LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What disease do you attribute your horrendous fatigue to? (for those who have it)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What disease do you attribute your horrendous fatigue to? (for those who have it)
Hoosiers51
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since restarting my pulsed artemisinin, the "color" seems to have returned to my face, and my dark under-eye circles seem better.

This could be a coincidence though, because I have also been in the process of ramping down Rifampin, which made me feel simply terrible, with no herxes or improvements.

What is odd is that despite looking better, I have been feeling worse. Especially fatigue.

This is the kind of fatigue that is so bad that you spend all day putting off making a brief phone call, because you just don't have the energy, and end up not doing it for days. Fatigue so bad that I'm too tired to order some supplements online that I "need."

So it seems obvious that while one infection "might" be a little better, another one is ratcheting upwards.....which one????

Which infection do you all attribute this kind of horrendous fatigue to? (Lyme? Bart? Babesia? Mycoplasma?)

I have tested positive at some point for all of the above. I should be drawing more blood in two weeks, but since I'm on antibiotics, I am going under the assumption that I can't trust the tests, so I would like the opinions and experiences of those here.

Thank you.

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's caused by quite a few things:

HHV-6, Epstein Barre, Parvovirus, all bacteria, and the die off.

Pick one.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I obviously don't want to be on antibiotics and anti-malarials if I don't have to.........so how do I know when to just ditch the drugs in favor of an anti-virus protocol? (herbs, supplements, etc)
Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me...extreme fatigue was a symptom of Babs.
Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clairenotes
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fatigue for me, was often an indication of a virus, and viruses came up for me often during parasitic die-offs (babesia is considered a parasite by some). BUT, per the other suggestions, this is not the only possible cause of fatigue, and certainly may be different from one individual to another.

Claire

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine was definitely Lyme. When I went to Germany and treated only the Lyme, the fatigue lifted, even before I treated babs, erlichia, and bart.

I have some fatigue now because I started treating bart and started a detox diet a couple days ago ..... but it's nothing compared to the Lyme fatigue.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Need Lots of Help
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Need Lots of Help     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that fatigue well! It is the main symptom that makes me go for treatment!

The pain at least comes and goes. The fatigue never goes away!!

I tested positive for Lyme/Ehrlichia/Cyclomeglovirus/HHV-6.

I don't know if it is any one specific thing that causes the fatigue, I think that it is just having all of these bacteria and viruses hit our immune system all the time. I think after a while, it just wears us down by draining our nutrients and energy.

If I could get rid of the fatigue, I would accept all the other symptoms.....but that is me!!

Posts: 893 | From Florida | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wiserforit2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wiserforit2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy oh boy, you described my fatigue to the tee!

I'm on Zhang's artemesiae and the physical fatigue is overwhelming along with mental fatigue.

I keep on staring and sitting and thinking of what I need to do and just sitting there and not doing it.

I'm hoping it means that the herbs and Bicillan are just stirring it up and it will go away!

Here's to dropping the fatigue!

wiserforit

Posts: 273 | From Banks of the Hudson | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fatigue has been my most miserable symptom through this whole ordeal. I did not see improvement while on antibiotics. The fatigue began to improve during Babs treatment.
Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mojo
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me, I think it's Bart.

Hey SG -

Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoSublyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoSublyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope it is Bart. I just started treatment for that, so I am hoping to have some improvement. (Babs and lyme treatment have yet to make a difference in regards to that overwhelming tiredness.) You described my fatigue exactly. I want my life back!
Posts: 345 | From East Coast | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement