LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone's depression/rage better with treatment?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone's depression/rage better with treatment?
luluMN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luluMN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG I feel like my husband's rage..depression (!)..temper/aggitation...emotionless...and did I say depression is NEVER going to get any better?

Anyone else?

He's been off/on abx for a year and now has been rifing for about 3 months..

He is so up and down, and it is so hard to live with.

Has anyone actual improved of these symptoms?

Truly how much more can we take?

Help,
Laura

Posts: 232 | From MN | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
polar blast
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9142

Icon 1 posted      Profile for polar blast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
your husband has not in my opinion been treated long enough or on the right meds..you need an llmd that is hands on..he needs to know where the anger is coming from and to try to stop it before it gets bad..
Posts: 593 | From long island ny | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ihatelyme
Member # 16309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got better. Part becaus of the treatment from abx. Othe part i tried to adjust my attitude, always distract myself to something else if I found myself slip into the darkness.

I like the chapter of healing spiritually written by Dr. Singlton. What he described is what i experienced. Medicine can be prescribed by doctors, Attitude can only be adjusted by ourselves.

Posts: 27 | From MA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luluMN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luluMN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tell me more. What do you mean the "right meds"?

He's been on: doxy, omnicef, zith, flagyl, rifampin and then rifing...

and what do you mean by a "hands-on LLMD"? when they are so far away? We have to dive 12 hours to get to ours.

Are there different meds for psych sx?

Thanks for your insight!

Posts: 232 | From MN | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymielauren28
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 13742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymielauren28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Laura,

Yes! There is hope!! The psych synptoms were the worst for me - and I do mean the worst. I was the same way - so up and down I didn't know which way was what.

I've been on 600 mg of zith as well as malarone for five months now and it has made a tremendous difference. I felt so unstable for so long, and I finally feel like my old self again.

I too started rifing about three months ago, but have continued with my zith and malarone. Here's what I think:

I think rifing is excellent for Lyme disease and not so excellent for bartonella and babesia. Most psych symptoms are caused by bartonella and zith is excellent for that particular disease. Keep in mind too, that when herxing on Bart meds, you typically have a "psych" herx - all those mental symptoms get worse before getting better.

I was no fun to be around 80% of the time before treating bart...during treatment...uggh. I couldn't stand to be around myself, much less have anyone else around me, it was awful.

Has your husband been on a bart treatment for any extended period of time? You say on and off, so that leads me to believe he may have been jumping around from med to med and maybe not sticking to one thing long enough to see if it worked...

For me it took three months of zith day in and day out to knock a dent in the bart. The last two months I have finally gotten my old self back. It takes a while.

I also want to commend you for sticking by your husband and coming here and posting to try and help him. He needs your help, and he needs your support. I know it's hard, but try to remember that it's the disease and not the man you married. With a lot of hard work, time and effort, you will both get that man back!!

Talk to your doctor about aggressively treating Bart, and then do it. I garantee you in three to four months he'll be a different person.

Lauren

--------------------
"The only way out is through"

Posts: 1434 | From mississippi | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luluMN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12703

Lauren,

Thank you for your ray of hope!

It is so difficult to be around him, he does not even seem like the old guy I know..so hopeless, sad, his face is so flat with no emotion...it is heart breaking for me to see him so down. I don't think he can see from the outside how sad he looks.

I also think he is herxing from the rifing he is doing. Yes he has only been on 1 drug for about 2 months the most.

Maybe he needs to take a break and go back to abx or zith for a while.

Thanks for your insight, every little bit of info helps! I think I'll go give him a hug.

Alexis
Member # 9656

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alexis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It does get better! It is really hard,though.
My son was so depressed and angry and now it is like he is back. Your husband is fortunate to have a good wife.

Posts: 28 | From North Carolina | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine is still there to a certain degree, so I may not be the best person to get advice from, but then again I had severe psych symptoms of a genetic nature dating back to before I likely contracted TBD's.

Treating babesia helped mine some, but of course it could have simply been due to the Zithromax I took with the Mepron treating something else.

Note: I didn't have much of a reason to even suspect babesia before I got my positive FISH, but some people have false negatives.

Yes, these symptoms do get better with treatment, but sometimes it is just a matter of finding the right treatment for you, which can take lots of experimentation and trying new meds/things.

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickbattler
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi laura,
I would guess bart as well. You might consider asking your LLMD about levaquin. It has made a huge difference in my husband's mood and insomnia, which we attribute to bart.

I would also read Dr. Burrescano's slides from a recent lecture he gave. He talks about coinfections and treatment. Go to lymepa.org and you can find a copy of his slides.

Best of luck to you.

tickbattler

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sertraline 100mg daily is what i take for my mood swings and really has helped.

i can tell if i forgot to take in morning!

yes, your hubby has been blessed with outstanding wife of compassion and understanding! give yourself a big hug! [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Radha
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Radha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to tickbatter, did you herx on levaquin or just

start feeling better?

Radha

Posts: 392 | From New York | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement