentrate, in short, i understand your situation completely. The trick for me was a particular liver support herbal supplement. Now i know there are a million supplements you could take but this supplement alone is responsible for more immediate improvement than anything else I have tried. I did a video blog about it at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72b3FWW2aII
I hope this helps.

Posts: 21 | From Minneapolis | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wimenin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wimenin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear you. When I feel well...I enjoy life, activities, family, nature, hobbies, etc... but when I feel pain (headaches, nausea, anxiety, joints, oddities)... then I dwell on the fact that its been over 2 years of my life lost to this disease. Its hard not to fall back into the depression mode...but you need to simply keep pushing on, and pray that the next day will be better.
Posts: 514 | From . | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thane said:

quote:
Fordace, I used to have pretty severe cognitive problems but they have improved a great deal. I used to peruse these forums but could hardly see through my blurry, burning eyes, and just couldn't concentrate, in short, i understand your situation completely. The trick for me was a particular liver support herbal supplement. Now i know there are a million supplements you could take but this supplement alone is responsible for more immediate improvement than anything else I have tried. I did a video blog about it at
I hope this helps.

Thane is on the right track here. Fordace, I believe you have brain inflammation. Supporting your liver is one good step in detox. You may need even more.

Another one that is really good for the brain is Vit D3. Research has found that every cell in our brain has a receptor for vitamin d. That means Vit D is vital to the brain's function.

Vit D is anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant. 30 mins in summer sun each day should give you adequate doses of Vit D.

However, unless you live in hot southern regions, fall winter and spring sunlight is too weak to give us adequate Vit D.

The RDA (recommended daily allowance)for healthy people is 2000 IU of Vit D3 (not other forms of D). I have rheum. arthritis and for RA, 5000 IU.

You could try supplementing 2000IU. It is very inexpensive and can be purchased at healthfood stores. 2000 IU is the minimum amount. Try it and see if your cognitive functions improve. Try the liver support too.

Eating mostly cruciferous vegetables is a very good anti-inflammatory diet. Dairy, eggs, meat are inflammatory foods. Don't go anywhere near sugar or excitotoxins (food additives). Excitotoxins are particularly disruptive to the brain.

You may experience significant improvement by just trying these simple changes and supplements.

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im there with you. I really am. I severely depressed right now too which isn't helping things at all. I am doing a lot of detoxing and it helps some but the toxins just keep building back up.

Its hard. I am married, have 3 kids and ive fought this dam disease for 9 years now. Some days I feel great and thing "good, its getting better" only to hit again really hard a couple days later.

Hang in there. Just know you aren't alone.

Nancy

--------------------
Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% how you respond to it!

-Chuck Swindoll

Posts: 1594 | From Colorado | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fordace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14874

quote:
Originally posted by Thane:
I hope this helps.

THANE, I watched all your videos on the "tube" and all I have to say is, wow....I hope you steadily get better, you have my thoughts and prayers....Rich

luvs2ride
going to take your advice, is there something specific for the liver other than what Thain has mentioned. I don't know if I will be able to find what he said in his video, maybe on the web....Rich

Thanks EVERYONE for your comments [Smile]

luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take Liver PF by Jarrow. I take one capsule with 3 meals a day. I also take 600mg of NAC each day. That is one capsule. It is a precursor to glutathione. Glutathione is really essential and most chronically ill people are really low in it. It supports the liver's detoxification.

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timaca
Member # 6911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timaca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please get tested for a few other pathogens such as HHV-6, EBV, chlamydia pneumonia (cpn) and mycoplasma pneumonia. If you do a search on lymenet for viral testing using my member number you will find a link that may help you.

It is totally possible to have more than one pathogen making you ill.

I have made signifcant progress treating both viral and bacterial pathogens.

Best, Timaca

Posts: 2872 | From above 7,000 ft in a pine forest | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thane
Member # 18480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fordace, Thanks for the well wishes, you can purchase the "free and easy Wanderer" online by doing a search for it, pretty easy, i think $8.99
I wish you the best

Posts: 21 | From Minneapolis | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fordace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14874

I think the Neurotoxins were getting the best of me. I'm feeling a little better, going to appeal my IV denial by AETNA if you've seen my other thread.

Been taking "garden of life" Super seed, beyond fiber. Super Chlorella, allicin garlic, Turmeric, jarrows liver PF tiox guard, milk thistle, resveratrol, D3, lots of high end probiotics.....

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PLease come join us on www.lymefriends.com. YOu will find lots of support and many specialized groups addressing some of your concerns.

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bwillis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18811

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bwillis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hopelessness seems to be the one symptom everyone has. Sometimes I read everyone's problems and think "no one ever gets any better". Maybe I won't either ---but you have two choices, live and fight and some day get better or quit fighting, stop living and you'll never know if you could have done it. I think there are many many people who are being treated and getting better, they aren't so inclined to write here, I probably won't when I get better (And I will --someday) but for now take the abx and meds and keep thinking---maybe tomorrow I'll feel better.
Posts: 199 | From utah | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement