LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Whimper, Whine.. Ouch my spine!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Whimper, Whine.. Ouch my spine!
AZURE WISH
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have pain other places but My spine is hurting alot. When i say my spine i mean the whole thing... top to bottom.

Breathing is really painful. Not the best start to a new year.

I really dont want to be SO aware of every breath.

I think it is inflamation though. (probaly my nerves ...maybe? I have lots of other nerve pain [confused] )

I was desperate and just took an advil but cant keep doing that. To tired to google so i was hoping someone would have an idea of something to help... but

I have a ton of stomach problems so pain pills are kinda out. And i know there are things like lyrica.. but they have alot of side effects that i already have ...i am lightheaded with tremors etc.

but if there is a patch type thing that isnt fentanyol (i am allergic to that one) that might atcually help without aggrivating my digestive issues.

And i know there is an antiinflamation diet ...

but there are only several foods i can eat as it is and i gotta eat so i cant do that one right now..

And i know stretches might help if i were not such a mess... but my body is too tired and hurty and uncoordinated and blah blah [dizzy] and i really cant exercise now.

Oh and i already take liquid (cuz of my stomach issues) vit b's and a magnesuim supplement. .... so

Anyone have any ideas that dont fall into one of the above catagories

beside finding a bullet to bite down on...

no wait that might give me metal toxicity [bonk]

Thank You for your patience with my long whiney post and thank you for any thoughts how to make me and my spine friends again. [group hug]

HAPPY NEW YEAR! [Smile]

[ 01. January 2009, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: AZURE WISH ]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[hi] Azure,

Maybe try some heat, my hot rice tube socks make everything feel a little better. I know that it isn't much, but it looks like you have trouble with a lot of other things that may help.

Hope you feel a little better later on today.

Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know exactly what you mean about back problems. if it's not my neck hurting, then it's between my shoulder blades, if it's not that, then the lower back.

i move like i'm 100 years old. my collarbone stays so sore it hurts to breathe.

i'm a physical wreck.....and tests show nothing...

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Azure. First, it's so good to see you posting again...

Second...my daughter has just gone through some MRI's to see why her spine is hurting so bad.

She has improved in so many ways, but the spine is the last stronghold of this disease.

Turns out she has issues with her spine, but two neurologists don't feel it's the cause of her pain.

She is doing physical therapy. (I just read her your post, and she smiled in understanding).
We figured strengthening the back can't be harmful in the long run.

We aren't talking exercise ball stomach crunches, we are talking "sit and be fit" kindof movements. She's 20 years old, and this is all she can do.

We saw her LLMD yesterday to get her supply of vicodin and percocet (don't everyone stampede). Doc said that he is sure it's inflammation and the medication has a dickens of a time getting back to the spine area.

I'm not sure what to tell you to do. Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone.

Kelmo

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Azure,

You might be dehydrated. I have mucho spine damage and a compressed spinal cord.

When I started drinking more water it helped sooooo much.

Dehydration can cause severe pain. It certainly can't hurt to drink more water. Hope this helps,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave6002
Member # 9064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave6002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When my spine hurts, I use a heating device and the pains would go away soon, and wouldn't come back for awhile.

While for stomach problem, "liquefied" (using a blender) garlic of 3 to 4 cloves twice a day would help.

Posts: 1078 | From Fairland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Far Infrared Sauna.

Other detox like Zeolite from Waioria - that has really reduced my inflammation.

Lots of good fats like avocadoes + coconut oil.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peedie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15355

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Peedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could you have spinal menegitis going on? Have you see your doctor specifically about your back? We tend to see everything due to Lyme and certainlly it could be.

I herx in my lower back. I just think you should consider your back problem may be something else and get it checked out.

I hope you will feel better soon.
-p

Posts: 641 | From So. CA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
azure, [group hug] [kiss] i really feel for you; my spine hurts all the time too and has for years.

i use frozen ice packs and moist heating pad; ice daily; heating pad when ice doesn't dull the pain.

azure, in spite of all your pain, your title made me laugh and smile since it rhymed so well! [lol] [Big Grin]

Radha
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Radha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my spine is one of the worst places i have such

unbearable screaming pain, it aches, stings and

stabs and i cannot back in a chair or lean back

in bed at all, nothing can touch my back, its

terrible, i take oxycontin but i am sorry if you

cant take any of that, i tried heat but that

makes me more lightheaded, sometimes light

massage helps but its too sensiive to touch! hope

you get some relief,

Radha

Posts: 392 | From New York | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Radha
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Radha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my spine is one of the worst places i have such

unbearable screaming pain, it aches, stings and

stabs and i cannot back in a chair or lean back

in bed at all, nothing can touch my back, its

terrible, i take oxycontin but i am sorry if you

cant take any of that, i tried heat but that

makes me more lightheaded, sometimes light

massage helps but its too sensiive to touch! hope

you get some relief,

Radha

Posts: 392 | From New York | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

Gotta be inflammation !

Toxins cause lots of inflammation.
Check out "Detox Or Die" by Shelley Rogers MD.

kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
St John. My daughter just finished a full spine and brain MRI series.

What showed up on hers was a lot of disk inflammation. Almost every disk was slightly bulging.

She also had a cyst called a syringomyelia.

Pain doc said he didn't want to inject anything in the spine...just ordered her a TENS unit.

Neurologist said that bulging and syrinx did not contribute to pain.

LLMD said, blood supply is low in that area, making it difficult for medication to penetrate.
He is convinced it's inflammation related to the infection.

However, I'm glad we had all the testing done to show there isn't permanent damage going on. It would be a good idea if the doctor is recommending it. At least you will know.

My daughter gets in such pain that vicodin or percocet fails to give relief.

She is finishing a round of physical therapy. She is doing tiny stretching exercises just to keep things mobile.

I'm trying to talk her into using the sauna again. She stopped because it hurt her back too much to sit upright; we can't afford a reclining model at this time.

It sounds like many of you have lived with this pain for a long time.

Does oxycontin help?

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cgo
Member # 18164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I feel you on that! Tailbone to spine I'm in excruciating pain all the time. The only things that seem to help--and by "help" i mean like .3 on a scale of 0-10... so not much--is taking hot baths and heat wraps and a lot of Aleve.
Posts: 9 | From Northern NJ | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starfall1969
Member # 17353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfall1969     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had some serious neck and back pain since having kids, pretty much, but it got much MUCH worse about 7 months ago.

I had x-rays done and all that, which showed nothing.

Then I visited a chiropractor. She took x-rays too, and hers showed my spine to be completely shifted to the left.

I have been seeing her for almost 2 months, and a good deal of the pain has lessened.

I know many people don't buy into chiropractors, and I myself don't believe they can cure as much as they say they can cure or prevent.

But it may be worth it to look into one, especially if he/she is at least somewhat knowledgeable about Lyme. Mine has a bit of knowledge about it, although she does not claim to be an expert.

Good luck, and hang in there!

Posts: 1682 | From Dillsburg, PA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barbarame
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16423

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barbarame     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to say that I am thinking about you and hoping for a better evening.

Kindly,
Barb

Posts: 167 | From USA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Munch
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Munch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you had a bone density test? Do you know your T-score? How about IGF-1?

I'm growth hormone deficient and have been doing HGH shots for 1.5 years. My IGF-1 is now normal thanks to the HGH.

I developed spine pain in many places and thought it was worsening FM. Turns out I have 7 compression fractures due to osteoporosis. I've had 2 of them repaired and no longer suffer from pain in those 2 areas. I'm having the next one fixed on Fri 1/9/09.

Posts: 192 | From Dwight, IL USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeloco
Unregistered

Icing, Advil and stretching. What helps you relax? A beer? Glass of wine? Massage? Do whatever it takes to make you feel better.

Don't wear heels that are higher than they should be. Wear comfortable shoes and slippers.
Stop doing the tango and hip hop dancing and possibly you'll feel better.

Have you got a partner? Have them massage that spine and ice it! Hopefully, you'll feel better.
Hey, where have you been? I get it, you've been dancing and aggravaiting that spine of yours.

I wish for all, was that everyone would have a healthier and happier new year. [Wink]

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guess we can all only discover what makes us feel better.

For me, I use an equalizer massage machine, which vibrates side to side, lightly, and can be steered up and down the back so it massages the muscles on each side of the spine and doesn't touch the spine itself.

I call it vaccuuming my back. It is my favorite massager of all those I have tried.

Another tool I use is a red light unit, with 660nm LED. It reduces pain wherever I hold it.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for all the ideas [Smile]

Sorry so many other have to deal with the spine pain too. [group hug]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To all with spine pain Take
-- Glucosamine Sulfate --(GS)

I take 2000mg per day--

GS rebuilds joint cartilage --
Its as close to Magic as medicine gets -

Make SURE it says Sulfate on the label-

Dont Buy at Wal Mart--Jay--

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i tried my husband's hand held massager for just a couple of minutes on my neck and shoulders.

the next morning i was in such pain i would have taken morphine if i'd had it. the headache had me in tears and my muscls hurt so bad i couldn't move.

ain't doing that again, no way...

it just hurts to much to even let anybody near me...

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

Those with really tender muscles - you have lots of inflammation !

Reduce it and lots of your pain should be gone.

psano2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psano2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the same problem. I had a terribly achy spine, often very tender in spots. At the same time, my shoulders drooped and ached. The way I got rid of it was with aggressive antibiotic therapy. I had to increase my doses over the accepted standard.

I also used an infrared light therapy machine, DPL light therapy. Some use the Sota Lightworks, but I bought the DPL light therapy machine. I used it all over my back, spine and shoulders. It gave me a strong herx the first time I used it in that my shoulder muscles cramped up severely. As I used it more, the muscles began to relax.

Lastly, I massaged Venex ointment into my shoulders, back, spine, and any area that ached, itched, or hurt. Venex is bee venom ointment. There's a thread about it right now that you can pull up. Bee venom contains mellitin, which has been found to kill Bb. I can't say enough about it. If nothing seems to be helping, you should try at least one of these things.

Just my opinion.

Patti

Posts: 975 | From California | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Radha
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8464

can you herx from the venex bee venom ointment?

if not then i would try it, please let me know,

thanks

Radha

psano2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psano2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, you can/do herx from the bee venom ointment. I herx very easily. My primary symptom is that my eyes start to droop/close up, and it happens very quickly for me. It may depend on your own symptoms.

It's a good reason to start conservatively.

Patti

Posts: 975 | From California | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Radha
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8464

thanks patti for letting me know,
Radha

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement