LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Magnesium and beyond tired

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Magnesium and beyond tired
pini
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1405

Icon 13 posted      Profile for pini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took a magnesium supplement today that I bought a CVS. I have been tired all day, not the norm for me, and I took a 2 hour nap. I still feel tired and weak. Could this be the magnesium or something else?
Posts: 260 | From Long Island, New York | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiden424
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aiden424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What kind of magnesium did you take. Most stores sell magnesium oxide, which is pretty much just a laxative.

I have days I feel so tired I can hardly function. Other times I feel fine. Could just be the Lyme.

I also got really tired when I first started Doxycycline. I felt so tired at times it felt like I was going to pass out.

Kathy

--------------------
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Posts: 807 | From South Dakota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DebAz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FYI.. ANd I know not all doctors agree

My doc has told me not to take any magnesium at all. Not even epson salt baths. He told me I would feel worse and worse as long as I took it .

So maybe ... you might want to do a trial without any?

Deb

Just a suggestion

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erica741
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15186

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Erica741     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great question!

Per my LLMD's instructions, I've been taking 1-1.5 grams of high quality magnesium glycinate for several months. I've felt worse since starting the high dose, but have also added in a lot of new treatments during that time so hard to tell if the magnesium is making me feel better or worse.

Maybe I'll go down to a lower dose for a few days, and see what happens.

Posts: 408 | From California | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pini
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1405

Icon 10 posted      Profile for pini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the input. It is magnesium oxide, I guess not the greatest. I feel better than the other day. I'll give it a few weeks and see.
Posts: 260 | From Long Island, New York | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erica741
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15186

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Erica741     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD says magnesium glycinate is the best form of mag and best absorbed. Magnesium malate is also good.

The oxide is supposedly the worst form - doesn't absorb well and tends to diarrea and/or other digestive tract issues.

Posts: 408 | From California | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement