LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » My First Christmas in Heaven

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My First Christmas in Heaven
Peedie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15355

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Peedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all.
My dad and mother-in-law died within 2 months of each other 4 1/2 years ago.

My mom's good friend sent this to her and she read it to all at Christmas dinner.

It helped us to remember that our loved ones are in a better place, surrounding us with love in place of sadness. Especially during the holidays when we miss them most. Peace to All. -p

My First Christmas in Heaven

I see the countless Christmas trees

Around the world below

With tiny lights, like Heaven's stars

Reflecting in the snow.

The sight is so spectacular,

Please wipe away the tear

For I am spending Christmas with

Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs

That people hold so dear

But the sounds of music can't compare

With the music choir up here.

I have no words to tell you,

The joy their voices bring.

For it is beyond description

To hear the Angels sing.

I know how much you miss me

I see the pain inside your heart.

But I am not so far away,

We really aren't apart.

So be happy for me, dear ones,

You know I hold you dear.

And be glad that I am spending Christmas with,

Jesus Christ this year.

I sent you each a special gift,

From my heavenly home above,

I sent you each memory of my undying Love.

After all, Love is a gift more precious

Than pure gold

It was always most important

In the stories Jesus told.

Please Love and keep each other

As my Father said to do.

For I can't count the blessings or Love

He has for each of you.

So have a Merry Christmas,

And wipe away the tear.

Remember, that I am spending Christmas with

Jesus Christ this year.

Posts: 641 | From So. CA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timaca
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timaca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. I lost my dad this year, and this was meaningful to me.

Timaca

Posts: 2872 | From above 7,000 ft in a pine forest | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<<<<< Peedie >>>>>,

Thank You for posting this poem.

My Mom died this year the day before Mothers day. She is spending her first Christmas in Heaven! I miss her but I know she will never ever be in pain again!

<<<<< Timaca >>>>>, May You have peace this Holiday season!

Love from Silverwolf

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beverly
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 1271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice poem, thank you for posting it.

My Mom is getting up there almost 70, I sure hope she doesn't go soon tho. I would miss her terribly.

I am so sorry for all of your losses.

--------------------
God Bless You! Everything..is just my opinion.

Posts: 6638 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fordace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fordace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my mom passed two years to the day....miss her...

Hi "Momma Dear".... [Frown]

Posts: 208 | From Hudson Valley, New York | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this wonderful poem is in my online poem collection with the many sympathy ones in case others need a few to cheer them up this holiday without your precious loved ones!

``SYMPATHY'' POEM COLLECTION by Betty G

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=014207

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peedie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15355

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Peedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks BettyG
Merry Christmas!
-p

Posts: 641 | From So. CA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tmmort
Member # 14013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tmmort     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesom poem! I just lost my Dad 4 weeks ago and I found this poem so comforting.

Thanks!

Posts: 69 | From fort collins, co | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when i first got this 2-4 years ago, my closest friend's died suddenly, and his funeral was the day after christmas.

i took it that day but didn't ask their priest to read it; he saw it at luncheon and commented it would have been perfect for the service!

i gave copies to her and his grown kids!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a great poem...brought a tear to my eye. It is always helpful to realize that dying is not an end in itself, but the beginning of an end to suffering for many (some would argue to all).
Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement