LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Today John Travolta's Son Died at 16 yrs old, Had history of headaches !!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Today John Travolta's Son Died at 16 yrs old, Had history of headaches !!!
eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eric555     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today John Travolta's Son Died at 16 yrs old,

Had history of headaches !!!

Could it be perhaps Lyme related,
or another disclosed mysterious disease which the CDC and our so called Government hides from us all ???

click link to view...

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=6567882&page=1

So sorry little one, RIP

[confused]

[ 03. January 2009, 03:47 AM: Message edited by: eric555 ]

Posts: 570 | From philadelphia, pa | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TO LIFE
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[hi] Eric,

I was going to start a post on this as well.

I think BART..

So YES. Much Love, Roz

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The death of a child is tragic. My prayers go out to his friends and family.

Here is information that explains the disease he was diagnosed with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_disease

It sure sounds like Bartonella to me... but then I am not a doctor.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TO LIFE
Unregistered

He was DX with Kawasaju Disease as a child. Which cause Vascullar SX, that's why I thought Bart..
TO LIFE
Unregistered

[hi] Tincup,

You beat me to it. I would't want to race you. [Big Grin]

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my sympathies go out to John Trovalta's family/friends; so young, 16. RIP. [group hug] [kiss]

i knew john had girls; didn't know of his son.

i'm sure close friend, oprah, will have a show about the disease that took john's son!

djf2005
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kawasakis is just another name for a sub set of symptoms that they dont know the cause of.

could very well be some sort of infection, not neccecarily a tbi, but very well could be.

they all will listen implicitly to their dr/s, so an opportunity here to propel lyme awareness will most likely not happen.

my condolences to the travolta family, although if any other kid had died of unknown causes would we have even heard about it?

[Smile]

derek

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought he had a seizure disorder.

My prayers and thoughts to his family.

How tragic.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starfall1969
Member # 17353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfall1969     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard also that he was autistic, and that their church (Scientology, right?) in some way said it was the family's fault that Jett suffered from this because they didn't do enough for the church.

Just another way of shifting the blame on some of these little known diseases instead of helping those who suffer.

Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox.

My condolences also go out to the family.

Posts: 1682 | From Dillsburg, PA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the presentation of Kawasakis disease at the age of 48, verified through MRA.

True Kawasakis disease is a disease that presents in early childhood.

In my case it is LYME DISEASE affecting my cerebral arteries.

Or Bartonella.

So you are not all goofs to think Lyme or TBI's in these instances.

Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlueCheetah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueCheetah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like Bart to me too.

I saw this last night....

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/02/obit.jett.travolta/index.html

--------------------
Lyme, Babesia Microti, possible Bart.

Posts: 173 | From A little south of sanity - PA | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Starfall:

You stated: " . . .and that their church (Scientology, right?) in some way said it was the family's fault that Jett suffered from this because they didn't do enough for the church. . . ."

I don't know where that was printed, but it it is so untrue. Too bad the editors at that publication let that false idea get out the door. It had nothing to do with their faith nor with how little or much one was involved in their religious community.

Do you have a link - the direct citation - of where you heard/saw that statement? The editors of that news outlet need to made aware of the errors in that statement.

Thanks.

==

Truly, this is very sad for the whole family. The boy's health problems may not have begun from a serious reaction to carpet cleaning chemicals (from a normal service call to their house) but that was one huge hit for him as a toddler.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are waiting for the results of the autopsies(sp?) as per Larry King Show last night.

Wondering how we could get info to family to ask about looking for spirochetes in the brain.

Would it need to be someone like ...sorry can't recall the doctor's name mentioned in the UOS film....someone who knew what they were looking for

[ 03. January 2009, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: kam ]

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

While I know lyme can be masked in a myriad of symptoms, we need to be very careful here. Not everything is lyme or a tick-borne infection. Many things cause headaches and seizures.

My concern is that approaching the family in any manner at this time would be an invasion of privacy and I know that I'd be reeling were that to be someone in my family. I would feel assaulted if someone came to me saying it's this or that - when for nearly the son's entire life the parents had been on watch.

Considering the son's history of health problems, I am sure that the family took into account many ways to decipher it and support their son.

I am sure the parents have instructed the pathologist to take a wide-eye approach.

Sure, we have much more to learn and it might be good to see autopsies routinely test for various chronic stealth infections so as to prevent painful lives and early deaths for others. However, this may not be the time or place to try to start it.

Perhaps the LDA or ILADS already has information as to if some program of this nature has been discussed - and if the testing would even be possible - and reliable.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emla999/Lyme
Member # 12606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emla999/Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kawasaki disease: is it caused by an infectious agent?

Lloyd AJ, Walker C, Wilkinso M.

Portsmouth Public Health Laboratory, St Mary's Hospital, UK.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11440204

Kawasaki disease (KD) is an acute systemic febrile illness of unknown aetiology, predominantly affecting children under five years of age. Initially described in 1967 by Tomisaku Kawasaki, it is now the most common cause of acquired heart disease in children in the developed world.

Although normally self-limiting, KD is associated with a range of complications, the most important of which is the development of life-threatening coronary artery abnormalities. Here, we examine the evidence supporting the concept that KD is caused by an infectious agent.

Various infectious agents--including bacterial, viral and Rickettsial organisms--have been implicated as potential causes, as have certain immunological agents such as bacterial toxin-mediated superantigens, allergens such as anionic detergents and house-dust mites, and some chemicals (including heavy metals).

Following extensive research, however, no links between any of these individual agents and the disease have been established irrefutably.

Despite this, most of the epidemiological and immunological evidence currently available indicates that the causative agent is most likely to be infectious in nature; and additional evidence highlights the likelihood that development of KD is multifactorial in nature, requiring certain genetic and immunological factors, and possibly a vector.

PMID:11440204 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Posts: 1223 | From U.S.A | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent informative article Emla. I wonder if someone could forward this to cnn Larry King Live.....and or Dr. Oz...

.maybe someone will be awake enough to pick up on this.

I don't know how) I was deeply saddened as well when I heard of his sons death.

My prayers go out to John Travolta and his wife Kelly Preston.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2roads
Member # 4409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2roads     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have noticed several obits recently and local life stories of people just dying at a young age, some with seizure activity and mental disabilities, other not mentioned.

I am reminded by the documentary" Under our Skin" by Jemsek (?sp), "it's the next Tsunami".

I wish I had studied microbiology as an adolescent. A profession to help answer some questions for me, and maybe give answers to others. At the very least, to have the life-long ability to search for a cure from the insidious infectious behavior.

How insane that a religion would penalize a parent for church support. Can't even blame the parents for ignorance because we all expect we can rely on the medical community....those who should give us answers.

I prey, in death, they will

[shake] [shake] [rant]

2roads

Posts: 2214 | From West Chester, PA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imanurse
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imanurse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interestingly, my daughter was diagnosed with Kawasaki's when she was younger. This doctor was the same one that misdiagnosed my EM rash as an unusual spider bite.

After I was finally correctly diagnosed and few months into treatment by an LLMD, I began to wonder if my daughter truly had LD too, because of her symptoms.

We had her tested too, and guess what, we were both CDC WB positive. True Kawasaki is somewhat rare, but LD is very common!!! Intersting that physicians always look for strange diagnoses when LD is so clear! It will be interesting to see what his autopsy shows.

I am sorry for the loss of this young Travolta teen. How very sad.

--------------------
**Eat Chocolate**

Posts: 942 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement