LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » crying and flagyl??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: crying and flagyl??
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm going to stop the flagyl. i can't take this...

i started crying yesterday. i said i was going to take our new baby, sammy, back, couldn't take the pressure...missed my mom.

i just sat next to mike and literally squalled. i feel so down and out of it.

my neck i really bothering me and i think i could have broken my collarbone and done something to my shoulder in that fall. my appt is on tuesday.

course i was crying about the fall too...

i'm thinking of just giving up on antibiotics and calling it quits. i feel so much worse on them.....

there has got to be a better treatment for me.

the depression, the pain, the "i'm going to kill myself" feeling

i can't take this anymore....

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear that randibear, hope you feel better.

Yes, I had to stop flagyl after a few days due to the emotional meltdown it caused. For some of us it can be a very tough drug.

People do get better without flagyl, so please don't torture yourself.

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nomoremuscles
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nomoremuscles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Randi.

The whole time I was on flagyl I felt toxic and very very black. The depression was unrelenting. I ended up having to take off a few days, if not a week, at intervals of every few weeks, maybe three or so. Then I would go back on, and within a few days it would be awful again.

On the bright side, however, in the end I think flagyl combined with zith was responsible for clearing most of my early neuro-brain symptoms. But it was also the beginning of my gut woes. So, as I'm sure you know, be extra vigilant about your gut while on it. Looking back, I think I would have done better pulsing it on 1-2 week per month or per every-six-weeks schedule. It was too intense to stay on steadily.

But each time I stopped, it was like someone opened the curtains and light came back into my life. The depression, for me, lifted pretty quickly.

Good luck.

Posts: 845 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alliebridge
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alliebridge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I felt really bad on it until day 6 or so and then after that I felt ok. It was a very long(almost) week on it though. I felt crazy (!) and had vivid nightmares, nausea, vomiting and unbelievable herxing as well (pain everywhere).

It also had adverse effects on my bloodwork. My kidney or liver functioning (can't remember which) went way off.

It's a scary drug!

Posts: 366 | From MA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rianna
Member # 11038

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rianna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a suggestion, can you not change over to tinidazole it is still a cyst buster and Brorson & Brorson studdies show it is actually more effective than Flagyl with far less side effects.

Rianna

Posts: 1172 | From UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickbattler
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband had IV flagyl once weekly and the next day he was always so down from the flagyl. It was clear that the flagyl was causing the depression.

I hope you feel better soon.

tickbattler

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annxyz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes if you search old files, it does frequently cause depression.

I hate it !

I believe Lymetoo also said it caused her problems . It is very common.

--------------------
ANNXYZ

Posts: 744 | From Mineola | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wimenin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wimenin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cry spells are not uncommon with lyme. Realize the neurological issues with lyme, the inflammation of the limbic brain area, the toxins beling released into the brain tissues, blood, etc. Anxiety, depressession, cry spells, personality changes, bi polar feelings, etc...are all a part of neuro lyme. Imagine its a roller coaster, and sooner or later, you're going to not only have the down cycles, but also the ups as well. If you continue to ride the ride, eventually things start to even out. The downs not as bad, the ups not as high, and leveling off occurs.

I speak from experience as Ive had a battle of anxiety going on since this started. As I write this now, I can feel a cry spell trying to take over, literally, and I have to just ride it out.

Unless you really cant take the pain, you really need to stick with your abx and keep fighting. If its hitting the brain, youre going to have strange neuro things happen.

Youre not alone... we can definetly relate...

Posts: 514 | From . | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, the generic Flagyl was too hard to take - I very depressed. It wasn't until I read on another forum that their LLMD insisted that they take the brand name Flagyl because the generic was giving too many side effects.

Made a difference, but I started out on a sliver once a week. Currently I'm on 1/4 pill twice a week after a month or so. Yes, it pays to build up slowly.

CherylSue

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cass A
Member # 11134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cass A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Long before I was diagnosed with Lyme, perhaps long before I had it, a doctor gave me Flagyl for a recurring bladder infection.

Well, I became conscious while I was sitting on a stool facing something with cubbyholes in it. I had some things in my hands...made out of paper....didn't know what they were.

It took many minutes to figure out that these were mail and that I was sorting them.....

No more of that drug for me!!!!!!

Best,

Cass A

Posts: 1245 | From Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Randi --

Flagyl Will Defiantly Bum You Out-

It even Bummed Me out some and I
never get Bummed Out --

Some people it Really effects --

Can also make a person have some
Really Wacky thoughts --

Some of the Craziest posts I have read
here were written when the people
were taking Flagyl --

The post would make Zero sense -

Once you quit taking the Flagyl
your normal self will reappear --

Randi-
I have gotten my health back -
-- You Will Too --Jay--

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement