LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Two heads are better than one

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Two heads are better than one
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok. I have been in a fog lately and had a set back.

Since thinking in my head is out I am communicating via the keyboard.

Since one lyme brain is not enough..I also am asking for your feedback.

Bottom line is what to do to pull out of this slump.

It has been going on for about 2 weeks now est.

Vision is a problem again....it is always a problem but just seeing through my eyes is a problem now as it use to be.

So, closing my eyes as I type this.

WEakness is back. No longer able to do the walks in the woods for the most part.

Fixing simple meals is out (I think I will solve that tomorrow by picking up some things at the grocery store that I dont' have to fix.

Brain fog has increased.

Only difference in protocol is I am out of reservetrol and one of the abx...clarithromycin.

I have ordered reservetrol so it should be here soon.

In order to get more clarithrymycin I need to either see a primary doctor and see if they will call in the prescription for it.

Which means I need to either see the old doc who I have avoided almost all year. The doc is fine but she passes things on to the nurse and the nurse has a can't do attitude (always says the insurance will not provide this)

So, other option is to contact insurance company and see if they will change me to the other doctor in the office who a local person recommended.

if not, then need to go to plan B with that..you all know what it is like to find a lyme friendly primary doc.

Other plan is to schedule a visit to see lyme doc out of state ...nto sure health is up to this as traveling 15 min in car just about does me in.

So, kind of in overload here with trying to have a clear enough brain to problem solve this one.

Past experience with this weakness was resolved with abx.

Darn. I was hoping taht I did not need abx but not there yet.

Mostly it is the head stuff that is the issue.

Other option is to get the stuff the lyme doc suggested I try for bart and head stuff.

I think I do have the funds to do this now via christmas gift.

It needs to be ordered and then mailed to me.

I have called a few times and left messages. We seem to be playing phone tag.

Other option is to get address and just mail the check to doctor's office and tell them to mail me the products.

Need brain working well enough to do these steps.

I like the level I was functioning at and would like to get back ot it.

Taking excedrin daily now again to keep head stuff down but still is not clearing head enough.

Thinking I also need to get more detox tea in me and the other tea to help with digestion.

Even making a cup of tea is tricky right now

Good news is sleep seems to be better. Not sure when I am falling asleep. But usually waking around 3 am and then listening to Chuck Swindoll on the web and able to fall back to sleep.

Basically, the brain is out to lunch without me. I have gotten in the car a few times hoping I could find it but that didnt' work either.

Also tried getting in the power chair and getting out of the house but that didnt' work either.

Can't seem to get the head to clear up.

Neurotoxins?HOping to be able to do the ionic foto spa thing. But, when I am weak and the brain is not working well...it is a big struggle.

Kidn of like trying to make a cup of tea.

Both are worth trying as long as I dont' make things worse and end up throwing up and having to just lie still and in lala land and wait things out.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Started out thinkign I was just herxing..increased pain, etc.

But, it doesn't seem to be letting up.

Too many things going on to figure things out wtih the body and brain.

Big picture is I am doing much better than in the past.

And am hoping this is just a set back and I will get back to where I was...walking in the woods ..a good strong walk for abotu 20 min..able to do a few things around the house for about 10 min.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
david1097
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for david1097     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Consider this theoretical posibility.

Late lyme symptoms are for the most part the result of immune response to the bacteria.

Problem is that the bacteria is not seen very well by the immune system, thus the normal white cell counts and protien levels.

The bacteria, from what I have read, show some similary to various tissues in the body (as part of the stealth process) and as a result the antibodies can get confused and attack the similar tissues, producing symptoms in the process.

The net result is similar to a weak form of a thing called fruend's complete adjunct,(adjuvant); a compound that lights up the immune system to the point where it starts to attack the body.

Adjuvants are often used in vacines to force the body to speed up the immune response so that more anti bodies are produced to the active part of the vacine.

Ajuvants that are used include immunue stimulants like squaleene, Alum and other aluminum salts, various bacteria fragements, certain plant extracts and even lyme OPSa its self.

(I have zero faith in the herbal "immune boosters" that are promoed as potential cures for lyme).

An overdose of adujants ramps up the immune system too much and is starts to atack every thing ,particularly things that it is already slightly programmed to go after.

(look up adjuvant overdose and side effect)

In any infection, the immune system ramps up when an infection is detected.

This has the effect of speeding up the response to the new infection but also has the effect of increasing the activity of the immunue system.

This in turn increases the activity of the immune response to lyme, resutling in worsening systems.

Bottom line is that if you catch a flu or other infectious disease, the war on that infection also increases the activity against the lyme, which, because fo the way lyme works means your tissue is also being attacked.

The result is increased inflamation in the brian vascualture, inflamtion of the joints etc.

---CONCLUSION----

It sounds like you have caught something else, which even it is mild can trigger the worsening of the lyme related stuff.

---DISCLAMER---

The above has not been proven but there are some that thinking in mode. It provides a very good explanation of what happend with Lymerix.

Note that it does not explain the persistence of the cyclical flareups (which I strongly beleive is indicative of persistent infection) but it does explaing the residual effects of "cured" lyme.

Posts: 1184 | From north america | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kam,

i don't have any experience with what you are going thru but sending you [group hug] [kiss] and sorry your christmas today wasn't super great as well as the previous 2 weeks! [Wink]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey hey Kam...

I know how hard it is to think when in that mode.

May I suggest from an "outside your head" spot?

Rather than plan B, C, D, E, etc....

Focus on getting to a LLMD.

That is the one stop shop for getting the right help and letting them do the thinking for you.

I know the trip is hard.. but I think it is time to get you a LLMD.

If you focus on JUST that... you can let go of all the rest.

I think it will help reduce stress too.

BTW- How is your yeast?

Be sure it is being addressed aggressively. Your brain sounds like this MIGHT be a factor.

Good luck!

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well i dont have much of a brain either these days

but i agree with tincup .. try to get to a llmd.

if you have a coinfection lurking it can keep you frowm getting well if the lyme is just adressed without it...

well at least it has me.

Sorry you had such a bad holiday. I hope you manage to get things back on track to better very soon. [group hug]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

The brain is working a bit better today. I was able to take the plastic wrap off the paper bowls...I think I haven't been able to do that for 2 weeks now.

And I was able to find the stuff to snow/rain protect my hiking boots and put it on them...that is another task I have not had the brain power to do in a long time.

As far as contacted the LLMD. The last two telephone consults I was told to get some products which I have not been able to get due to lack of funds to help with the brain and bart.

But, I received some funds for Christmas that will help me get some of the products.

I just need the brain to work well enough to go through the steps needed to get the products on the way.

sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Cowden protocol is pretty helpful for me.

It's all together if you get the full protocol. they send you all the tinctures & a schedule so you don't have to figure it out much.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Sparkle, I really like the Cowden PRotocol. I was donated a 6 month supply of it. I am on my last month.

Things were going fairly well so I was surprised when the brain went south again along with the body.

I am concerned about how things will be once I am off of the Cowden protocol.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe you have to continue with the Cowden herbs? I'm always adding new things & trying additional stuff.

I've been using the LightWorks on & off, Lauracidin, Mangosteen powder... I'm starting to research pulsed electro magnetic fields now. The EM Pulse Trilogy looks interesting.

2008 was a maximum stress year for me. I just moved to a new place 700 miles away. I'm doing pretty good - considering. I don't really feel like I need to go back on abx. I think I just have to continue with the alternative approaches.

I'd like to get into some homeopathic treatments with the Lightworks, eventually. I need to study it further.

There are alot of alternatives you can try other than abx. Meditating with CDs from Hemi-sync or Dr Jeffrey Thompson help me alot with brainfog.

They use sound to enhance brain function. It can be helpful.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

thanks sparkle. I received some dvd's for christmas.

I was wondering what other good dvd's there were to listen to.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

These are good:

http://www.neuroacoustic.com/

http://www.hemisyncforyou.com/

tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Kam,

I obviously don't have any advice with where I'm sitting and brain dead myself, but I did want you to know I'm here and sorry you took a nose dive.

I honestly can relate to the fear, panic and any other emotion you go through when this happens.

I really thought I was seeing the light at the end of the tunnel earlier this year and then bang, I didn't know if I was re infected or something just went haywire since I was STILL on treatment and hadn't even changed anything.

It's a frustrating roller coaster and I just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you. Good luck.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Thanks for the support. That means a lot. Getting through these times are scary.
tabbytamer
Member # 3159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tabbytamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kam,

Are you guys getting that freakish cold weather/storm that we just went through?

I've been dealing with brain fog & vertigo, which I haven't experienced in months and months. Even have constant dark circles under my eyes which had also gone away.

Figure the weather change may have something to do with it.

[group hug]

--------------------
Tabby

-

California Lyme support group

Posts: 2098 | From San Diego, CA, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement