LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Starting Malarone-Zithro and Flagly

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Starting Malarone-Zithro and Flagly
tonyp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tonyp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be starting Malarone/Zithro and Flagly starting Tuesday.

any watchouts? with food/without food?

How quickly does it work?

Trying to attack both Lyme and potentially babs. Not sure if I have babs, but I have enough clinical signs to treat.

Stiff Neck, headache and fatigue

--------------------
Dx 3/2008 Pos. WB and Bart- igenex
Levequin 500 mg March 2008
Amox 6000 mg - May 2008
Doxy 400 mg - June - oct
Biaxin and Flagly 1000 each, oct-dec
Zitro, Malarone and Flagly Jan - feb
Remission for 6 months
Relapse Sept 2009 zithro/flagyl

Posts: 130 | From canada | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MayberryNut
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MayberryNut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tonyp,

I'll be interested to hear how this works for you. I had read somewhere that a combination of azithromycin and flagyl should be effective since one is intracellular and the other is a cyst buster.

You were taking 6,000 mg of amoxicillin per day? My goodness that seems like a lot. Was it effective for you??? I'm taking 3,000 mg of amoxicillin per day and I don't think it's helping at all.

I wish you the best of luck!

William

Posts: 131 | From MD | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonyp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tonyp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks,

Yes, the Amox was a high dosage. I am not totally convinced that amox did anything for me.
I made real strides with the 400 mg of Doxy.

Looking forward to taking this combo. Not sure what to expect as I am nor is my LLMD 100 percent convinced that I have babs

Good luck with your amox. Hope it works

Tony

--------------------
Dx 3/2008 Pos. WB and Bart- igenex
Levequin 500 mg March 2008
Amox 6000 mg - May 2008
Doxy 400 mg - June - oct
Biaxin and Flagly 1000 each, oct-dec
Zitro, Malarone and Flagly Jan - feb
Remission for 6 months
Relapse Sept 2009 zithro/flagyl

Posts: 130 | From canada | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MayberryNut
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MayberryNut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you don't mind me asking, has the flagyl been effective since you've been taking it? That might be one of my next treatments and I've read a lot of unpleasant things about it here.

Do you know what the zithro dosage will be?

William

Posts: 131 | From MD | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymielauren28
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 13742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymielauren28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tony, I just responded to your PM but I forgot to tell you - the malarone MUST be taken with fatty food to absorb properly in your system.

If you can stomach it, a tablespoon of olive oil is an excellent choice, or a tablespoon of peanut butter. You need to shoot for at least 16 grams of fat minimum.

Also, Zith upsets my stomach really bad if I don't eat it with a large meal, so keep that in mind too.

I feel like I'm forgetting something else, and I probably am! When I remember what it is I'll come back and post it...

Lauren

--------------------
"The only way out is through"

Posts: 1434 | From mississippi | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement