LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Metallic secretions?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Metallic secretions?
ForestNymph
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ForestNymph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About a week ago I started noticing a metallic taste in my mouth accompanied by sudden nausea. The nausea has since gone away and the taste of metal only returned last night. Also my skin has a metallic smell and even a wierd metallic shine?

I can just tell something is wrong. I haven't been as sick as I am right now in awhile and it doesn't seem to have the same pattern as herx. I have even more fatigue than usual along with that flu like sick feeling.

I am on detox supplements that have so far worked very well. I was wondering if anyone out there can shed some light on what might be happening? I am used to all kinds of unusual symptoms but this one scares me a little.

--------------------
Infected in March '06

Lyme Disease, Bartonella, Babesia

Diagnosed June '07

Remission Since September 2011.

My Story:
http://lymelabyrinth.blogspot.com

www.myspace.com/psyche_entranced

Posts: 119 | From Florida | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like metal release. Are you taking anything to mobilize metals? Are you taking anything to kill bacteria, viruses or candida/yeast?

I would take something to help excrete metals if it were me.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ForestNymph
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ForestNymph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not taking anything to help excrete metals. What does that and how does it work? Anything homeopathic?

--------------------
Infected in March '06

Diagnosed June '07

My Story:

Posts: 119 | From Florida | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scared08
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scared08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FN----

It's late but if your still on line, please let me know!!!

Have you tried to Google 'Metalic taste and Nausea'??? I haven't yet; just wondering if you have.

Are any of these detox meds. new??? sorry, I couldn't remember if you had mentioned that or not.

I'm going to be on line for a while as I slept most of the day and now I'm trying to catch up on my IV abx!

Do you have any chest, arm, shoulder, back, neck or jaw pain?? If so, is this new???

I'll be checking back

Posts: 351 | From Georgia | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scared08
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scared08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well when I was working which has been almost 15yrs. ago now, these symptoms would have made me thing of something else.

However lately I cannot trust my memory on anything, not exaturating!!

I did Google it to make sure and what I could come up with is the same as another did. Mercury, Copper and Lead.

However there are many, many other causes such as: Liver, gasteritis, etc....

What I always say is to follow your instinct!!!! If you feel nervous about it, then please go see a Dr., okay. If I remember right, you've been dealing w/lyme & co., dotoxing all for quit a while, havent you?????

So, trust the way you feel!

Posts: 351 | From Georgia | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when on biaxin the metallic taste is common

to detox metals i'm pretty sure C and chorella are good...but i will ask a friend to come post here-hes's dtoxing them now-

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JKMMC09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JKMMC09     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you on Biaxin?

If not, it could be a seizure-aura, sort of like a "warning" right before a seizure occurs. My daughter tastes metal right before she goes into a seizure. Are you experiencing any other/new/unusual symptoms after this taste?

I hope you feel better!

Posts: 371 | From CT | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
landerss
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for landerss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weird - nausea and a metallic taste in my mouth began for me last week or two, as well. I attributed it to the fact that I've been taking cilantro and chlorella to help release metals. But, maybe not coincidentally, my LLMD called me yesterday to say that my liver enzymes (AST, specifically) were too high in last week's blood work, and that I need to stop all antibiotics (ceftin, bactrim, doxy) for a week to see if they come down. Ughh.

So, I'm wondering if the nausea metallic taste has something to do with liver toxicity??

--------------------
Increasingly ill over past 10 yrs; treating since October '08.

Posts: 180 | From Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UnexpectedIlls
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15144

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UnexpectedIlls     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ahve had this weird metallic taste off and on during this whole shin dig.

1.You said you are on detox supps. What are they? you COULD be releasing some kind of metal... Detox is detox, your supp, or something you have eaten can be hitting a metal. For instance I juiced cilantro with my juice the other day and felt like crap for the next 2 days with HORRIBLE neuro symptoms.... maybe releasing metal??

2. It could be one of your abx

3. I would check with your LLMD

4. Feel better hun!! [Smile]

--------------------
"You'll be surprised to know how far you can go from the point you thought it was the end"

Posts: 946 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ForestNymph
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15109

Scared08:

Sorry I wasn't on last night and I had an appt. with my pain doc this morning so I was too wiped out to log online. I did try google but there was nothing specific to Lyme Disease so I figured I'd give LymeNet a try.

Nothing is new with any of my meds or supplements. I have been in what feels like a massive herx but I'm not 100% sure. I have been feeling incredibly weak and disoriented a lot. Tonight I had really bad nausea again.

Ipkayak:

Thanks for looking into it for me. I'm not on Biaxin and I am in between antibiotic regimens right now.

JKMMCO9:

I am currently on Neurontin for seizures and nerve pain. Before I took it I was having 20+ petit mal seizures a day. I still have one every once in a while. Maybe I am getting the warning sign but not a seizure because of the meds.

I also noticed I do feel really strange when it happens. I get really spaced out.

Landerss:

Liver toxicity is something else I will definitely look into along with metal toxicity. I know it is hard on the liver with Lyme filtering through it constantly. Its certainly plasible.

UnexpectedIlls:

Were you juicing cilantro for that reason? Is it possible to take less cilantro so you wouldn't react so badly? When you tasted metal did you get nausea or any other symptoms to go along with it? I hope you feel better too! Thanks! [Smile]

Thanks everyone for responding!
[group hug]

--------------------
Infected in March '06

Diagnosed June '07

My Story:

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement